PDA

View Full Version : I finally beat Final Fantasy XII!

Dragonsoul
11-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Two days ago I beat it! It took 275.5 hours. It's a great game! :)

I skipped some sidequests which take a long time, are less important, and which don't have great enough rewards. I did this to save time because I'm buying Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings the day it comes out, Tuesday, and I need to be done with Final Fantasy XII for it. Also, I didn't have as much interest in those sidequests that I skipped.

I skipped: Fishing nebra river, Balfonheim port footrace, Bestiary completion, Club(not clan) hunts. Also I had never gotten a Hastega mote or a Holy mote so they don't show up in my gambits list. I didn't beat Level 99 Red Chocobo. I didn't get two Sky Pirates Den items: Ba'Gamnan(complete bestiary) and Gabranth(do all concurrences). If I completed that Sky Pirates Den I would obtain Order of Ambrosia. These extra sidequests may take 25 hours. Oh, I beat Yiazmat, in 10.5 hours~!

I used the Negalmuur auto-levelling method. It took 6 characters from level 60-61 to level 99 in 117 hours. I had embroidered tippets equipped to double exp and I had haste cast on Negalmuur also. If I did a standard powerlevelling method I could have the game timer 75 hours less, but it would take more work actually.

So it's 275 hours but I could have increased it 25 hours or lowered it 75 hours(which is more work than the Negalmuur auto-levelling method actually). What a great game! :)

Now, it's on to Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings! :0

Raebus
11-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Well, at least you haven't posted a long list of video games, yet.

Crossblades
11-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Congrats on beating the game and just in time to play Revenant Wings as well(which comes out tomorrow if I'm not mistaken). Glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well =)

remnant1
11-19-2007, 04:06 PM
wow,275 hours.i beat it at 117 hours and continued playing,now im at 178 hours.ive mostly done everything in this game(exept bestiary and club hunts).that powerkeviling stuff must take forever

Dragonsoul
11-19-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm excited, i dl'ed ff xii soundtrack from here
Random VideoGame Soundtracks - Request, yo! [Sendspace] - Final Fantasy Shrine Forums (http://forums.ffshrine.org/showthread.php?t=40276&highlight)

I'll buy it later though. I get FF XII: RW tomorrow! :) new Nintendo ds lite/white today tho

Vivisteiner
11-19-2007, 09:17 PM
CONGRATZ!!!

Although your progress was slow. Ive almost got that far after a hundred hours. XD

empower
11-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Good work.

I'm making a point of beating all the sidequests if I can.

I'm going to Pharos now, am level 68 ish and have done a large number of hunts as well as some clan hunts like Gilgamesh etc..

I have lots to do still however. 82 hours logged so far

Dragonsoul
11-20-2007, 07:18 AM
Great stuff!!

Today I bought a new Nintendo DS Lite/White and the Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings strategy guide. Tomorrow I will get FF XII: RW when it arrives at the store.

I haven't used this Nintendo DS because I also got cable television today and I am busy setting that up and doing some homework but I'll use it within the hour, read the manual and stuff.

Tomorrow is great! I'm getting FF XII: RW! :)

remnant1
11-24-2007, 02:48 PM
yea,we get it,your geting revenant wings weeeeeeeeeeeeeee*does the finger twirl* lol.but that site you linked is pretty great,thats some fast and easy downloads(now i have something to listen to on my 360!!!!)

Dragonsoul
11-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Yea, I was able to browse the listing, pm me for more info.

Anyways, I'm real excited about FF XII: RW, at first I had slight concerns about the controls/battle system but I'm used to the play style now and I love it! It's a worthy successor to FF XII and I want a sequel!!

It's too bad that the FF XII team is probably disbanded. Yasumi Matsuno is working with Nintendo on a new Wii rpg with help from some members of Monolith Soft(Xenosaga 1-3). The other 6 members of the team, some we know what they are doing but some we don't yet, so maybe they are working with Yasumi or did they stay with Square Enix I wonder.

remnant1
11-24-2007, 09:40 PM
you beat revenant wings that fast?

Roto13
11-24-2007, 10:31 PM
What are the odds that Dragonsoul, who took 275 hours to finish FF XII, finished RW in a couple of days? xD

Dragonsoul
11-25-2007, 07:12 AM
I'm not done with FF XII: RW. I got it on Tuesday the day it came out. I'm 10 hours into it. Since I'm beating it to 100% completion it will take 40 hours maybe to beat. The game is great! :)

ff is da best
11-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Damn it took that long for the auto levelling im amazed you actually had that much of patience in you ....
hey Dragonsoul is reveant wings any good?

Dragonsoul
11-26-2007, 06:01 PM
It's 117 hours but I only put 3 hours of work into it.

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings is great! There are some issues with the controls and battle system but I don't think they are too huge for me personally. Rpgamer released their review yesterday
RPGamer > Staff Review > Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12rw/reviews/ff12rwstrev1.html)

The review talks about some flaws in the controls and battle system but says that overall the game is great even with those issues. I am really happy with this game! :)

ff is da best
11-27-2007, 09:59 AM
too bad i dont got a nintendo ds ....:cry:

Dragonsoul
11-27-2007, 06:33 PM
A new Nintendo DS Lite is $129.99 but you can get a used one for cheaper or you can buy a new or used original Nintendo DS. Also, you can look for cheap prices on Ebay or Amazon.

ff is da best
11-28-2007, 11:29 AM
you know now that you say it ....
i kinda feel like getting 1 .
hey what cool games are on it by the way

Dragonsoul
11-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Ok I'll list the top Nintendo DS rpg's that I recommend

Final Fantasy III
Front Mission
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
...upcoming Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Roto13
11-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, Zelda, Meteos, Kirby Canvas Curse, Sonic Rush 1 and 2, Elite Beat Agents, Mario and Luigi, New Super Mario Bros., etc....

But yeah, how 'bout that Final Fantasy XII? Thems good stuff.

remnant1
11-28-2007, 08:00 PM
this is off topic,but i need to ask you something dragonsoul,how was eternal sonata?i havent gotten the game,but ive seen it in a magazine(game informer)and it looks really good,and i really want to get it.whats the price you paid for the game?

Bolivar
11-29-2007, 12:55 AM
congrats man, enjoy RW. I picked up my reserve copy but I had to send my ds lite back in for another repair :(

Dragonsoul
11-29-2007, 01:41 AM
this is off topic,but i need to ask you something dragonsoul,how was eternal sonata?i havent gotten the game,but ive seen it in a magazine(game informer)and it looks really good,and i really want to get it.whats the price you paid for the game?

Eternal Sonata was great! I give it 8/10! FF XII is 9/10 by the way and FF XII: RW is on track for 9/10 also so far. I highly recommend this game. Look for my thread(s) on the topic and I think I may have given it a full review after beating the game.

Bolivar, hurry up and get your DS back. FF XII: RW is great!

ff is da best
11-29-2007, 09:21 AM
i guess it was me who changed the subject whooops..:D

Nifleheim7
11-30-2007, 02:28 AM
Congrats,glad you enjoyed it!
I'm also getting RW (around christmas probably).

Roto13
11-30-2007, 06:21 AM
I hate Revenant Wings. :P I'm trying to find someone to trade me something for my copy.

Dragonsoul
11-30-2007, 08:37 AM

Why not get it now? I'm pretty excited about this game. I think it has the third or fourth highest first week sales of any rpg this fall after Zelda, Mass Effect, and possibly Two Worlds(Xbox 360). How did Two Worlds sell so much?! Video Game Chartz - Nintendo - Sony - Microsoft - The Most Comprehensive Videogame Charts in the World (http://www.vgchartz.com) just look at the stats for yourself.

By the way, check out the Mass Effect review on RPGamer - "People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame." (http://www.rpgamer.com), it's interesting.

I need to finish up a bunch of hunts and melee battles. After you beat a chapter there are a lot that open up usually. I'm at the start of Chapter 8.

Roto13
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM

Why not get it now? I'm pretty excited about this game. I think it has the third or fourth highest first week sales of any rpg this fall after Zelda, Mass Effect, and possibly Two Worlds(Xbox 360). How did Two Worlds sell so much?! Video Game Chartz - Nintendo - Sony - Microsoft - The Most Comprehensive Videogame Charts in the World (http://www.vgchartz.com) just look at the stats for yourself.

By the way, check out the Mass Effect review on RPGamer - "People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame." (http://www.rpgamer.com), it's interesting.

I need to finish up a bunch of hunts and melee battles. After you beat a chapter there are a lot that open up usually. I'm at the start of Chapter 8.

Well, Zelda isn't an RPG, so I guess that would make RW number 3. :P

Nifleheim7
12-01-2007, 01:22 AM

Why not get it now?

Not enough money and time right now (mostly the later) :/

Dragonsoul
12-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Yea I'm very low on money and time but I ended up getting FF XII: RW since it's a high priority for me. Something less important, such as Mass Effect, I don't get. I'm hoping that I get Alundra 1 for Christmas, that'll be great! :)