PDA

View Full Version : How is battle money calculated in FF2j?

gothic_fantasy
11-19-2007, 11:26 AM
I was playing the translated rom of FF2j and was just wondering how your battle money is calculated. For example, early in the game you can encounter 2 goblins and get 6 gil the first time and then something like 40 gil the next time. I was thinking it was probably influenced by how quickly you finish the battle and how many times you miss, but I haven't yet tested that theory. I did find that with improved weapon skill and magic usage I defeated enemies quicker and seemed to get more gil as a result. Any thoughts on this? Or is it entirely random?

Realm25
11-19-2007, 01:38 PM
The only thing I've really noticed is the fact that you get more gil depending on how many enemies are on screen, like, you'll get more gil if you fight two goblins, rather than just one. Also, enemy level counts a lot too. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Captain Maxx Power
11-19-2007, 07:48 PM
For each monster type there is a set range of possible Gil they can drop. Of course it varies from monster to monster, Each monster is calculated individually meaning the amount of Gil you can gain is usually quite random.

Evastio
12-19-2007, 12:21 AM
For each monster type there is a set range of possible Gil they can drop. Of course it varies from monster to monster, Each monster is calculated individually meaning the amount of Gil you can gain is usually quite random.
That basically sums it up.

Also, at times you won't gain any money at all. That'll only be when you win an item after the battle though.

rubah
12-19-2007, 07:35 PM
or if all the monsters run away ;D