PDA

View Full Version : Some questions (possible spoilers)

gothic_fantasy
11-19-2007, 11:32 AM
I recently started a new FFX game and some things I still don't get..:confused:

1.) What was Auron doing on the bridge in Zanarkand, reaching out to Sin? It seems like he was almost calling him. I always wondered how Sin got into Dream Zanarkand.
2.) Why is Sin a sphere of water when he is attacking Zanarkand? And then he becomes like a huge sucking thing, way bigger than normal. You don't see this when he is attacking areas in Spira.
and
3.) This is near the end of the game. When fighting Sin you see what looks like ruins of a city on its body...what is that?
The plot of FFX has always confused me :mad:

Captain Maxx Power
11-19-2007, 11:25 PM

1.) What was Auron doing on the bridge in Zanarkand, reaching out to Sin? It seems like he was almost calling him. I always wondered how Sin got into Dream Zanarkand.

It's made obvious throughout the game that Auron knows Sin is Jecht, and in some way Jecht can communicate with Auron See; "Are you sure?" in the opening cinematic. As for the latter part Sin is part of the construct that houses Yu Yevon, which in turn summons Dream Zanarkand, so Sin being able to reach it is no big deal.

2.) Why is Sin a sphere of water when he is attacking Zanarkand? And then he becomes like a huge sucking thing, way bigger than normal. You don't see this when he is attacking areas in Spira.

I believe this was purely for aesthetic purposes. The idea was you knew something is attacking but you're not sure what. You don't really get a good look at Sin until the Mi'hen Operation. It all adds to the mystery that is Sin

and
3.) This is near the end of the game. When fighting Sin you see what looks like ruins of a city on its body...what is that?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Sin is a construct of pyreflies much like the Aeons/unsent/fiends, so his appearance can be twisted and manipulated to the whims of it's creator; in this case Yu Yevon. If there is indeed a building on his back I for one haven't seen it.

Tavrobel
11-20-2007, 12:30 AM
and

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Sin is a construct of pyreflies much like the Aeons/unsent/fiends, so his appearance can be twisted and manipulated to the whims of it's creator; in this case Yu Yevon. If there is indeed a building on his back I for one haven't seen it.

It's most likely to represent the fallen Zanarkand. As far as a practical purpose, there is the City and the Tower of the Dead inside of Sin. Sin in this case is like a giant floating Farplane for the Fiendish unsent.

silent_ultima
11-23-2007, 01:02 AM
this might sounds stupid but...

does Tidus and Auron knew each other? I mean early in the game TIdus called out Auron, as if he knew the warrior but later on after Luca Tidus asked Auron if he knew Jecht, so Tidus doesn't know that Auron is actually Jecht's friend?

jeo2388
11-23-2007, 04:13 PM

It's made obvious throughout the game that Auron knows Sin is Jecht, and in some way Jecht can communicate with Auron See; "Are you sure?" in the opening cinematic. As for the latter part Sin is part of the construct that houses Yu Yevon, which in turn summons Dream Zanarkand, so Sin being able to reach it is no big deal.

he was simply proposing a toast, saying, "alright, its time for another adventure,lets take him, here's to you my old friend"

this might sounds stupid but...

does Tidus and Auron knew each other? I mean early in the game TIdus called out Auron, as if he knew the warrior but later on after Luca Tidus asked Auron if he knew Jecht, so Tidus doesn't know that Auron is actually Jecht's friend?
when auron died, he was able to travel in the zanarkand where tidus lived, that was 10 years before tidus was transported to spira. he was simply looking out for him, fulfilling the promise that he made to his friend. tidus and auron knew each other for a long time, but back when he was a kid, auron didnt talk about tidus' father.