PDA

View Full Version : How Can I connet my PSP to my PC with Windows Vista and it work?

Spawn of Sephiroth
11-19-2007, 07:58 PM
I am really frustrated. I have looked everywhere and I can't find anything that will help me get my damn PSP to work when I connnect it to my PC with Windows Vista. I need to know what the hell to do cause I am about to smash this damn thing!

Baloki
11-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Will need more details, for what do you want to hook it up for, what region are you in, etc?

PSP, PlayStation Portable Downloads (http://uk.playstation.com/psp/downloads/) maybe?

Spawn of Sephiroth
11-22-2007, 03:17 AM
Well, I live in Tennessee. But I mean connect it to my computer via USB cable to put music and pictures on it. I use my moms PC, but she has Windows XP, but my PC has Vista and it won't work.

Serapy
11-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Do you see the PSP's or something related icon on the screen of your My Computer window?

If you can't see it, then it means that your USB is not compatible with PSP's connection, assuming you have your own PC. I think the solution would be getting an USB adapter. Or try downloading the latest USB drivers.

But if you can see the PSP icon in your My Computer. Go through into that icon, mess around with the settings in both of your computer and PSP. Sorry, couldn't help anymore because I don't own any PSP. Good luck.

Baloki
11-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Do you see the PSP's or something related icon on the screen of your My Computer window?

If you can't see it, then it means that your USB is not compatible with PSP's connection, assuming you have your own PC. I think the solution would be getting an USB adapter. Or try downloading the latest USB drivers.

But if you can see the PSP icon in your My Computer. Go through into that icon, mess around with the settings in both of your computer and PSP. Sorry, couldn't help anymore because I don't own any PSP. Good luck.

I'm sorry I must say this is bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:, the version of USB on your computer will not matter, all you need is the correct drivers for your PSP. It may be an error with the drivers for mass storage devices at worst.

If you can, open the device manager (To access Device Manager, go to Start start menu | Control Panel | System and Maintenance | System | Device Manager (Device Manager is located under "Tasks" in the left hand column of the "System" menu). A list of hardware will display.) and post a screenshot if possible, else just list us any thing that has a red or yellow icon next to it's name in that list :)

o_O
11-22-2007, 10:45 PM
On XP, my PSP just connected up automatically, but I had to manually do it on Vista. I turn it on without a UMD in so that it boots to the X-bar (or whatever it's called). Then go to Settings > USB Connection and press X. That installed the device drivers and connected it just fine. Note that every time I want to connect it up I have to put it into USB Connection mode and it only stays connected while in that mode.

Serapy
11-24-2007, 12:28 AM

I'm sorry I must say this is bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:, the version of USB on your computer will not matter, all you need is the correct drivers for your PSP. It may be an error with the drivers for mass storage devices at worst.

If you can, open the device manager (To access Device Manager, go to Start start menu | Control Panel | System and Maintenance | System | Device Manager (Device Manager is located under "Tasks" in the left hand column of the "System" menu). A list of hardware will display.) and post a screenshot if possible, else just list us any thing that has a red or yellow icon next to it's name in that list :)

Uh, excuse me? Downloading the USB drivers did fix my problem a while ago. I've added 6 USB slots into my PC, and my OS automatically detected them but whenever I insert any USB cable into one of these USB slots on my PC, my OS became frozen. So I downloaded the USB drivers off the Microsoft KB site and now it's all sorted out. So I thought downloading the USB drivers might help fixing his problem.

o_O
11-24-2007, 04:34 AM
I think what Baloki was saying was that it won't make a difference whether or not you have USB1 or USB2 (which is true). He actually suggested checking the mass storage driver.

Serapy
11-24-2007, 04:13 PM
I think what Baloki was saying was that it won't make a difference whether or not you have USB1 or USB2 (which is true). He actually suggested checking the mass storage driver.

If you didn't try it (at least try it), you can't say if it won't make a difference. If you tried and it doesn't work, it doesn't work and if you tried and it works, it works. A simple difference. Sometimes, installing obscure drivers can fix problems. And he didn't say anything about USB1 or USB2.

It's worth a try...

o_O
11-24-2007, 10:41 PM
If you didn't try it (at least try it), you can't say if it won't make a difference. If you tried and it doesn't work, it doesn't work and if you tried and it works, it works. A simple difference. Sometimes, installing obscure drivers can fix problems. And he didn't say anything about USB1 or USB2.

It's worth a try...

The version of USB has nothing to do with drivers. To upgrade to USB2.0 you need to buy new hardware. Additionally, the PSP operates perfectly well under USB1.0 and USB1.1. Baloki suggested that he check the mass storage driver, which is the same thing you suggested the next post. Updating your USB drivers is not the same as updating the USB version. :p