PDA

View Full Version : Line dancing!

BardTard
11-20-2007, 05:36 AM
I don't really like it, because when I dance I do it because the music moves me and it's a form of expression. I know that sounds cheesy, but I don't like doing what someone else tells me to do, and that's what line dancing is.

I went out with my friends the other night and as soon as we got there, they played the cha cha slide, which I would like if they didn't tell you what to do, because it is pretty danceable music.

All the techno and dance music were line dances, and all the rap (they played Ay Bay Bay, I hate that song) were regular dancing, and I couldn't dance to it. We left after an hour straight of line dancing, and one girl I knew did them ALL. I'd go again though because I saw some friends from high school, and I graduated so I don't see them every day.

So what do you think about line dancing? If you like it, what's so fun about it?

Denmark
11-20-2007, 05:44 AM
I have never line danced, and I don't plan on doing so. It's dancing and thus not my thing.

Rengori
11-20-2007, 06:18 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about cocaine. Dr. Rockzo would be sad if he were here.

Araciel
11-20-2007, 06:21 AM
I'm neutral t'ward it.

rubah
11-20-2007, 07:20 AM
it would be more fun if I could figure out how to do it without having to be drug around with two old pros on either side of me xD

JerseyMage
11-20-2007, 07:25 AM
So something like the Macarena would be line dancing but not the basic club two-step kind of thing right? Well, then I agree because stuff like the Macarena I wouldn't want to do, but you need to follow others sometimes or you might have a hard time dancing with someone else if your not a natural freestyler.

Tasura
11-20-2007, 10:02 AM
My grade 10 gym class had a dance section, so for 2 weeks all we did was line dance. Thus, I view it in low regard.

theundeadhero
11-20-2007, 11:08 AM
I hate line dancing! However, I have no problem getting drunk and regular "dancing".

Breine
11-20-2007, 12:29 PM
I have never tried line dancing, but I know that some of my friends used to. I used to folk dance as a kid if that counts? - I even got to perform on a big stage in Legoland :cool:

Jess
11-20-2007, 05:07 PM
I've never line danced but I used to do other sorts of dancing when I was younger. I like dancing it's fun. :jess: