PDA

View Full Version : Controller problem

Yeargdribble
11-21-2007, 07:23 AM
So I bought two Pelican G3 Wireless GC controllers (PL-7055) recently. The packaging says they are Wii functional. At first the controllers seemed to be working fine, but now there's a problem.

It's most noticeable when there's a cursor on the screen (like in SSBM). If I press lightly to the right the cursor will start moving to the left. Only if I press hard right does the cursor actually go right. Also, if I push lightly to the left the cursor zips left... so there's no real control.

I've tried all of the standard things. I obviously restart my system without touching the analog sticks so the problem isn't them being set in one mode. Actually if I don't touch the sticks they don't go anywhere.

I've also tried using only one at a time (thinking the signals were crossing or something), but I get the same problem with either of them individually.

I'm surprised because everyone seems to love these controllers and has no trouble with them. It would be odd for me to end up with two faulty ones with the same problem so I assume there's a solution on my end. Pelican has told me I can send them in for free replacements, but I'd rather not do this if something else is causing the problem.

Psychokitty
01-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Its the wires in the controler, there loose or something or maybe it has a broken cable somewhere inside it? I sugest that you take the company's offer, and get them replaced for free.

Flying Mullet
01-02-2008, 08:12 PM
I sugest that you take the company's offer, and get them replaced for free.

This is what I would do too. I bought a steering wheel to play GT4 with a couple of years ago, and the game didn't get any response from the steering wheel. I sent the manufacturer and email about the problem and they told me to send it in and they would replace it for free. I sent it in and they sent me a replacement via 2-day FedEx and this steering wheel worked right out of the box.

Every now and then we're unfortunate enough to get bad equipment. :(

Odaisé Gaelach
01-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Get them replaced anyway, just to make sure that it's not the controllers that's causing the problem. :)

KentaRawr!
01-18-2008, 12:04 AM
It definitely sounds like an analog stick problem. It's sending the wrong data when you do certain things, and that's a bad thing. I'd say get it replaced, no doubt.