PDA

View Full Version : Pizza

Rye
11-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Let's talk about pizza. I could easily say that pizza is the one kind of food that I could easily live off of for the rest of my life. I would eat it all the time if I was one of those lucky people who have a fantastic metabolism. So delicious.

The only kind of pizza I like is NY-style pizza. I like it plain, preferably with extra cheese. It's the best kind of pizza in the world, especially if you get it in NYC. :kaoyatta:

http://www.allusiveimage.com/foodieblog/popspizza2.jpg

I hate Sicilian/deep dish pizza. It's bad. :kaosick:

What is your favorite kind of pizza?

Madame Adequate
11-21-2007, 10:17 PM
I like most kinds of pizza. However, deep pan is clearly superior, because with deep pan you actually get some pizza to eat, instead of a slice of pizza-flavored air. :count:

Psychotic
11-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Hawaiian pizzas are pretty damned bitchin'.

leader of mortals
11-21-2007, 10:20 PM
PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love pizza!!!

Strider
New York style pizza sucks.

I consider myself to be a pizzaologist, seeing as I've had pizza all over the world, and the honest-to-God best pizza EVER is at Uno's and Due's in Chicago. Sweet merciful Jesus. Mmmmm.

Rye
I like most kinds of pizza. However, deep pan is clearly superior, because with deep pan you actually get some pizza to eat, instead of a slice of pizza-flavored air. :count:

It's over.

New York style pizza sucks.

It's over before it ever started.

oddler
11-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Oh yes. Deep dish is the best. I enjoy pretty much all toppings besides onions. I can't say I don't like anchovies because I've never tried them.

If it's any consolation, Rye, I always eat it Brooklyn style no matter how short and stumpy the slice is! :p

Miriel
11-21-2007, 10:37 PM
I hate deep dish. I think it makes the pizza too soggy. I love it thin and with a bite and a crisp to it.

Del Murder and I found an amazing place in Hollywood that has the most delicious, amazingly flavorful New York style pizza. Favorite combination from there includes homemade meatballs, fresh tomatoes, and basil. Omg, so yum.

~*~Celes~*~
11-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Either chicken 'n ranch pizza, bbq chicken pizza, or taco pizza....or extra cheese :D

Marshall Banana
11-21-2007, 10:42 PM
I want more stuffed-crust pizza, but I would eat only the stuffed crust, if I had some.

Rye
11-21-2007, 10:46 PM
I hate deep dish. I think it makes the pizza too soggy. I love it thin and with a bite and a crisp to it.

Thank you. Finally, someone understands. xD

Araciel
11-21-2007, 10:50 PM
I prefer good ol' thin crispy crust. The edge from pizza hut almost captures the essence of my perfect pizza, but they never cook it long enough.

Also, hawaiian is disgusting, as pineapples are so sweet they belong nowhere near a pizza.

best toppings: extra cheese, sausage, bacon and mushroom. Also, garlic butter crust, if there must be crust.

Madame Adequate
11-21-2007, 11:05 PM

Thank you. Finally, someone understands. xD

She just described exactly what is great about deep dish and awful about thin. Pizza shouldn't have any kind of crisp or crunch to it. :(

Edit: Hawaiian is the best pizza ever.

Jojee
11-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Papa John's spinach chicken alfredo :drool:

I love pizza, but it's pretty bad for you. ^_^ I made the unfortunate mistake of stumbling upon some pizza nutrition facts the other day and was like ack o_o

Levian
11-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Hawaiian pizzas are pretty damned bitchin'.

Yes! I even had one today mmyes.

Jess
11-21-2007, 11:21 PM
I like both types of pizza - deep pan and thin. I like just normal cheese and tomato orrrrrrr bbq chicken with peppers and yum. :jess:

smittenkitten
11-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Chicken and Pineapple Pizza. :heart:

Captain Maxx Power
11-21-2007, 11:26 PM
I like my Pizza with Chicken, Bacon, Sausage and moar meat plz kthnx.

Jess
11-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Pineapple? On a pizza!? :barf:

Marshall Banana
11-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Pineapple makes pizza perfect. I was surprised by it, too. =O

Madame Adequate
11-21-2007, 11:37 PM

Yes? It's glorious beyond measure.

Araciel
11-21-2007, 11:40 PM
It's way too sweet to be on a pizza.

Rye
11-21-2007, 11:41 PM
I will never try pineapple on pizza. D:

ScottNUMBERS
11-21-2007, 11:41 PM
smurftons of Tabasco = perfect Pizza.

I never eat pizza any less than 4 times a week.

Shiny
11-21-2007, 11:44 PM
I want some stuffed crust, baby, this evening! I want some stuffed crust, baby, tonight! Gotta have some stuffed crust! Pizza with fried peppers on it is pretty good too.

Lynx
11-22-2007, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=Rye;2357904][SIZE="1"]

The only kind of pizza I like is NY-style pizza. I like it plain, preferably with extra cheese. It's the best kind of pizza in the world, especially if you get it in NYC. :kaoyatta:

[QUOTE]
I agree.

all the best food comes from NY and ive always thought this about there pizza as well. everyplace i go eat at outside the state i compare it to Ny styled food and so far NY wins.

Jess
11-22-2007, 12:09 AM

Yes? It's glorious beyond measure.
It's wrong. :mad2:

oddler
11-22-2007, 12:18 AM
I heard pineapples were the rage on a pizza so I tried it. Pretty darn disgusting, if you ask me.

And MILF's got the right idea as far as texture. Mmm soft...

Madame Adequate
11-22-2007, 12:59 AM
One of the few objective facts about the universe is that pineapple on pizza = fucking good.

Jessweeee♪
11-22-2007, 03:18 AM
I DUN LIKE MUSHROOMS ON MY PIZZA :nonono:

...and pineapple's kewl as long as there's no HAM. EW. I don't like any meat on my pizza. Or olives. or MUSHROOMS EEWEWEWEWEW.

Yuffie514
11-22-2007, 04:47 AM
I don't have harsh judgments on foods, so I like most of what I eat. I did not like the taste of the pizza from Pizza Hut's Pizza Mia 555 deal however.

Avarice-ness
11-22-2007, 04:51 AM
I tried to make a good pizza in the oven, but I burnt it and it was very sad.

I only like pepperoni and Sausage on my pizza. I also love more cheese than sauce.

qwertysaur
11-22-2007, 05:17 AM
New York style or thin crust is the only way to eat pizza. I like to put my topping under the cheese, it tastes so good. Just no anchovies, those are little fish of pure evil.

theundeadhero
11-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Pineapple is only good on pizza if you also get jalepenos, so the juices mix together and soak into the crust.

Deep dish pizza isn't good because it layers too many toppings on top of each other to really get the flavorfull effect.

Pizza Hut's Big New Yorker pizza is a ripoff, you get less toppings than if you ordered a large.

Madame Adequate
11-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I never before knew how many people were demented. :(

Loony BoB
11-22-2007, 11:41 AM
I actually like a variety. Some deep dish, some crispy, some with lots of meat of every kind, some with chillis, some with just ham and pineapple, the odd plain pizza... so long as there are no mushrooms, little to no onion, no olives and no seafood then I generally don't mind what else is on it.

No matter what kind of pizza you prefer, if it's made poorly and you compare it to a well made pizza of your least preferred kind, you'll probably prefer the latter. A good example is Miriel complaining of soggy pizza base - a good deep dish pizza should not have a soggy base. That's terrible! I've not had a soggy pizza in years on years. I'd never go back to a place that sold soggy pizza. Ugh.

KentaRawr!
11-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Tossed Pine-Apple Pizza is teh awesomezorz, but alas, I've only eaten things like Pizza Hut and Dominoes. I know not the true art of Pizza.

I had this one thing, though, that was like a Pizza, but it was formed in the shape of a traditional pie. It was like, Chicken Pot Pie, but the crust was Pizza Crust, and the innards were pizza toppings. o_O

Breine
11-22-2007, 12:55 PM
I like almost every kind of pizza out there. Even the deep pan ones. If it wasn't bad for you I'd probably eat it much more than I tend to do.

Mirage
11-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Pizza is delicious. I like beef and pineapple and lots of other stuff on it. Not chicken though. Nor seafood.

Strider
11-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Canadian bacon, pineapple, chicken, jalapenos on a garlic cream sauce laced with BBQ sauce across the top... we make such a pizza where I work, and it is divine.

Kossage
11-22-2007, 10:18 PM
I prefer my pizza with tuna and ham, although lately I've got more used to including pineapple and shrimps with it as well. :D

Rengori
11-22-2007, 10:56 PM
NY-Style Pizza is so much win it's scary.

cloud21zidane16
11-22-2007, 11:09 PM
I like Pizza with all kinds of food on it:)

Zeldy
11-22-2007, 11:19 PM
I like pizza, but I couldnt eat it everyday. It gets so sickly after awhile, yuck. I love triple cheese deep pan pizzas. Last time I had pizza was like 2 weeks ago in Pizza hut, I couldnt eat it all!

Rengori
11-23-2007, 02:11 AM
I like pizza, but I couldnt eat it everyday. It gets so sickly after awhile, yuck. I love triple cheese deep pan pizzas. Last time I had pizza was like 2 weeks ago in Pizza hut, I couldnt eat it all!

Well Pizza Hut isn't even food so I don't think that counts.

Lawr
11-23-2007, 02:14 AM

EDIT
Oh yeah.

Pineapples + Chicken OWN on pizza.