PDA

View Full Version : Virtua Fighter 5...

Lawr
11-22-2007, 03:42 AM
One of the best fighting games (http://youtube.com/watch?v=P-8d-EK1Dqw&feature=related)? Are you serious!?

NeoCracker
11-22-2007, 03:56 AM
That game should die.

It feels so damn slow when you are actually playing it.

Slothy
11-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Are we serious? Well, yes, of course. VF in general is perhaps the deepest and most skillful fighting series in history. VF5 improved greatly on VF4 and even managed to make it more accessible to beginners, by making some of the characters easier to learn ad use. It isn't my favourite fighting game of all time, but running a close second isn't really a bad thing.

Lawr
11-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Well it better be extremely deep like abyssal deep because it looks exaclty the same as the other ones.

KentaRawr!
11-22-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm sure it would be way more fun if I had the patience to learn it. It's not nearly as accessible as other fighting games, but it is the most deep. But it is at least the single fighting game in which I am absolutely positive that button mashing will NOT work at all.

JKTrix
11-22-2007, 01:24 PM
I can't watch the YouTube video, but I definitely agree with VF being the best. A lot of people don't like it because it can be pretty difficult to get into it, and I can deal with that. VF5 doesn't do very much to actually teach you the game, but what got me to adore the series was the Training mode in VF4 Evolution. It seriously has the best training mode in any fighting game, and when I was going through it I was like 'holy crap, I can do that? No way I would have figured that out during normal play'. VF5's training mode is *bare bones*, all it does is teach you the characters' move lists. My hope for VF5 Evolution is to have an awesome full blown Training mode like VF4Evo.

VF5 has a few characters that fit better with a 'button masher' style, mostly the newcomer Eileen and mainstays Jacky and Pai. I don't know about the game being 'Slow', though maybe you're recalling VF4. Which came out in 2001.

Dreddz
11-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Virtua Fighter 5 is indeed one of the best fighting games ever made. I also agree that it is the hardest fighter to get into, I didnt even really like the first three to be honest. It was only until the fourth game came along that I started to really get into it. Virtua Fighter 5 tweaked the gameplay to the point of near perfection.

This thread reminds me that I better trade in my copy of VF5 for the PS3 and get the 360 version.