PDA

View Full Version : Never Block On A Forum Except... (Or I Wasn't Out Of Line, Was I?)

The Ceej
11-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Yesterday, I got this PM from Award Guy:

You've been a regular poster over the past months, any chance of some nominations? *optimism*

~AG
(Smilie removed from quote for obvious reasons.)

At first I was like, "What?" After a second PM from this Award Guy, I realized this is one of those skullzy award things like you see on network television when they have nothing better to show.

Now, I never block anyone on a forum. Even if they piss me off. Because I want to know where replies came from and if I don't see the original post, there's a gap in the conversation. However, I blocked Award Guy. I kind of figured the only thread he was going to be in was the award thing thread - a thread in which I won't be anyway - so this was just preventing me from receiving more annoying PM's from the guy.

So, I guess I should come up with a topic to make this a valid thread.

Have you ever blocked anyone on this forum? Any important people? Any of those seasonal people like the Candle Jack or Award Guy? Has blocking these people ever caused any unexpected problems for you on the forum? I'm sure there are more relevant questions that I'm overlooking, so answer those as well.

Happy Thanksgiving. (Now If I Only Didn't Have To Work Today.)

Madame Adequate
11-22-2007, 06:00 PM
One day I am going to block absolutely everyone except me, and then it will be like having a forum all of my own!

Rye
11-22-2007, 06:03 PM
One day I am going to block absolutely everyone except me, and then it will be like having a forum all of my own!

:kaocry2:

Chimp
11-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Aww why are you so cruel to Award Guy? You are a terrible person, and I nominate you as meanest member.

:sweatdrop

The Ceej
11-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Good luck, Chimp, getting me to collect any award you may rig the contest for me to win. Will I be behind the old timey New York news kiosk? Or will I be in the closet?

Well, not the closet, but you won't find me.

Jessweeee♪
11-22-2007, 06:22 PM
YOU SHOULD NOMINATE :nonono:

Heath
11-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I nominated. I may have even nominated you for something. Well, I won't be doing that again! As for blocking people, I've never bothered with it.

NeoTifa
11-22-2007, 06:50 PM
i am not capable :P, but i would fancy blocking an admin, you know, just for fun :P
oh the chaos and anarchy :love:

Heath
11-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Actually, I tell a lie. I did try to block myself once to see what would happen.

Bunny
11-22-2007, 07:38 PM
I do not block people. I make fun of them until they decide that I am not worth their time. It is more enjoyable.

DK
11-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I thought 30 year old men had better things to do with their time than block second accounts on internet forums. I guess I was wrong.

I have never blocked and never will block anyone on a forum. Just skim. :monster:

The Ceej
11-22-2007, 08:11 PM
First of all, DK, I'm not 30. I'm years away from 30.

Second, it didn't take any time at all to block this second account, but it could have potentially taken many minutes more of it had I not blocked him. Between the opening the PM and clicking delete every time he bothered me about this crap about which I don't care.

demondude
11-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Award guy is special you can't block him.

Roto13
11-22-2007, 08:21 PM
I once blocked Award Guy and made a big deal about it, but it just made me seem whiny to the rest of the forum. :(

Jessweeee♪
11-22-2007, 08:26 PM
We should all send Ceejy annoying PMs until he's blocked everyone but himself o.o

I Don't Need A Name
11-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Good luck, Chimp, getting me to collect any award you may rig the contest for me to win. Will I be behind the old timey New York news kiosk? Or will I be in the closet?

Well, not the closet, but you won't find me.

how lonely...and you dont collect it, you just get it :rolleyes2

The Ceej
11-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Then I'll melt it down and make a dragon statue out of it.

Roto13
11-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Does that mean you'll, like, melt your computer?

demondude
11-22-2007, 08:59 PM
The ceej melting his computer is a good thing.

Jess
11-22-2007, 09:01 PM
How could you do that to Award Guy? This relevation makes me sad. ;___;

The Ceej
11-22-2007, 09:12 PM

What that actually means, Roto, is that, regardless of what happens in these "Ciddies," it won't exist to me. The Ciddies are to this forum as Terminator 3 is to the Terminator series. Yes, I realize there is no physical statue to melt down, but you don't seem to get the jocular line of thought I was presenting.

It's not like I'm going to know the results anyway. I'm not following it.

demondude
11-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Stop sulking your making me sad. :(

Psychotic
11-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Let's all add The Ceej to our ignore lists until he agrees to remove Award Guy from his. Ready...go! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=28762)

Old Manus
11-22-2007, 10:13 PM
ITT reverse psychology makes us nominate the Ceej.

I see through your petty tricks.

Jessweeee♪
11-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Let's all add The Ceej to our ignore lists until he agrees to remove Award Guy from his. Ready...go! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=28762)

...but then we can't send him annoying PMs!

meh...I was too lazy to do that anyway :p

Roto13
11-22-2007, 10:15 PM

What that actually means, Roto, is that, regardless of what happens in these "Ciddies," it won't exist to me. The Ciddies are to this forum as Terminator 3 is to the Terminator series. Yes, I realize there is no physical statue to melt down, but you don't seem to get the jocular line of thought I was presenting.

*dies of Alanis Morisette brand irony*

Avarice-ness
11-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Nah, I don't block people. Hell, I'm not even good at adding people to my buddylist, I never really see the point to it. :razz:

Jessweeee♪
11-22-2007, 10:44 PM
They get a neat-o plus sign by their names!

Avarice-ness
11-22-2007, 10:50 PM

xDDD. Well then I'll have to reward my bestest friends ever with a way cool plus sign. Berts the only person who's actually on my 'buddy' list I think, but that's 'cause I added him when I first came here.

cloud21zidane16
11-22-2007, 11:20 PM
I never block people, i dont see the point, i think ive got a few people on my buddy list though:)

Jessweeee♪
11-22-2007, 11:22 PM
AG should have super powers so Ceejy can't ignore him!

Captain Maxx Power
11-23-2007, 12:26 AM
However, I blocked Award Guy.

It's at this point that you failed.

Lawr
11-23-2007, 12:33 AM

*dies of Alanis Morisette brand irony*

I feel your pain Roto13.

NeoCracker
11-23-2007, 12:36 AM
You may not have the energy to send him annoying PM's about Nominating. I, however, am not.

escobert
11-23-2007, 02:48 AM

xDDD. Well then I'll have to reward my bestest friends ever with a way cool plus sign. Berts the only person who's actually on my 'buddy' list I think, but that's 'cause I added him when I first came here.

<3 you're one of the few on mine xD

The Ceej
11-23-2007, 03:14 AM
Those that send me annoying spam PM's from this point forward will not receive the courtesy of a warning and will be immediately reported to an admin for spamming.

I said it earlier. I don't block people. I said why. I blocked what is, as far as I'm concerned, a spambot. It runs a spam forum and sent me spam PM's. It has no redeeming value. I can't say the same for the rest of you. Even those of you being real asses right now have redeeming value.

Cookie
11-23-2007, 03:16 AM
Not a bot. Provides something fun for members. You seem to be just being a jerk about it. You don't need to block him, or make a thread about it really, but oh well.

41-Inches-Wide
11-23-2007, 03:40 AM
You blocked BoB! :(

The Ceej
11-23-2007, 03:58 AM
First of all, I didn't block BoB. I blocked his spam account known as Award Guy. Now, I was a real ass about it and it surely didn't warrant a thread. I had just never blocked anyone on a forum for the reasons I pointed out and...well smurf. There is no excuse for this crap.

I've always hated the Oscars, Emmies, Grammies, Kid's Choice, etc. for reasons I can't articulate right now because I don't get to sleep tonight and I'm pretty tired. This whole Ciddies thing seemed like the same thing, only I don't get to elect not to participate, and so it's worse. Yes, I don't have to nominate or even visit the thread, but people can nominate me and therefore force me to participate. At least the way I understand it.

It wasn't really Award Guy I was angry with. After Award Guy, I was like, "oh well," but then Strider sent me a third PM after Award Guy's first two which really pushed me over the edge of, "I don't care enough about this to be receiving this many PM's about it" rage.

This thread has no point anymore (Did it ever?) and if a mod wants to close it, I have no problems with that. I was a dick and I'm sorry about all those skulls.

Brennan
11-23-2007, 03:59 AM
Actually, I tell a lie. I did try to block myself once to see what would happen.

Ditto

41-Inches-Wide
11-23-2007, 04:00 AM
k

Denmark
11-23-2007, 05:12 AM
You know, if you didn't want to be bugged about nominating, you could have REPLIED to Award Guy's first PM explaining your thoughts and feelings about the Ciddies, and I'm sure he would have been understanding and not bothered you any more.

The Ceej
11-23-2007, 05:37 AM
In hindsight, Denmark, that was a much better idea. I guess it's too late for that now. I'm pretty sure Award Guy knows by now, so it'd be pointless to do it at this point.

Awrini
11-23-2007, 05:57 AM
Wow I'm cruel toward BoB. But damn, EVEN I would never block AG!

Behold the Void
11-23-2007, 06:01 AM
I don't think we need a glorified "I hate the Ciddies" thread here. If you don't want to do it, fine. A lot of members do enjoy it, so let them have their fun and let's not make a big deal out of nothing, shall we?

Yamaneko
11-23-2007, 06:13 AM
You haven't been here long enough to truly hate them anyway.