PDA

View Full Version : "Hello, will you take time out of your busy schedule to score a game for me?"

ReloadPsi
11-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Simple question: If you had to get a band or composer to make a game soundtrack, specifically somebody not normally involved in either video game music or movie soundtracks, who would it be?

For a fighting game, I'd pick Avenged Sevenfold. The first time I heard one of their songs, the first words in my mind were "Guilty Gear", and every time I hear something of theirs I've not before, I think the same thing. Sure, it'd suck that Matt gets to do very little, but whatever.

For a game with a futuristic setting, I'd get Linkin Park to do it: their first two albums in particular sound like they could be video game soundtracks, especially Session on the Meteora album. Again, the singer's not gonna have much input other than composition ideas.

Tell! Now!

Slothy
11-22-2007, 09:05 PM
If I could get them, it'd be Tool. I don't even care what type of game it is. In fact, I'd make a game tailored to their soundtrack just to have it in there.

Roto13
11-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Whenever I listen to E.S. Posthumous I think about RPGs, so I guess I'd get them to compose a soundtrack for an RPG. A swords 'n sorcery kind.

Heath
11-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Probably the most cliche response possible to this thread, but I really like some of the stuff that The Black Mages have done and if they ever produced some original albums and stuff, I think they'd slot into games nicely for, say, boss battles. No idea who I'd pick for a whole OST though.

Jessweeee♪
11-23-2007, 05:44 PM
APOCALYPTICA!

Fisheye would've been a nice boss battle theme n.n

Skyblade
11-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Howard Shore. After the gorgeous work he did on Lord of the Rings, I would love to have him score some games.