PDA

View Full Version : I'm not going to cry, I'm not going to cry...

Rase
11-24-2007, 12:08 AM
So I found out about and watched this (http://animalcrossingtragedy.ytmnd.com/), and I'm not going to lie, it made me tear up a little. Has anything game related caused you to shed some tears (aside from that whole Aerith thing)?

Also, sidenote: I can't for the life of me remember where that song is from or what it's called. Can anybody help me out?

The Triumphant Hero
11-24-2007, 12:16 AM
To Zanarkand from FFX, and no, video games don't make me cry

Tallulah
11-24-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm... not... crying... :cry:

Touching story. Thanks for sharing. :) *sniff* *sob*

Captain Maxx Power
11-24-2007, 12:31 AM
The whole thing shatters spectacularly when you see some of the follow up YTMND's that have come in it's wake.

Levian
11-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Damn, that definitely gave me some chills. One of few YTMND's I've ever liked.

and yeah, I can imagine how the follow up YTMND's must be. :rolleyes:

Brennan
11-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Wow, that's sad in a happy way

Roto13
11-24-2007, 01:01 AM
The ending of Metal Gear Solid 3 makes you want to curl up into a little ball.

Markus. D
11-24-2007, 01:22 AM
When Rose sacrifices herself in LoD.

I kinda teared up a little... that moment was full of such sorrow :[...

Mr Cactuar
11-24-2007, 01:39 AM
FFX and KH endings and bits of F.E.A.R

F.E.A.R because I was so goddamn scared.

Captain Maxx Power
11-24-2007, 02:12 AM
Metal Gear Solid 3 makes you want to curl up into a little ball due to it's badness.

Fixed'ed.

Madame Adequate
11-24-2007, 02:27 AM
Yes, saddest ever :(

I cry every time Nanaki howls up at Seto's petrified form. End of FFX the first time.

NeoCracker
11-24-2007, 03:15 AM
Milf's taste in Games makes me sad, though thats beside the point.

And from Xenosaga II: The Death of Albedo in the end. was quite touching, oddly.

And from III The Death of Jin Uzuki got me good.

FF V's whole Galuf Death SceneWas the best FF Death Scene ever constructed. Though I do prefer the ones from Xenosaga.

Roto13
11-24-2007, 04:23 AM
Metal Gear Solid 3 makes you want to curl up into a little ball due to it's badness.

Fixed'ed.

The only way that ending could not touch you is if you hate your mother.

NeoCracker
11-24-2007, 04:44 AM

Fixed'ed.

Having good taste is another possibility.

Roto13
11-24-2007, 04:46 AM

Fixed'ed.

Having good taste is another possibility.

No, it's definitely the mother thing. I'll admit that the gameplay is nothing special, but MGS is one of the handful of games where the story is actually worth the time and effort.

NeoCracker
11-24-2007, 05:06 AM
MEh, I haven't even played 3, so I wouldn't know :p. The gameplay bothers me way to much.

Mr Cactuar
11-24-2007, 06:11 AM
Milf's taste in Games makes me sad, though thats beside the point.

Because obviously everyone else should like what everyone likes.

Just shutup.

Not appropriate. We don't address other members this way. Don't do it again.

~Void

LunarWeaver
11-24-2007, 06:54 AM
The ending of Metal Gear Solid 3 makes you want to curl up into a little ball.

Yeaaah. The end of this game totally got me. I was all depressed lol.

And from III The Death of Jin Uzuki got me good.

And this too! I really didn't expect them to do anything like that just...because.

FFX's scene in the spring and the ending gave me the hiccups of depression :jess:.

Spammerman
11-24-2007, 07:21 AM
When the Deku Tree died in LoZ:Ocarina of Time. I was so young, it was so confusing:(

Loony BoB
11-24-2007, 10:52 AM
No, never. I'd say the closest I got to tearing up due to something to do with a video game is when I watched that YTMND link. In other words, I felt it pretty deep, hit the heart and all, but my face/eyes? Nah, I guess I just don't have that in me anymore, and it's not just video games - crying in general is a rarity with myself.

scrumpleberry
11-24-2007, 11:03 AM
I don't cry at games. I nearly cry at videogame music sometimes, but never yet. That's such a touching story.

DK
11-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I cry every time Nanaki howls up at Seto's petrified form. End of FFX the first time.

Yeah both of these for me too, although the FFX ending was pretty ghetto, 'cause the first time I saw it I thought it was ridiculous, and then the second time my lip was quivering like a little baby girl.

MGS3 ending was pretty suave too.

escobert
11-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Yes, saddest ever :(

I cry every time Nanaki howls up at Seto's petrified form.

:crying:

KentaRawr!
11-24-2007, 01:42 PM
I've heard that there's an in-game character by the name of "Mom" whom sends you presents automatically in that game. o.o; But, still, it's a touching story, if one is to ignore that tidbit. And also, don't look at the comments of that site. They're annoying as luck.

As for crying at a video game, I've once done so. A single tear came from my eye at the ending of MGS3. 'Tis a shame, however, how it didn't relate much to the rest of the game.

Xander
11-24-2007, 05:24 PM
The ending of FFIX, oh and FFX. That's all I think..

~*~Celes~*~
11-24-2007, 05:30 PM
...That definitely made me cry =[ I'm a really big softie on things like that...

Anyway, pretty much everything between Lenne and Shuyin in X-2 made me cry...1000 Words made me get the chills.

EDIT:
I've heard that there's an in-game character by the name of "Mom" whom sends you presents automatically in that game. o.o;

'Tis true, but she always writes more in her letters than just "thought you'd like this present =]" and the fact that it was consistent in what it said, proved that it most likely was his mom =]

Roto13
11-24-2007, 05:57 PM

Yeah both of these for me too, although the FFX ending was pretty ghetto, 'cause the first time I saw it I thought it was ridiculous, and then the second time my lip was quivering like a little baby girl.

It was the third time for me. AFTER I played Final Fantasy X-2 and found out that everything eventually goes all Disney and they're happily together forever. It's weird. :P

ReloadPsi
11-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Oh man, that is an absolutely beautiful story.

theundeadhero
11-24-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm such a crybaby now that I'm out of teenage angst.

Ramza Beoulve
11-24-2007, 10:51 PM
The only time I cried in a videogame was in Shadow of the Colossus' ending. I attached myself to that game a little too much, and the ending, well, it went straight to my heart.