PDA

View Full Version : WHY WAS HE THERE

sir helix
11-24-2007, 05:19 AM
why was caitseth even in this movie and tsing and elana were killed in the beginning so how did they save rufus from falling. but mostly the cait seth thing

Rase
11-24-2007, 08:04 AM
1) Cait Sith was most likely included because, well, he's a playable character in FFVII, and they wanted them all to be included. Of course he got nothing more than a glorified cameo, but hey, I'm sure some people would have complained had Square not included him.

2) Tseng and Elena were not killed in the beginning, they were tortured by Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz. By the time they save Rufus they have been able to rest and recover.

cloud21zidane16
11-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Rase is correct, if Cait Sith hadnt of appeared then that would of ended up being one of the main topics about thi film:rolleyes2

Jessweeee♪
11-24-2007, 11:03 PM
I liked Cait Sith and would have been one of the people complaining! Also Red should have had more lines and Cait Sith should have been on his mog body.

ANYWAYZ what I wanted to say is, Vincent tells Cloud that he rescues Tseng and Elena o.o

sir helix
11-25-2007, 02:36 AM
cait sith is nothing but a robo puppet made by reeve, so i dont see why hes that important in ff7:ac and later in doc:ff7

Jessweeee♪
11-25-2007, 04:28 AM
cait sith is nothing but a robo puppet made by reeve, so i dont see why hes that important in ff7:ac and later in doc:ff7

Yeah...well....YOUR FACE ISN'T IMPORTANT.

...but in all seriousness, if you're going to say that you could just say that there was no need for an AC or DoC period :p

EDIT:

...plus Reeve can't fight on his own maybe and he wanted to be useful? I dunno.

Aphrodite.
11-27-2007, 03:29 AM
I assume he was there because he's a good information source. Even though it was never shown in a scene... If Reeve still had ties to Rufus, then I'm sure he was spouting information to the group about Kadaj and co. Plus, Cait Sith is just way too cute to leave out.

Off topic, but doesn't Cait Sith mean like, "fairy cat"?

NGU
11-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Oi reeve can so fight... just not well. Cait Sith was a main part of the story of ff7 so there. Plus its funny watching him and his scottish accent!!!

Fatal Impurity
11-28-2007, 02:07 AM
He was an ok character but I mean what reason could Reeve have for using him after the final battle with Sephy? Plus his mog body got destroyed when they went and got the black materia. Then somehow Reeve just got another one lol

Pouring Rain
11-29-2007, 04:36 AM
Cait Sith was there because he was a playable character within Final Fantasy VII. Reeve leaves a message on Cloud's phone, so it's still apparently being controlled by Reeve.

Tseng and Elena weren't killed. They were just brutally tortured and brought to the Forgotten City (which is called the Forgotton Capital in the game), and then Tseng and Elena were taken by Vincent, and he took them in and healed them. And then I guess they finally made it back to Edge by the end of the game. But, Kadaj stole their IDs. Yeah.

Ciretho
12-04-2007, 01:58 AM
I just find it hilarious that Red XIII only got one line in the entire movie. (I don't have anything against him, it just amused me)

Relapse
12-24-2007, 09:36 AM
ANYWAYZ what I wanted to say is, Vincent tells Cloud that he rescues Tseng and Elena o.o

Well, Vincent WAS a Turk y'know.

And DAMN i hate Cait Sith. I mean, he doesn't EVER fight in the whole movie, does he? And i hated him during the game as well. Hes just gay.

Red XIII: There are still children with the stigma.

Awesomeness.

Jessweeee♪
12-24-2007, 06:37 PM
He fights. He sits on top of RedXIII and...bitch slaps Bahamut? That's what it looked like to me anyway :p

Markus. D
12-29-2007, 02:50 AM
2) Tseng and Elena were not killed in the beginning, they were tortured by Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz. By the time they save Rufus they have been able to rest and recover.

The talk with Cloud and Vincenzo within the movie backs this up.

Mercen-X
01-16-2008, 07:38 PM

Correct! I think Cait is the derivative of that word but Sith is pre-dated by Sidhe (which is pronounced the same way... not so insane if you can bend your mind around the idea that D & T are interchangeable).

TidusMaster
06-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Yeah.... they would have gotten complaints about not have Cait Sith there. But like, i've done alot of research, and im very confident that im correct in saying....

Red was not in the movie very much because his fur was VERY expensive to animate. As would have Cait Sith's giant moogle. All they could afford to do was Red, so they just said "Hey, lets put Cait Sith on Red!"

Jessweeee♪
06-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Wha, really?

;_;

Poor Red and mog body ;_;

PeneloRatsbane
06-08-2008, 12:34 AM
i think it adorable when Cait is sitting on red,

Masamunemaster
06-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Nanaki is one of my fav characters...I wish he had more lines:(

PeneloRatsbane
06-08-2008, 01:23 PM
all of avalanche should have had more lines, in fact there should have been alot more Cid Tifa Yuffie Vince Nanaki CaitSith Barret dialog and alot less Yazoo Kadaj Loz scenes.
the film would have been so much better

Mirage
06-08-2008, 07:48 PM

Correct! I think Cait is the derivative of that word but Sith is pre-dated by Sidhe (which is pronounced the same way... not so insane if you can bend your mind around the idea that D & T are interchangeable).

Yes, it's basically the same word :p

Kenshin IV
06-18-2008, 06:48 AM
Cait Sith was in the movie for the same reason the movie existed in the first place: Fan-service.

The whole movie is one, big fan-service. That's all it is. That's all it was meant to be.

Marky Tee
06-18-2008, 03:45 PM
what i realy want to know is why on earth did they decide to give him a scottish accent?
seriously where did that come from
also its not even a real scottish one
more like a non scott putting an accent on

PeneloRatsbane
06-18-2008, 06:33 PM
I love that Cait sith had that accent, cos it gives the voices a bit more diversity. what with Cid having that southern accent. They should have given Vincent and english accent and Aeris a cockney accent (i always imagined her being a cockney for some reason)

Marky Tee
06-18-2008, 10:16 PM
i hated him having it
its the most corny scottish accent ive ever heard
i honestly cringed

PeneloRatsbane
06-18-2008, 10:31 PM
I did want to nut him when he says "Ahh shut ur trap Lassy!" or something like that. he should learn some freaking respect, Yuffie is higher up the character status level than he is.