PDA

View Full Version : Wich FF is the best?(lets clear a few thing up)

remnant1
11-24-2007, 03:51 PM
recently,there has been heated discusion in the forums about wich FF is the best.i ask you,the general FF public,whats your opinion?wich final fantasy do you think is the best out of the all the ones they've made?

NOTE:Please assume that all mentioned games are american releases and are not international versions.you may vote for a game that is on any console or handheld,such as FF1 for the nes,PS1,GBA,PSP,none of the refered games may be voted for by use of emulaters,for they may be moded.

if i have left any out,i am sorry,but these are the main games for the final fantasy franchise

ReloadPsi
11-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Heated discussion? Every single "which FF is best" discussion consists people saying "7" or "not 7", then everyone calls each other stupid and nothing happens. That's not heated, that sucks. Almost puts me off the games in fact.

Rase
11-24-2007, 09:13 PM
recently, since the beginning of time there has been heated discusion in the forums fanboys arguing about wich FF is the best, and there always will be.
Fixed.

remnant1
11-24-2007, 09:16 PM
lol,but the reason i put this poll here isnt becuse of ppl arguing about 7,it was about 9.and i want to see for myself wich one stands out on top

blackmage_nuke
11-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Unfortunately this poll will not clear up anything as im sure if you made a second poll the results would be completely different

And FFVI will ALWAYS be the best

remnant1
11-24-2007, 09:30 PM
well,if ppl stop being idiots we could get things done,am i right?

ReloadPsi
11-24-2007, 09:41 PM
well,if ppl stop being idiots we could get things done,am i right?

That is the most ridiculous proposition I've read all day, and I've just been reading a console war thread, plus earlier today I read one of the posts made by Future Esthar's alternate account.

People won't stop being idiots. I still like FF7 but that's because I'm still 13 on the inside. I know why people don't like it but nobody will admit that I acknowledge this :P

NeoCracker
11-24-2007, 10:29 PM
The real Fans will tell you straight up, Mystic Quest is the :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Avarice-ness
11-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Is this where I go "Final Fantasy Adventure is not a Final Fantasy game, but a Seiken Densetsu game" ?

I'm pretty sure it is. You just like many like you before have been taught.

Or and FFVI is the best. :razz:

ljkkjlcm9
11-25-2007, 03:09 AM
FFVI is the best, it's a fact.

THE JACKEL

qwertysaur
11-25-2007, 05:11 AM
X is the best.:)

sir helix
11-25-2007, 05:29 AM
long live zidane, YOU GO LITTLE GENOME MONKEY TAILED DUDE THAT GOES PINK WHEN PISSED

Laddy
11-25-2007, 05:41 AM
VII is the best. And before you go all vet on my ass, let me tell ya, I've completed many of the games, and have enjoyed all of them. VII was my third FF, and it surprassed any game to date, IMHO.

Elpizo
11-25-2007, 07:47 AM
Clearly Final Fantasy III (NES/DS) is the best.

Selena_Akariko
11-25-2007, 07:57 AM
I thought FF III was your second favorite...

I voted FF IX, because it has an awsome storyline, nice charachters' design and development, and most important, entertaining sidequests. (Chocobo Hot&Cold! Kweeeh! :choc2: )

:save: Selena

Raebus
11-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Go ff6 go.

Elpizo
11-25-2007, 02:41 PM

I voted FF IX, because it has an awsome storyline, nice charachters' design and development, and most important, entertaining sidequests. (Chocobo Hot&Cold! Kweeeh! :choc2: )

Will you stop hanging everything I told you on the big clock already? >.<
IX was my favourite, but seeing how badly III gets beaten around I changed my mind. Now that poor game has at least one vote.

jammi567
11-25-2007, 02:57 PM
All of them.

Apart from VII. Because that sucksass.

Selena_Akariko
11-25-2007, 03:14 PM

Will you stop hanging everything I told you on the big clock already? >.<
IX was my favourite, but seeing how badly III gets beaten around I changed my mind. Now that poor game has at least one vote.
Sorry... :greenie:

Takara
11-26-2007, 04:13 AM
FFX-2 is the best thing since sliced bread!

*throws up a lung*

remnant1
11-26-2007, 05:34 PM
please dont vote for something just becuse it has the most or the fewest votes,it throws the data off.i made this poll for a logical reason.

in my life's experiance i think all FF's are great:
1-this is the first so its great by defualt,the simplicity and the end dungeons are grand

2-the growth system is one of the best ive seen in any video game.plus the free charecter set up.
4-it cant get any better than 5 party members,the story is great and the charecters are good,too.not to mention that almost every charecter "dies"at some point
5-all the jobs alone make this game awsome,no questions asked
6-pending.i need to go back and play this again...
7-great music,simple battles.the materia system was a good.charecters were only good as far as sephiroth goes,though.still one of my favs.the mini games are really fun(i spent most of my time in the gold suacer lol).
7DoC-vincent has a great background story.its very compelling,but I would say this is the weakest(due to the lack or RPG ness)
8-the storyline is what i loved the most about this game.that and how similar i am to squall.this games battle system has some of the best charecteristics than in any final fantasy on the account of the monsters lvl up as you do.even monster you fight at the begining of the game can give you a hard time when your lvl 80+
9-chocobo hot and cold is my #1 thing about 9.the extra content is weak but its still a great game story wise and gameplay wise
10-my all time favorite.i love just about every thing about this game.
i gata go-the rest is to be continued...

Elpizo
11-26-2007, 05:41 PM
I didn't vote for III just because it would otherwise have no votes. It has effectively replaced IX as my favourite FF, and thus I voted for it.

Rase
11-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Whoever voted for FFVII: DoC needs to play more good shooting games. Or maybe just more shooting games then just this one.

Vivisteiner
11-26-2007, 07:42 PM
ffix

Roto13
11-26-2007, 11:21 PM
If you say VI, you are right. If you say VII, you are wrong. The one I is the difference between awesome and anti-awesome.

Pro tip: Every 3rd FF is better than the 2 before it.

Tavrobel
11-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Another one of these?

FFVI for great justice.

silentenigma
11-27-2007, 01:04 AM
FFVI seems to be totally pwning this time

Laddy
11-27-2007, 05:32 AM
If you say VII, you are wrong.
FAIL.

chionos
11-27-2007, 09:07 PM
If you say VI, you are right. If you say VII, you are wrong. The one I is the difference between awesome and anti-awesome.

Pro tip: Every 3rd FF is better than the 2 before it.

I would agree with you EXCEPT, FFXI is a much better game than FFXII. However, since FFXI is a MMO and many fans will never play it maybe we could consider the two games before XII to be X and X-2, in which case your theory would be correct.

In any case, FFVI wins. FFVI is to Final Fantasy what TNG is to Star Trek, what Anna Karenina is to novels, or what the Super Nintendo is to video game consoles. The Best of the Best. King of Kings, Alpha and Omega, all that jazz.

Jessweeee♪
11-27-2007, 11:59 PM
My favorite is FFX :D

Crossblades
11-28-2007, 04:55 AM
VI fo sho.

Sefie1999AD
11-28-2007, 01:35 PM
This poll isn't going to clear anything up. It all depends on what the fanboys can be bothered to do. If FFVII fanboys bother to vote on this poll, FFVII is a certain winner. If they don't, the chances are that FFVI or FFVIII fanboys do bother, and then FFVI or FFVIII is a certain winner. It's more about a popularity contest than a way to find the ultimate answer, really. That said, I'll just say Mystic Quest is the best FF ever. :p

Pro tip: Every 3rd FF is better than the 2 before it. odd FF is great, while every even FF is a failure.

There, I fixed it for you. :)

remnant1
11-28-2007, 03:51 PM
how about a univesal correction?

Every final fantasy is great,even and odd.(mistic quest did suck though)

and sephiroth1999AD(wth?),what you said was totally useless."If FFVII fanboys bother to vote on this poll, FFVII is a certain winner."?
thats the point,vote for what final fantasy YOU think is best based on your own opinion.thats also why this is a general poll,so that all fans can vote.if someone thinks FFVll is the best,and if it gets the most votes in the end,then it is obviously the best.

blackmage_nuke
11-28-2007, 08:46 PM
More people liking something does not make it the best

Sefie1999AD
11-28-2007, 11:49 PM
how about a univesal correction?

Every final fantasy is great,even and odd.(mistic quest did suck though)

and sephiroth1999AD(wth?),what you said was totally useless."If FFVII fanboys bother to vote on this poll, FFVII is a certain winner."?
thats the point,vote for what final fantasy YOU think is best based on your own opinion.thats also why this is a general poll,so that all fans can vote.if someone thinks FFVll is the best,and if it gets the most votes in the end,then it is obviously the best.

I see, so if a game wins this popularity contest where the amount of voters is a few dozen people, that means the game is "obviously the best". Sounds valid. :) Oh, and I don't think Mystic Quest sucked. It may have been a really easy game, but it was still pretty fun, and I liked the music there.

Jessweeee♪
11-29-2007, 12:50 AM
There is no best, there is no worst! Just many FFs and some fans, some fanboys, some haters, some label-free, all with their opinions or indifference. Every game has people who are madly in love with it and people who hate it with just as much passion :spin:

Bolivar
11-29-2007, 01:23 AM
I say VII because it had the best battle flow in the entire series, a multi-layered and complex plot which was open to interpretation, memorable characters, an interesting take on FFI, and my favorite soundtrack in the series. And minigames. It was a revolution in gaming and I'm proud to have been apart of it.

Accept it and move on.

Raebus
11-29-2007, 01:53 AM
luckily I'll never accept that, kudos for me.

ff is da best
11-29-2007, 09:25 AM
i really liked ff8
i think becoz it was the first ff i ever played

remnant1
12-04-2007, 09:25 PM
There is no best, there is no worst! Just many FFs and some fans, some fanboys, some haters, some label-free, all with their opinions or indifference. Every game has people who are madly in love with it and people who hate it with just as much passion :spin:

yea,i know this.but this is about as good as a result as anyone is going to get.i need data dont i?if i could go official,i would.if enough people would vote for what they think is the best out of there own opinion,then no one would need to nay-say me.its all about collecting data.
data,data,data.
its what smart people do when they want to find something out from a bunch of idiots(meaning in a very loose term for normal people,no offense meant)

Firo Volondé
12-06-2007, 05:11 AM
If you don't mind me asking, renmant, what is the point of all this data-collecting? If it's for personal use, that's fine, but if you're using it for a report on the opinions of FF fans (it seems ludicrous, but it would explain the first post), I would advise against it. Any data you get from any survey is wildly innaccurate unless you can find a random group of thousands of people (even in EoFF had that many people, they'd likely be all FF fans, so not random). After all, I could find 30 people who think Adolf Hitler was better than Nelson Mandela, and use them to "prove" Hitler is more liked than Mandela. Therefore, everything you read here (apart from the following quote and variations thereof) is worth jack squat.

Then again, the poll asked for my opinion, so I said X.

kjguydftxyjy
12-14-2007, 09:08 AM
FFVI is best...

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 02:41 PM
i see FFVI has a clear lead.. maybe i should play that one.. on what console can you play that?

Vivisteiner
12-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Thats a given.

Its what I used to say, until I met FFIX. :love:

Bolivar
12-17-2007, 12:31 AM
i see FFVI has a clear lead.. maybe i should play that one.. on what console can you play that?

GBA/PS1/SNES

although I prefer the RPGOne english translation of the original japanese game. It's an example of a hacked rom being better than the actual game.

auberginedreams
12-25-2007, 05:59 AM
Final Fantasy VII. It was my THIRD Final Fantasy game. I love them all but VII will always be my favorite. I love that it is much darker than others in the series and IMHO the characters develop much better than any other game in the series.

auberginedreams
12-25-2007, 06:14 AM
Can somebody please tell me what is so good about VI? I honestly want to know. I had never played it so I recently picked up the GBA version and beat it and I really liked it but it just wasn't as good as everyone says it is. The story felt cliche and very predictable. The celes/locke relationship was nice, but other than that I didn't feel any emotional ties to any of the characters. Kefka was super cliche (however, if you take into account his retconned backstory, then he's actually pretty cool).Btw, my favorite is VII. (VII 4 LIFE <3)

Northcrest
12-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Final Fantasy VII still has my vote. The only game that I think that will cause me to not make Final Fantasy VII my favorite would be Final Fantasy XIII.

Zora
12-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I voted 9, although I like 6 and 9 the same. Anyways, here is my priority list: