PDA

View Full Version : I did that! ME!

Zeldy
11-24-2007, 10:28 PM
What has made you feel very chuffed (pleased) with yourself recently?

For me, walking to the top of Moel Famau in North Wales today. We walked right to the top! We were walking in the clouds for a while. It was really windy and pouring it down.

I, stupidly, signed up for the Duke of Edinburgh award a year ago, I completed Bronze and am now battling through Silver. For those who don't know what that is, it's basically something to keep teenagers active and productive; aswell as walking loads and doing lots of expeditions we have to volunteer at a service for 6 months, learn a skill for 6 months and complete 6 months worth of physical recreation. It's really hard work, but employers love it. To complete Bronze we completed a walk in Ribble valley (near Clitheroe in Lancashire) pitched up tent in a field and then walk the next day, I somehow managed it. To Complete Silver you have to do even more walking but pitch up tents twice and sleep for 2 nights and walk for 3 days. We have to carry everything we need in our huge ruck sacks, they weigh nearly 2 stone due to the tent/food/equipment. Anyone else foolishly sign up for Duke of Edinburgh?

Sergeant Hartman
11-24-2007, 10:31 PM
I never got around to DoE.

But today I beat my friend at a game of pool for the first time, and I rubbed it in his face :hat:

NeoCracker
11-24-2007, 10:34 PM
I recently partook in a very satisfying Genitalia Scratching. That was rather pleasing if I do say so myself.

scrumpleberry
11-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Mmmeeee.

I still haven't sorted out service yet XD

Jessweeee♪
11-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I managed to get enough money in PSU to buy that super kewl weapon I wanted!

Zeldy
11-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Mmmeeee.

I still haven't sorted out service yet XD
Bronze? I left it way too late and ended up forging them all in my log book, haa! Get it done now, seriously.

BardTard
11-24-2007, 10:54 PM
I asked my mom religious questions she couldn't answer and made her look like an idiot when she tried to answer.

I'd show her my theory of life diagram but I'm not that cruel. I'll wait until she's ready.

Aerith's Knight
11-24-2007, 11:06 PM
lolz.. wiffles.. i think i may like you :)

Proxy
11-25-2007, 01:30 AM
What has made you feel very chuffed (pleased) with yourself recently?

For me, walking to the top of Moel Famau in North Wales today. We walked right to the top! We were walking in the clouds for a while. It was really windy and pouring it down.

I, stupidly, signed up for the Duke of Edinburgh award a year ago, I completed Bronze and am now battling through Silver. For those who don't know what that is, it's basically something to keep teenagers active and productive; aswell as walking loads and doing lots of expeditions we have to volunteer at a service for 6 months, learn a skill for 6 months and complete 6 months worth of physical recreation. It's really hard work, but employers love it. To complete Bronze we completed a walk in Ribble valley (near Clitheroe in Lancashire) pitched up tent in a field and then walk the next day, I somehow managed it. To Complete Silver you have to do even more walking but pitch up tents twice and sleep for 2 nights and walk for 3 days. We have to carry everything we need in our huge ruck sacks, they weigh nearly 2 stone due to the tent/food/equipment. Anyone else foolishly sign up for Duke of Edinburgh?

Sounds like fun. I'd like to try that some time.

Madame Adequate
11-25-2007, 02:49 AM
I successfully avoided each and every possible kind of such activity or programme throughout my entire youth. I'm proud of that! xD

Griff
11-25-2007, 06:25 PM
I apparently helped people, so I guess I'm proud of that.

smittenkitten
11-25-2007, 06:55 PM
I walked to the top of Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh with Daniel and have pics to prove it. It was very fun but took me forever. :p

Quindiana Jones
11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
The amount of economics work I've done in the past few weeks.

Chuffed, and depressed. What a combo!

EDIT: lol@Branchy. Get off MY seat! :mad2:

Miriel
11-25-2007, 11:17 PM
I made the perfect roast beef. It was perfect! ^_^

Resha
11-26-2007, 09:00 AM
I foolishly signed up for DoE :p I did one practice expedition, which was glorious and full of leeches -- to some forest in the heart of Malaysia. We found ancient guerilla bullets, and danced in the muddy rivers. It was great fun, and I'd love nothing more than to expedition it up again, but unfortunately -- too much work. So I've put my DoE-ness on hold coz I can't afford to miss school. Hopefully after my exams :) I LOVE JUNGLING!

Loony BoB
11-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Recently? Oh man, I don't know. I wish I could do a lot but it's freezing out there. Next summer I'm sure I'll do something notable, maybe go up Arthur's Seat (again) or something. I just don't have much time these days. :cry:

The Ceej
11-26-2007, 06:35 PM
I asked my mom religious questions she couldn't answer and made her look like an idiot when she tried to answer.

I'd show her my theory of life diagram but I'm not that cruel. I'll wait until she's ready.

Good job. Can I see your theory of life diagram? I'm kind of in a position, right now, where I need anyone's theory as to why this all is. Maybe I should start a thread about it. The reason I won't is that I don't think anyone has the answer, but I'd still like to see your diagram. Can you PM it?