PDA

View Full Version : The differences between...

feioncastor
11-25-2007, 03:33 AM
The PSX Version and the PSP version.

I've looked at several websites and reviews and such, but I haven't found any real definitive description of the differences between the two games, if any exist at all.

Are there new jobs? New characters or sub-plots? New equipment?

I don't own a PSP yet. I'll be buying one solely for the purpose of purchasing this game. It's unfortunate because I really don't want a PSP a whole lot, but I need to buy any game that has "Final Fantasy Tactics" in the title, simply because of what the original FFT has offered.

I guess I'm almost asking if it's worth buying a PSP just for the game, but I really don't care if it's "worth" it. I'll be doing it anyway, whether it's worth it or not.

The Amazing Spiderman
11-25-2007, 05:07 AM
PSP:

- Two new classes: Onion Knight and Dark Knight.

- Two new Non generic playable characters: Balthier from FFXII and Luso from FFTA2.

- You can play against a friend in cooperative /versus mode now.

- New Equipment avaible from the multiplayer mode. I heard the equipment varies between cooperative and versus mode.

- New battles and events in chapter 4. Most of them involve Non generic characters that join our party, like Beowulf, Meliadoul, Agrias. You can get rare items on those battles.

- You can have now 24 units in your army, compared to the PSX 16 limit. That's just awesome.

And there's this problem with the speed when you're playing, the animations of some of your units' actions may happen very slowly. Not that much of a problem, thought.

And hey, I want a PSP solely for that purpose also, too. I'm saving money for it, and I think I won't regret it at all.

Suiko Jin
12-11-2007, 04:13 AM
Also, the PSP version has a new translation. More of a medevil theme than the PSX version.

EagleDelta1
12-13-2007, 09:40 PM
The new translation allows the text to fit the dialog style seen in FFXII & Vagrant Story's scripts

Lord Rimoah
12-16-2007, 10:12 PM
This bites, the really F***ing sucks BEYOND BELIEF... This is not what I expected when I bought a PSP AND this game. I wanted my quirky mis-translated dialouge, but I figured they'd brush it up... But to change the dialouge? That's unnessary... What happened to classic lines like:

"Blame yourself... Or God" - Delita Hyral (to blasphemus for U.S. wussy over sensative players and their parents)

"Surrender of Die In Obscurity"- Sure this line was a "obscure" as it's own utterance, but I liked like... Like "Take this your Spoony Bard".

Bascially, there was a lot of asthetic changes that DIDN'T need to be made... Even MENUS are in a different language. It's like my finger-kung-fu is suddenly been thrust into a Shaolin Temple!

And I've only gotten to the first chapter, but by what I've seen so far, I'm so UTTERLY afraid of how they've changed the story... Especially the Religious Conspiracy aspect....

All for the effort of changing it for the low-level intelligence of the new generation who always put this game down because of it's "Graphics" and "confusing story", but now they think it the Shiznit because it's on PSP and believe it to be a "sequel" to that sorry imitation of the ORIGINAL Final Fantasy Tactics called "FFA"...

Dammit! This was supposed to be a nastalgic portable fun game for those of us who enjoyed the Original and gave it it's praise that over came the denying eye-candy hoars who praised that sloppy B.S. named FFVIII... God! I'm sorry, but this is TRULY disappointing... and BEYOND.... I hardly feel the need to even try to bridge the generation -gap by asking about the "13 Monks of Grog Hill" and how they beat/failed it...

Oy, I ... I think I've said my piece... For now... But I'll be back the more I play this... I shouldn't have to drugde and dread my way through one of my favorite games because of so called "enhancement" but, I think the fans of the original FFT understand and feel me on this...

EagleDelta1
12-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Umm -the dialog in the PSP version is the way it is because the Japanesse was actually translated correctly in this version. The dialog also now fits the european style that was being attempted AND now it actually FEELS like i'm in the same Ivalice that FFXII and Vagrant Story are set in.

Finally - complaining isn't going to change anything. If you don't like it, trade the game in and quit your baby-like complaining cause YOU didn't get what you wanted or expected.

Relapse
12-26-2007, 10:11 AM
well the translation is sucky, but it fits the game nicely.

mayhap lol.