PDA

View Full Version : Mafia - Pokemon Edition (Question for next round. Please answer!)

Pages : [1] 2

Del Murder
11-25-2007, 05:06 AM
This will be starting again soon. Please pm myself or Miriel if you want to play. In the pm please tell us the following things:

1. If you are willing to share an account, and if so tell us if you have a preference on who to share with.

2. Whether you would rather be citizen or mafia, or it doesn't matter.

The GAME
Click here (http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikeburnfire/mafiascum04.swf) for a flash tutorial of the game basics.

ROLES

The following roles from this page are all fair game:

Roles - MafiaWiki (http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Roles)

The only ones that for sure will not be used are the stupid roles (use your best judgement). Read carefully through the page because we plan to mix it up this round. This won't be your standard vanilla Mafia game.

RULES

The main rule change for this version of the game is that all discussion must take place in the designated mafia thread.

This means that unless your role specifically allows you to do so, you cannot:

1. PM/IM/Email/call/etc each other and strategize about the game.
2. Reveal your role (mafia, citizen, or otherwise) to any other player.
3. Ask other players to vote with you, against you, whatever.
4. Or any other shenanigans.

The penalty for outside discussion will be:

1. Death from the mafia game.
2. Banishment from all further mafia games.
3. Six month user note ban.
4. Death. From life.

<b>Here is a great link that explains the basic game rules:</b>

http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikeburnfire/mafiascum04.swf

<b>Also, here is Levian's very good explanation:</b>

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/111067-mafia-sign-up-questions-thread-recruting-now.html

Rengori
11-25-2007, 05:40 AM
Oh man, Lekana and Jojee would hate this one.

Jessweeee♪
11-25-2007, 05:43 AM
Whoa...second mafia...that's insane!

Question about rule 2:

Are we alowed to post in the mafia thread and say things like ZOMG DON'T KILL ME I'MA DOCTAH!

EDIT:

James Bond with Extreme Jaw Ache is my new favorite role :exdee:

Jojee
11-25-2007, 07:32 AM
This means that unless your role specifically allows you to do so, you cannot:

1. PM/IM/Email/call/etc each other and strategize about the game.
2. Reveal your role (mafia, citizen, or otherwise) to any other player.
3. Ask other players to vote with you, against you, whatever.
4. Or any other shenanigans. I'd have to ask you to reconsider, because I believe discussion using Mafia persona in PMs can add a very nice twist to the game. If I'm Pikachu and I PM Charzard using my Pikachu account saying that I am the doctor and we should team up, it's up to Charzard whether to trust me and up to myself (stupidity or otherwise) whether to decide to trust him enough to PM him in the first place. It is also within my power to lie to him, if I am actually Mafia, and simply say I am the doctor and lead him astray if he believes me. I think this will make the game much more interesting and there will be even more paranoia all around.

Of course, we would not be revealing in these PMs who we are outside of the game. I understand your reservations about discussing the game with instant messengers or using other forms of communication, but as long as we are playing our Mafia character I believe that communicating with each other should be allowed.

Rengori
11-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Joy, you wouldn't be Pikachu, PG would.

Jojee
11-25-2007, 07:47 AM
It's hypothetical, you doofusface :p! I have not yet decided if I am joining.

Rengori
11-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Hypothetical or not, PG is Pikachu.

edczxcvbnm
11-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Way to take half the fun out of the game. Is it our fault that the mafia got their asses kicked last time? Maybe they should try PMing people and playing the role of the citizen with outside thread interaction.

This sounds like it sucks and isn't gonna be too much fun playing. If someone wants to reveal their role then let them. It is part of the game and people still have to guess if they are telling the truth. We had people tell the truth, lie and didn't fully know their role when they revealed it(Jojee, Cinderella and Dale). It was all strategic in nature and made it more interesting. Don't kill the fun. Let people play the game how they want. If one side wins to fast then the other side sucks and doesn't know how to manipulate people or how to hide their true roles and motives.

Sergeant Hartman
11-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Back to basics.

scrumpleberry
11-25-2007, 12:09 PM
YAY!

Levian
11-25-2007, 12:59 PM
So much for trying before saying it sucks, eh? ;) I think perhaps some of you may have misunderstood the rules a little. From what I got out of it, you can still reveal your role or ask people to vote with you, you just have to do it publicly in the Mafia thread, which opens for new ways to lay your strategy. Not much different the from last time, except there's just no talking outside the thread, which could be interesting. I'm willing to at least test it out, and so should you(!), and then for the next Mafia game we can pick whichever method proved to be the best. Let's have fun imho.

Aerith's Knight
11-25-2007, 01:13 PM
id be warturtle with squirtle's glasses :) .. ah the good ole days

Raebus
11-25-2007, 01:37 PM
I like the fact that this has practically killed lekana and Jojee's tactics, very much so.

KentaRawr!
11-25-2007, 01:44 PM
I'd say the fact that dumb rules are there increases the realism of the mafia. Why, revealing our roles to one another will be like smuggling drugs for money! :D

Shauna
11-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Huzzah~ =]

Shiny
11-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Maybe they should try PMing people and playing the role of the citizen with outside thread interaction.

That was done by both sides of the spectrum.

I'm not playing this time around, but I love the evilness of the punishments for those who break the rules. But I'm curious as to how you would find out people are breaking them.

Del Murder
11-25-2007, 05:46 PM
It may be fun for those doing the colluding, but not for those who are not involved. If you are not part of the secret cliques that have all these discussions then the main thread becomes very confusing and it makes it hard to base your vote off anything. This way it can be eually enjoyable for everyone. Besides, this is how it's done in pretty much every other online version of this game, and in the offline version there is no way you can collude because you are all sitting together the whole time. This is what mafia is.

We had two rounds of it that way, now it's time to try it this way. Don't play if you don't like the rules, but they aren't changing.

Freya
11-25-2007, 05:47 PM
I like the fact that this has practically killed lekana and Jojee's tactics, very much so.

We weren't that bad. All we did was discuss the happenings. It was easier and more personal cause it was one on one. Hell she could have been a mafia it was my fault that I was trusting her. And i think that's what you should do, take that leap of faith and trust someone.

Oh well I guess this will cause more suspicion and wondering and such. And the discussion will have to stick to the thread which could get people killed soooo much easier. It could be fun though, i'll just have to be sneakier.

Jessweeee♪
11-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Are two people sharing an account allowed to strategize outside of the thread with eachother?

Del Murder
11-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Yes, that is encouraged.

edczxcvbnm
11-25-2007, 06:17 PM
It is one of those thing where I might not want to announce everything to everyone. I might want to pull a few people off to the side that I trust and let them know what I think instead of the whole forum of people I don't trust.

Miriel
11-25-2007, 06:17 PM
If you guys check out some of the other large forums that do Mafia online, like Mafia Scum and SomethingAwful, they all play with the "no talking outside the thread" rule. This is a widely and generally accepted rule of the game.

We'll try it out the normal way with this rule in place, and if this Mafia game is a flop, then y'all can play it the deviant way. :p

Also, Levia is right. You can strategize and form alliances and claim to be a cop or whatever in the actual thread. All that stuff is fair game. Just don't take it outside the thread. It's not that big of a change, really. Just try it this way and have fun with it!

KentaRawr!
11-25-2007, 06:19 PM
So, we can plot, but within the thread itself, then. In that case, can we decide in a PM what language we'll be speaking in during the thread?

Jessweeee♪
11-25-2007, 06:22 PM
That might be kinda suspicious...it's a good way to get lynched!

Jojee
11-25-2007, 07:20 PM
and then for the next Mafia game we can pick whichever method proved to be the best. Let's have fun imho. Would we really get to pick the next game, or would it be solely up to the people who are running it again? ^^ If you're speaking of a democratic exercise, I don't mind. I just want to ensure that is the truth.

Levian
11-25-2007, 07:39 PM
The final decision is of course up to whoever is hosting the round, but hopefully that person will listen to what the majority wants.

Aerith's Knight
11-25-2007, 08:36 PM
i have no idea how to play mafia.. and its very complicated.. so ill pass

Del Murder
11-26-2007, 06:38 AM
We are not unreasonable people. If this way sucks we can go back to the other way. But at least give it a chance instead of just writing it off because you had so much fun the first way.

edczxcvbnm
11-26-2007, 07:19 AM
We are not unreasonable people. If this way sucks we can go back to the other way. But at least give it a chance instead of just writing it off because you had so much fun the first way.

I was out the first vote the other way. I didn't get a chance to converse and plot so I am going off of what I think and feel in this case. I view Mafia as a town forum where people chat during the day and go home at night. No way do I want everyone to hear everything I have to say. Some people I want to tell stuff because I feel I can trust them. Why would I want to tell everyone everything I am thinking? I don't think I would do that unless I talk with those I trust first.

I will give this a shot but only to spite you in the end and say that it sucks after all is said and done so that it goes back to the more fun, friendly way of doing things.

Miriel
11-26-2007, 07:26 AM
My goodness, what is so wrong with wanting to try playing a game with the original rules in tact? I mean, yeah, stealing from the Monopoly bank is fun sometimes, but playing it straight it lots of fun too. Sheesh. >_>

edczxcvbnm
11-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Playing monopoly straight BLOWS! No one plays by the original rules because they suck! Who the hell plays with free parking being a space where nothing happens? I don't put $500 bones in there but I do put all the penalty money there. That is just one of many made up rules for monopoly to make it more playable and fun.

Jojee
11-26-2007, 07:36 AM
First of all stealing Monopoly bank money is cheating. Having the option to PM each other, to trick each other and interact based solely on Mafia persona with everyone, moderators of the game included, knowing that this is going on is hardly the same thing. I wasn't going to post in this thread again, but how are you equating stealing money from the Monopoly bank with being able to PM each other on Mafia characters while in Mafia roles?

Miriel
11-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Dude. The free parking pot is one of the most WIDELY held rules in Monopoly, even if they may not be in the rule books. Pretty much everyone plays it that way. Just like how the "no outside discussion" rule is one of the most WIDELY held rules in Mafia (online or otherwise). So yeah, both rules are there to make the game more interesting and fun. :)

You seem so hell bent on thinking that this version (the widely held, most popular way to play the game) is gonna suck without ever having tried it. I've looked over a bunch of online versions of this game from various forums and all of them have the limited discussion rule and all the players still seem to have a lot of fun.

So chill out. Try it this way. If you're so stuck on thinking there's only one fun way to play this game, then you're probably not gonna have any fun at all. Self-fulfilling prophesy and all that junk.

EDIT: Del Murder and I went over the game configuration to try and make sure that it'll be a fun interesting game, and we're not even asking that much. Just try it this way and see how it goes. And you know, as people hosting the game, it's totally uncool to us that people are saying that this is the un-fun way to play the game, or that this round is gonna suck, or whatever before the game even begins and the players even give it a TRY. Gosh. *shakes head*

edczxcvbnm
11-26-2007, 07:50 AM
I already said I was joining just to spite you two so there.

I play with loans and foreclouser in monopoly to a life like scale as well to make it more interesting and fun. Real monopoly sucks on every level. Don't even try to say because a rule is widely used it is more fun. That is wrong so many times which is why I don't put $500 in free parking automatically.

Miriel
11-26-2007, 07:55 AM
I'm going to kick you in the face just to spite you. :p :p :p

How about that? xD

The only reason why we added the new rule was to make the game more interesting. If you're all about changing things up to make things interesting, I don't understand why you're fighting this so hard. Just go with the flow, man. ^_^

edczxcvbnm
11-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Because I view this as a step in the wrong direction. You have failed to make me see how this would be more interesting or life like. Changing things up is good...but only when there is the outside chance that it could make things more interesting. By restricting how we converse and plot, you take away a fun, secret filled element from the game. And we all know secrets are fun!

Jojee
11-26-2007, 08:12 AM
XD I like monopoly, but it takes sooo long to play. I always liked the thimble. Oh wait, this isn't a monopoly discussion thread :p ...Completely. ....Yet. :greenie:

In all seriousness, I am just giving suggestions on what I think can improve the game and have given reasons to back up my suggestions. It was clear from early on that the suggestions wouldn't be taken and that you guys wanted to try it a set way, which is well within your right. I'm not going to argue pointlessly about it, but I do want to make clear that the rules I (and I think other people) am proposing should in no way be equated with cheating. It just seems that ever since the last Mafia game, you've been extremely bitter about the way the game played out and on a short fuse with differing opinions.

Anyway, I don't aim to be insulting. I'm sure playing the game this way can be fun, regardless of whether I believe playing it a different way can only add even more fun.

P.S. Steve and I are not teaming up against you XD We are each presenting our own points! :mog:

Miriel
11-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Hey, you wanna know why you haven't seen how this way could be more interesting?

Cause the game hasn't started yet!!!!

What part of "give this a try" don't you understand? *kick*

Edit: Jojee, I'm not bitter about anything. Seriously. Maybe I should use more smilies? In my head, the tone of all my posts are pretty nonchalant but I guess it doesn't come out that way. Here: :p :) :p :) Even without the smilies, I'm not really sure how you're getting "extremely bitter" and "short fuse" when all I've really said in this thread is: Lets try it this way and see if it works out and if it doesn't we'll go back to the other way.

So yeah. I really do think that Del Murder and I have been really reasonable in our request. Super duper reasonable in fact.

Also, the post before the edit was meant in a joking way. I don't actually wanna kick anyone. Especially not in the face. I suppose I should add smilies to that kick post too...

But I hate overloading posts with smilies. :(

I don't take any of this too seriously, and I don't think anyone else should either. I don't think Del and I need to "defend" anything cause for serious, guys. This round is gonna last like a few days at most. It's just for fun. And like we've said, we're gonna give it a shot, see how it works out, try and have some fun. All we're asking is y'all just jump on the ride and go with it. At the very least, wait until AFTER the game has started to make comments about the gameplay/rules/etc. :) :) :) :) :) :) xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ^_^_^_^

edczxcvbnm
11-26-2007, 08:20 AM
The part where I like to endlessly bicker and fight about the most pointless things ever XD

I seriously got into one of these 'fights' with my brother about whether water is inherently dirty XD

Also, it seems like you can't defend your stance that this makes the game more fun other than it is a popular rule and to try it out. Neither of which are convincing at all. I claim victory over our petty squabble!

*starts the ticker-tape parade*

Thank you...thank you one and all XD *jerks around some more*

Levian
11-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Why would I want to tell everyone everything I am thinking? I don't think I would do that unless I talk with those I trust first.

That's part of the challenge, figuring out what to share with the class and what to keep to yourself. ;)

Loony BoB
11-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Miriel: Just think of how I come across in the "Who should be the next CK?" threads - that's how you come across. I still don't know how to avoid this, it's a curse. I don't think smilies fix it, either. =/ Now I have someone I can relate to, at least.

I agree that the game should at least be given a shot, I personally just don't really have the desire to play with them. The only reason I played last time was so I could find out exactly what was happening outside the thread, while this time I can go back to being a spectator, because being neutral in every way is fun. I hope that I won't be banned from posting as a spectator, though. Is that the case? :(

Also, out of curiosity, how in the world would it be possible for you guys to even know if people are discussing the game outside of the thread? o_o I mean, I know you can say "We just hope people will respect the rules" and all... but discussing outside of the thread at all, even if you don't reveal your roles or anything? It's fun to chat with people from EoFF about things you're both involved with at EoFF. I'm sure you two will! But yeah, how can this even be enforced?

Jessweeee♪
11-26-2007, 02:40 PM
You'll have to trust us :spin:

Levian
11-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Also, out of curiosity, how in the world would it be possible for you guys to even know if people are discussing the game outside of the thread?

If anyone PM's me I'll tell the teacher right away. :cool: The less people in the game the better for me!

Communication can be hard when we don't even know who's playing this time, as sign up is anonymous through PM. You can probably tell from this thread at least some of the ones who's entered, but my point was that at least it makes it a bit harder to communicate. :p But when it all comes down to it the players will have to be trusted to follow the rules, the game isn't any fun if you cheat anyway. I'm sure there are ways to cheat in the ciddies too, but people don't do it because it's lame.

and join the game, you eel.

Loony BoB
11-26-2007, 03:17 PM
But what about actually just discussing the game, saying what you think with other people, without actually revealing who you are?

Levian
11-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Outside the thread? that would be outside discussion. Besides, everyone and their dog knew you were Peter Pan last game. ;)

Loony BoB
11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
But if you're discussing what's happening in the thread with someone and you don't know who they are, how are you meant to know if they're playing!? xD I mean, if I chat to (for example) theundeadhero about what's happening in the thread, yet we don't know who is playing or who is using what name or who is playing what role... xD For all I know, he could be playing (or not!), and for all he knows, I could be playing (or not!).

I'm a pain in the arse. 8-) I'm not against this, I just really enjoy talking about this stuff because it's like a drama to me. I mean, it's like watching a TV series and you talk about it with your friends, trying to figure it out. I don't see what's so bad about that. D=

fire_of_avalon
11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Dear people who bitch: STFU.

I think I want to play.

Aerith's Knight
11-26-2007, 04:35 PM
id want to play.. but no one wille xplain :crying:

Raebus
11-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Dear people who bitch: STFU.

Seconded.

I want to play as well.

Miriel
11-26-2007, 06:33 PM
But if you're discussing what's happening in the thread with someone and you don't know who they are, how are you meant to know if they're playing!? xD I mean, if I chat to (for example) theundeadhero about what's happening in the thread, yet we don't know who is playing or who is using what name or who is playing what role... xD For all I know, he could be playing (or not!), and for all he knows, I could be playing (or not!).

I'm a pain in the arse. 8-) I'm not against this, I just really enjoy talking about this stuff because it's like a drama to me. I mean, it's like watching a TV series and you talk about it with your friends, trying to figure it out. I don't see what's so bad about that. D=

I think what you're talking about is fine. Discussing the game as you would discuss what's happening in a tv show isn't what we're trying to avoid. We're trying to avoid people actively strategizing with each other outside the game. As in people PMing each other and going, "ok guys, this round we need to lynch Veevee because I'm pretty sure that they're Mafia. Also, Pikachu, protect me in the next round cause the Mafia is gonna come after me, ok?" or people revealing their roles to each other privately. The example you gave of people talking about the game outside the thread isn't a problem at all. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

And we won't really know if people are going around the rule. We're just hoping that if it's against the rule, people won't try and break it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Levian
11-26-2007, 06:38 PM
You sound really sarcastic with all those smilies. xD

Miriel
11-26-2007, 06:42 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Fine. I will try these monstrosities...

:kaoclove: :kaocheer: :kaobeg:

Loony BoB
11-26-2007, 07:26 PM
xD *amused*

And yay.

Will it be okay for non-playing members to post in the thread? Or do I gotta keep my mouth shut? :(

Jess
11-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Awww, Miriel using lots of smilies is making me want to play. xD

Levian
11-26-2007, 07:39 PM
I have to say it feels a bit sad to break the tradition of Miriel being killed on the first night. But knowing her she'll probably find a way to get herself killed anyway.

oddler
11-26-2007, 08:59 PM
I am not fond of Pokemon but I'll play anywizzay.

NeoCracker
11-26-2007, 09:00 PM
I'll join, though I have no Idea how to play this game, though it sound s fun.

Where can I go to look up these rules?

Edit: Found it, this looks quite fun.

Psychotic
11-26-2007, 11:54 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :) xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ^_^_^_^Whoa Jojo you are an awesome troll to make Miriel of all people do this. Now make her say wearing socks in bed is cool!
Miriel: Just think of how I come across in the "Who should be the next CK?" threads - that's how you come across. You weren't too bad. You reminded me of Boris Johnson. A blundering, yet lovable and well-meaning old fool. All those years in boarding school have made you a bit too much of a peach, old chap.

I think the new rules sound fabulous and I am interested in trying them. I think it'll be a lot fairer for those who don't have an extensive social network at EoFF. If it sucks, okay, lesson learned, we'll do it another way next time. Variety is the spice of life. :monster:

Jessweeee♪
11-26-2007, 11:59 PM
D'ya think someone can put <a href="http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikeburnfire/mafiascum04.swf" title="WHEEEEEEE!!">this</a> in the first post?

This was the most helpful of all of the explanations I looked at when I didn't know what was going on n.n

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 12:32 AM
ooowww.. i know this game.. i played this before.. bu tit was called wherewulf or something like that

ill play as wartortle with squirtle squad glasses :)

Jessweeee♪
11-27-2007, 12:43 AM
OHNOEZ!

THERE'S A HORRIBLE FLAW IN THE POKEMON PLAN!

How are we supposed to communicate ideas with eachother when we can only say our name?

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 12:45 AM
pm

Miriel
11-27-2007, 01:09 AM
OHNOEZ!

THERE'S A HORRIBLE FLAW IN THE POKEMON PLAN!

How are we supposed to communicate ideas with eachother when we can only say our name?

Oh my god. We didn't even think of that. xD

You know though, there's a version of Mafia where each poster is limited to 2 words per post (and one smilie). So they have to play the whole game going:

PersonA: lynch who?
PersonB: BoB, mafia
BoB: Not me

:p

Jessweeee♪
11-27-2007, 01:10 AM
O.O

The impossibilitiness!

NeoCracker
11-27-2007, 01:12 AM
So, how many of those roles will we be using? I assume anything under the "Strange Roles" section is out. Cause wow, the Paranoid Cop? lol.

Jessweeee♪
11-27-2007, 01:17 AM
So, how many of those roles will we be using? I assume anything under the "Strange Roles" section is out. Cause wow, the Paranoid Cop? lol.

I think the Worst Roles Ever Section is out :(

...and I REALLY liked the James Bond with a Really Bad Jawache, too :crying2:

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 01:37 AM
i know how to communicate while only saying our name:

war war wartortle *points at random person*

*uses watergun*

and then hes dead :P

Jessweeee♪
11-27-2007, 01:42 AM
C'MONNNNNN I WANNA PLAY NAUUUU!!!

Del Murder
11-27-2007, 03:25 AM
Remember that this time application to the game is done by pm, to try to make it even more anonymous. How many people have joined so far? I can say the number is somewhere between 10-50.

Also please see the first post for links explaining general mafia rules.

I think Psychotic nailed it right. The secret message way of playing isn't very fun for people who don't have a large EoFF social network. We're just trying to level the playing field here. There's tons of strategies you guys can use if you think hard enough. Anyway, if you don't like the rules just don't play. Or play for the sole reason to make it so unfun that it goes back to the old way next time. Whatever works. Though it might not be wise to try the latter in a game ran by power-abusing Admin.

edczxcvbnm
11-27-2007, 04:37 AM
But I like to try and break the system Del ;D

Del Murder
11-27-2007, 05:43 AM
I'll break you!

Jojee
11-27-2007, 05:46 AM
I was going to post that but it would have sounded a lot sexier coming from me. :(

...Then again... :jokey:

NeoCracker
11-27-2007, 05:57 AM
Just to be clear on the roles, Since exactly sure what ones are fair or not, all the Basic roles listed on that are likely to be played. And I assume Vigalante will be used as well.

But what about Tracker, Reporter, Body Guard, and Role Blocker?

Or are we just going to find out when it comes at us?

Freya
11-27-2007, 05:58 AM
...Then again... :jokey:

WHOA, what are you suggesting? IS Del stepping on my joy/ed time? Oh hells no!

Oh yeah question: Is there gonna be a limit on players? or is it like free game for anyone.

NeoTifa
11-27-2007, 05:58 AM
i wanna join!!! i wanna be with jojee again. and i want to be leonardo de vinci!!!!!

otsug len el ovurp el ???? lol the proof is in the taste

qwertysaur
11-27-2007, 06:02 AM
We need an insane cop. Or a bus driver, those would be fun.

Miriel
11-27-2007, 06:05 AM
Just to be clear on the roles, Since exactly sure what ones are fair or not, all the Basic roles listed on that are likely to be played. And I assume Vigalante will be used as well.

But what about Tracker, Reporter, Body Guard, and Role Blocker?

Or are we just going to find out when it comes at us?

Figuring out what roles are in play are gonna be part of the game. I encourage everyone to incorporate the roles and the possibilities of certain roles into their gameplay.

NeoCracker
11-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Ah, so its a toss up of whats in and whats not.

That keeps things interesting.

This seems more and more fun as I look into it.

Del Murder
11-27-2007, 06:09 AM
I will tell you that there will be at least 1 citizen and at least 1 mafia.

Also, Beloved Princess has a 50% chance of being Levian's role, if he is in fact playing.

Levian
11-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Ooh, finally a reason to wear my tiara in public.

Are all the roles in the flash file (which is linked to in the wiki) also possible roles, or is it just the roles in the wiki?

Miriel
11-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Yup, the ones in the flash are also fair game.

We're gonna start this up soon so if you wanna play, now's the time to sign up!

Aerith's Knight
11-28-2007, 08:17 PM
why isnt there:
-the terrorist: gets to blow himself up taking 3 ppl with him at the cost of his own life
-chinese food guy: can choose 1 person to deliver food too, that person cant kill, because he is busy eating. the one who gets the food would not know who delivered the food

at least throw in the chinese food guy :p

f f freak
11-28-2007, 08:23 PM
I'd like to join, and if it's a Pokemon one I want either Goldeen, Staryu, Starmie, Bulbasaur, Squirtle or Charmander. Basically any of the cute ones or a Water Poke!!

edczxcvbnm
11-28-2007, 08:24 PM
I read about a very interesting role on wikipedia. Yakuza Mafia role! The special ability is to kill themselves at night but in exchange, turn on of the other citizens into a member of the mafia. All of a sudden those who you thought you could trust are now suspect all over again.

EDIT: Oh and I disagree with Psychotic XD I have no EoFF click but to drive and split those clicks apart is the real fun :D

Aerith's Knight
11-28-2007, 08:31 PM
I'd like to join, and if it's a Pokemon one I want either Goldeen, Staryu, Starmie, Bulbasaur, Squirtle or Charmander. Basically any of the cute ones or a Water Poke!!

psh wartortle is the coolest!! with squirtle squad glasses!! .. pokemon was such a hype 6 years ago wasnt it? or was it 8 years?

qwertysaur
11-28-2007, 08:44 PM
I hope you remembered to change the passwords for the accounts as well. I know for a fact that my previous account is now Clefairy.

Miriel
11-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Yup, it's all been taken care of.

Jessweeee♪
11-28-2007, 11:12 PM
why isnt there:
-the terrorist: gets to blow himself up taking 3 ppl with him at the cost of his own life
-chinese food guy: can choose 1 person to deliver food too, that person cant kill, because he is busy eating. the one who gets the food would not know who delivered the food

Did you read about James Bond With Extreme Jawache (or something like that)?

o.o

Aerith's Knight
11-28-2007, 11:14 PM
why isnt there:

Did you read about James Bond With Extreme Jawache (or something like that)?

o.o

who what now?

hmm.. you seem excited.. ill change my face for ya..

*works on face*

0_0

Miriel
11-29-2007, 10:11 AM
The roles have all been assigned and sent out. So y'all should have both your Pokemon account info and also the role you'll play in the game.

The Mafia game thread should be up tomorrow after everyone has read their PMs.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
11-29-2007, 05:11 PM
I wanted mudkip. :(

[M] Dee
11-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Eevee!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Psyayay.. Psyduck Psy?

*i have a headache*

[M] Helo
11-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Hyp-Hyp-Hypnoooo!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Psyayay!!

*uses tail whip on hypno*

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
11-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Gaaaaaasssssssssss! *farts* o.o

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
11-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Can you include a list of all the possible roles? The Wiki page has too many links. Muchas gracias.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Psy? Psyayay!

*uses water sport*

Miriel
11-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Everyone, please feel free to change your password if you want to.

There's still a couple people who haven't checked their PMs, so we'll wait for those laggers before starting the game.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Oh noes!!! my tail fire is going out :eek:

[M] Mom – Host
11-29-2007, 08:11 PM
sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :)
*slowpoke dances slow-mo*

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Psyduck Psy!

*stares at slowpoke*

psy?

[M] Mom – Host
11-29-2007, 08:32 PM
*falls asleep*

ZzzzZZzzz

[M] D'Anna
11-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Hello internet, it is a pleasure to meet you.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-29-2007, 08:34 PM
*falls asleep*

ZzzzZZzzz

*falls asleep with eyes open*

[M] Gaius
11-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Ditto?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Ditto?
*breathes fire all over you*
*you turn into me and kick my ass:(*

[M] Felix
11-29-2007, 09:33 PM
You're a ditto, you don't say anything.

demondude
11-29-2007, 09:33 PM
No mudkips?

[M] Gaius
11-29-2007, 09:34 PM

what about squirtle? squirtle squirtle.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-29-2007, 09:35 PM

what about squirtle? squirtle squirtle.

turtle turtle

[M] Felix
11-29-2007, 09:40 PM
It goes "Squirtle Squirt".

Edit: Hey, I'm like, invisible-ish. o_O Is this Squirtle's new ability?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-29-2007, 09:42 PM
i was scrolling up and down this page saying "wtf where the heck am I" looking for my old avatar.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
11-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Sorry I'm late guys. Had to brush up on the rules a bit.

[M] Eizen
11-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Bow before my cuteness :)

edczxcvbnm
I think the mafia in this game should be referred to as Team Rocket.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
Psy?

*bows before togepi*

[M] Felix
11-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Y'know, I should really change my avatar back to Squirtle without that awesome monocle. I look like a normal user this way.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-29-2007, 09:52 PM
take one with squirtle squad glasses

[M] Felix
11-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Squirtle Squad Glasses? You mean the ones he wore before he turned good?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-29-2007, 09:55 PM
duck!! (yes)

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
11-29-2007, 09:56 PM
I think the mafia in this game should be referred to as Team Rocket.

TEAM ROCKET'S ROCKET! :D

So when do we start?

EDIT: Lol location: Alive >.<

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-29-2007, 09:59 PM
to protect the psy from psy duck psy!

[M] Felix
11-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Meh, I'll keep the monocle, actually.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
11-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Isn't meowth the only pokemon that can actually talk?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-29-2007, 10:25 PM
OOC: Yes, so you have to do it like this

Oddish, odd odd!

Translation: Oh, Squirtle, I love your glasses! Where did you get them?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Psyduck Psy Psyduck!

Translation: maybe glasses would make me look intelligent

[M] Felix
11-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Squirtle Squirt!

Translation: Why would they do that? All that would mean is that your a foolish duck with an eye problem. And I got my Monocle from the grocery store.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Psyayay! Psy.. Duck!

Translation: ease up on the insults.. i feel a headache coming up

[M] Felix
11-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Squirtle Squirts loads of squirtiness.

Translation: I wasn't insulting you! I was just asking a normal question.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
11-29-2007, 10:37 PM
ODD!

Translation: TO THE GROCERY STORE! ODDISH AWAY!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Duck.. Psyduck Psy!

Translation: Hey.. when are we gonna begin..

*time diff here.. add 6 or 7 hours to your time*

[M] Colette
11-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Chu :eep:

Pika Pika!

Translation:

I am so stupid! I sent a message to the webmaster because I was having problems after changing my password. All I had to do was change the email :eep:

Also using this used account feels like when I'm wearing a used jersey in gym. I even smell BO!

[M] D'Anna
11-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Just the thought of lynching all these cute creatures is tearing me up inside.

Miriel
11-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Oh my god, you guys. xD

Um, we're still waiting on like... 4 people to check their PMs.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Psyayayay!

Translation: this is worsening my headache.. you know what will happen..

Miriel
11-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Oh and just a tip, it might be more convenient if you guys had another browser (Safari, Firefox, IE, whatever, just something different from your main browser) where you can keep your Mafia account logged in. Then you won't have to bother with logging in and out between your two accounts.

[M] Adama
11-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Fairy, clefairy. Clefairy cle cle.

Translation: Hi, guys. Sorry it took so long.

[M] Colette
11-29-2007, 11:51 PM
Piiiiikachuuuuuuuuu~

Translation:

Pikachu.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Psyduck Duck Psyduck Psyayay!

Translation: *slobber*

[M] D'Anna
11-30-2007, 12:05 AM
KADABRA :(

Translation:
I was gonna change my avatar into a less ugly picture of Kadabra, but apparently he's always ugly :(

[M] Adama
11-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Cleeeeeeeeeefairy? Fairy clefairy fairy!

Translation: What if it's a female Kadabra? It could be!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Psy duck psy

Translation: Abra is way cooler

Psychotic
11-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Stop talking about me you damn duck.

Miriel
11-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Ok, waiting on 2 more people.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-30-2007, 12:27 AM
Stop talking about me you damn duck.

PSYAYAYAY.. DUCK!!

http://img30.picoodle.com/img/img30/5/11/29/f_psyduckconfm_b37137b.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/5/11/29/f_psyduckconfm_b37137b.jpg&srv=img30)

*uses confusion attack and KO's Psychotic*

[M] Adama
11-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Clefairy!

*charges metronome*

Clefairy, clefairy, clefairy....

*thunder shocks Psyduck*

[M] Colette
11-30-2007, 12:33 AM
Pika Pi!

Translation:
Save it for the game, yo.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Clefairy!

*charges metronome*

Clefairy, clefairy, clefairy....

*thunder shocks Psyduck*

http://img30.picoodle.com/img/img30/5/11/29/f_psym_3622340.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/5/11/29/f_psym_3622340.jpg&srv=img30)

[M] Colette
11-30-2007, 12:46 AM
Chuu!

:shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Translation:

We should get the shifties out of our system before the game starts.

:shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Miriel
11-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Pikachu, what have you done? :mad2:

[M] Colette
11-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Kaaaa~
:kaobeg2:

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-30-2007, 01:17 AM
char charmander

translation: omg you killed psy(add chotic or duck here)... you bass turd(or magicarp turd)

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-30-2007, 01:25 AM
Psyayayay.... *defeated*

*stumbles back to misty's pokeball*

[M] Colette
11-30-2007, 01:30 AM
Pika :(

Translation:

Don't change your custom title!

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-30-2007, 01:33 AM
Pika :(

Translation:

Don't change your custom title!

Cha-ar-man-der

translation: F-A-L-E

Del Murder
11-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Please don't take too many liberties with your profiles, guys. Or else I will lock them.

[M] Colette
11-30-2007, 02:15 AM
(eheheh....oops....^-^;; )

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-30-2007, 02:17 AM
Please don't take too many liberties with your profiles, guys. Or else I will lock them.

like we can change our avatars and thats it right

Del Murder
11-30-2007, 02:19 AM
I don't care if you change the avatar as long as it still represents your pokemon character.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-30-2007, 02:23 AM
like my super cool awesome dark charmander

[M] Colette
11-30-2007, 02:26 AM
...or the creepy child in a Pikasuit :kewl:

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-30-2007, 02:28 AM
Yeah... or that

How many more people left until we start

[M] Adama
11-30-2007, 02:33 AM
EDIT: Clefairy.

Translation: I was wondering the same thing.

[M] Colette
11-30-2007, 02:34 AM
Most likely the same two people.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-30-2007, 02:37 AM
omahgod hurry up

[M] Colette
11-30-2007, 02:38 AM
I see we've given up the "only say our names" thing :(

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-30-2007, 02:40 AM
if you are talking about me, I never use this font or say "mah"

*slaps self*

ohh never mind

[M] Colette
11-30-2007, 02:42 AM
I am confuzzled now :(

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-30-2007, 02:43 AM
Char Char Char mander

I thought you were saying I was giving up my identity

confuzzled = best word evar

Miriel
11-30-2007, 03:42 AM
Ok, if the last few people don't check their PMs soon, I'm reassigning their roles and we're gonna get this show on the road.

Quina
11-30-2007, 04:10 AM
I am mafia.

[M] Felix
11-30-2007, 04:33 AM
Quina isn't a Pokemon. O.o

Miriel
11-30-2007, 04:33 AM
Quina is everything and everyone. Quina is all encompassing.

[M] Felix
11-30-2007, 04:35 AM
But she's not a Pokemon.

Miriel
11-30-2007, 04:38 AM
You're fired, Squirtle.

[M] Felix
11-30-2007, 04:39 AM
You're not my boss, silly. :p

[M] Al - Biker Dad
11-30-2007, 04:43 AM
You're not my boss, silly. :p
*Attacks with Confusion*

Now, when do we get this Shindig Started? I want to do me some Mafia Gaming already.

Edit: NVM, I found Miriels memo on the time.

edczxcvbnm
11-30-2007, 04:52 AM
Why don't you make Mafia Townsperson a role like Administrator or something. That way people can't change it?

Del Murder
11-30-2007, 04:53 AM
I thought I did that. :confused:

edczxcvbnm
11-30-2007, 05:01 AM
okay. I just say Pikachu earlier with a custom title that was Pika Pika or something but no Mafia Townsperson...or so I thought. As a result I thought that was what was being talked about above with not taking too much freedom with these accounts.

edczxcvbnm
11-30-2007, 05:04 AM
Wait! It is just a custom title and not a rank.

Your current user title is
Mafia Townsperson

That is what it says in my player's profile. I think that shouldn't be and that Mafia Townsperson should be akin to Administrator, CK, RM and so on. They might be a part of a group but it isn't displayed as such...unless I am missing something.

Psychotic
11-30-2007, 05:13 AM
I don't get why people feel the need to mess with their mafia game account's custom titles and avatars anyway.

NeoCracker
11-30-2007, 05:14 AM
Because they are silly bitches Psy, because they are silly bitches.

Miriel
11-30-2007, 05:23 AM
Attention, everyone please check your PMs!!

Cause even though some of you guys have posted, you haven't checked your PMs (I dunno how THAT works out, but ok) and I hate having unconfirmed PM receipts. So yeah, just please read your PMs so we can get this started.

edczxcvbnm
11-30-2007, 05:30 AM
If you download messages as XML or maybe the message is sent in e-mail then you don't actually have to check your PMs and thus it remains unconfirmed.

[M] Colette
11-30-2007, 02:43 PM
I don't get why people feel the need to mess with their mafia game account's custom titles and avatars anyway.

Because now if feels more cozy and not like a used gym jersey like I said earlier!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-30-2007, 02:59 PM
*psyduck wakes up*

Psyayay?

Translation: Whats going on?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Char

translation: pi =
3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211706 7982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381 9644288109756659334461284756482337867831652712019091456485669234603486104543266482133936072602491412 7372458700660631558817488152092096282925409171536436789259036001133053054882046652138414695194151160 9

[M] Dee
11-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Eevee!

Translation: I hope this all gets started soon!

[M] Caprica
11-30-2007, 06:40 PM
I never played Pokemon. Do I say Geodude?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Psy! Psyayay!

Translation: you say: Geodude Dude Geo Geodude.. stuff like that

Miriel
11-30-2007, 06:57 PM
No no noooo. You can post regularly without the name repeating stuff. >_>

Shauna
11-30-2007, 07:02 PM
xD Really? I wonder who wouldn't guess this! :p

Jojee
11-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Jojee! Jojee jejeeejeeeeeeeeee jojojojoojojjeeee~!!!! :jess:

Translation: Some of you pokemons are looking especially tasty today.... *licks lips*

P.S. I knew Psy was a duck. THIS PROVES IT. Remember that time we cybered and there were duck suits involved, Paul? xD

Psychotic
11-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Remember it? I live it. Daily. I see your feet twisting overhead on the face of every young girl I meet. I hear your triumphant bellows in the laugh of every child.

[M] Felix
11-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't particularly want to be eateded by Jojee. Not that she can eat a turtle, but I'm just saying.

leader of mortals
11-30-2007, 10:01 PM
I don't particularly want to be eateded by Jojee. Not that she can eat a turtle, but I'm just saying.

ever hear of turtle soup

[M] Felix
11-30-2007, 10:04 PM
If she tried that, I'd get my pimp glasses and squirt her.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-30-2007, 10:06 PM
no roasted duck for Jojee..

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-30-2007, 10:10 PM

Luckily, I cant be eaten.

[M] Gaius
11-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Eat me Jojee.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
11-30-2007, 10:12 PM

Luckily, I cant be eaten.

i suppose she could make salamander stew from you

bit spicy though

Eat me Jojee.

you look like a giant booger :p

[M] Dave – Stepdad
11-30-2007, 10:14 PM
ooooooo do we evolve in this game... we should

Miriel
11-30-2007, 11:02 PM
OK, why are you people not posting in the actual game thread?

Go lynch, c'mon!

Please only use this thread now for discussing background elements of the game, like if you have any questions, or you need to be replaced, or if you're a non-player wanting to comment on the game.

Del Murder
12-01-2007, 01:19 AM
What happened to Psyduck's avatar?

Jojee
12-01-2007, 01:24 AM
And custom rank. :p

Probably hiding his/her sexy arse so I won't be so tempted to eat it!

Miriel
12-01-2007, 01:25 AM
I dunno.

But Psyduck is having trouble accessing his account, so any inactivity shouldn't be considered strategy or anything. Psyduck is just unable to log in at the moment.

You guys should stop messing around with your profiles. And please keep your locations as "Alive" until you are dead.

Del Murder
12-01-2007, 01:35 AM
Anyone who further messes with their profile gets a 2 MONTH USER NOTE BAN.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 03:17 AM
Are pokemons allowed to roam the forums completely and cavort with fellow EoFFr'S?

OR do they not understand slooooooooooooow? :(

Del Murder
12-01-2007, 03:33 AM
You are able to view all forums that you normally would, but you can only post in GC. Please do not post in threads other than the two mafia threads.

Also, please make sure you do not remove invisible status. I think to be safe I'm going to have to lock all the profiles. Sorry guys.

Psychotic
12-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Are pokemons allowed to roam the forums completely and cavort with fellow EoFFr'S?No. :twak:

e:fb

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 03:35 AM
The lack of posting in the main thread= lose.

Miriel
12-01-2007, 03:40 AM
It should pick up after the first day. People are scared to say too much on the first day cause it might get them lynched. :p

edczxcvbnm
12-01-2007, 04:57 AM
So now you take away the ability to show more than 10 posts per page. Why do you two fail so much at setting these accounts up. I want to change the way everything looks at the very least. 10 posts per page blows!

Del Murder
12-01-2007, 05:47 AM
Haha, it's 10? I'll set it to 30 for all but ed's account. ed gets 5 posts per page.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
12-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Quick Question

Does the beloved princess know that their the beloved princess?

Del Murder
12-01-2007, 07:58 AM
If there is one, yes.

[M] Felix
12-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Can we wait until everyone else is offline, discuss with other people IN the thread, then edit our posts sneakily before everyone gets back?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
12-01-2007, 06:08 PM
your forgetting lurkers

Del Murder
12-01-2007, 06:09 PM
I am never offline.

[M] Felix
12-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Oh, I see.

Darn.

By the way, Psyduck, it's a 3-Way Tie in the Game! :O

[M] Felix
12-01-2007, 06:36 PM
It's a real shame we can't use signatures. Just look at the awesome one I made:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/KenYocin/MonocleSquirtle.jpg?t=1196534183

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
12-01-2007, 06:46 PM
lol that made me laugh

Del Murder
12-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Please keep game related commentary in the game thread. For example, discussing whether or not some one is a backup cop should go in the game thread.

[M] Felix
12-01-2007, 07:16 PM
All right, Del Murder.

Miriel
12-01-2007, 08:44 PM
You guys MUST keep all game related stuff to the actual game thread.

Psyduck, if you roleclaim anywhere else again, you're disqualified from the game.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
12-01-2007, 08:48 PM
ill get killed anyways.. but im sorry i forgot.. but i was the same as i said on the official thread though

[M] Felix
12-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Yes, Miriel, we will. We apologize for that.

[M] Adama
12-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Sigh. It sucks we don't get to communicate anymore. I might be absent for a while before tomorrow, so don't think I've abondoned you guys. I'll simply be at my grandmother's who doesn't have a computer.

Good luck to the Town and down with the Mafia!

*peace sign* Clefairy loves you, fellow Townies!

Psychotic
12-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Why the hell are you opening and closing the thread like a madwoman, Miriel? :lol: Right now it is open.

Miriel
12-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Question - I've closed the Mafia thread for now because typically night time is when the town goes to sleep and discussion is halted until the morning when it can start up again alongside the morning's new revelations and clues.

What do you guys think of it? I'm not set on keeping it closed, or keeping open. But I thought we'd try this out. But if you guys prefer it open, for whatever reason, I'll open it.

Edit: Psycho, cause I know some people want it closed, but now I've been informed that some people want it open. So I dunno what to do!

KentaRawr!
12-01-2007, 09:12 PM
It seems like a better idea to keep it closed, if you ask me. We all need a break from refreshing our pages, and there's nothing we can really get from discussion now.

On the other hand, maybe we should discuss our votes for when it's day time? I think that could be very beneficial to gameplay, and the townspeople would likely get another goal.

I say open.

Psychotic
12-01-2007, 09:12 PM
I prefer closed 'cause otherwise you're giving the town a night ability.
On the other hand, maybe we should discuss our votes for when it's day time?That's the whole point of daytime, man.

Miriel
12-01-2007, 09:15 PM
But you guys have an entire 24 hours to discuss daytime voting stuff. Add on the night time hours and you'd have 38 hours of non-stop discussing. :p

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
12-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Chatting and accusing each other is not an ability. It's not a wise thing to do for the most part either. If it's in your strategy, it's in your right to be able to do it. It also allows people more room for stupidity and mistakes, which I believe is always a good thing, regardless of whether it leads to good results.

I plan to make a post of my analysis so far shortly before 14 hours is over, in case I get killed and won't be able to do it as the day starts. Since the thread is the only form of communication available to us, you should leave it open.

Jojee
12-01-2007, 09:32 PM
What pokemon are going to sleep if they know there's gonna be killin' going on tonight? xD Besides they just lynched someone, who sleeps after that!? I want more drama, open open! Please :(

Psychotic
12-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I thought you didn't care about mafia with all the gay new rules? ;)

Jojee
12-01-2007, 09:37 PM
When did I ever say that? ;) I simply gave valid arguments on why my version of the rules were better!

Now open, I cease to be amused by Ciddies right now. xD

P.S. you're gay.

NeoCracker
12-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Oh yeah, I pass out for a little to long and what happens when I come back? I'm lynched.

Well Smurf you for ruining my first Mafia Experience.

Aerith's Knight
12-01-2007, 11:39 PM
you were a werewolf.. you cant complain the villagers killed you

NeoCracker
12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Ya damn straight I can. I hadn't even gotten the chance to choose a victim.

I have come to believe you people have been conspiring against me to make this day as miserable as you can. I quite possibley caught my boss's Bronchitis, I've been lynched, and you bastards didn't read my Wierdest member speech.

I can complain all I want today.

Aerith's Knight
12-01-2007, 11:50 PM
ok.. i suppose that you can complain :)

Miriel
12-02-2007, 12:41 AM
Dude, I asked you if you were up for having a power role, cause you weren't really active before the start of the game, and you were one of the very last to answer your PM. In fact, I was like 10 seconds away from giving the replacement player your Pokemon account password cause I was all, "HE'S NOT CHECKING HIS PMs!!" :p

But yeah, tsk tsk for not voting! Might have changed the outcome of things.

NeoCracker
12-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Its not my fault I caught Bronchitis dammit!

Del Murder
12-02-2007, 12:52 AM
Now you know how Miriel feels, Corny.

NeoCracker
12-02-2007, 12:54 AM
I'm going to find where you two live and give it to both of you. Then we'll see who's the last to laugh.

PS: But really, don't think I"m actually pissed.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
12-02-2007, 01:59 AM
I'm going to find where you two live and give it to both of you. Then we'll see who's the last to laugh.

owned

Aerith's Knight
12-02-2007, 02:26 AM
whuts going on?

Psychotic
12-02-2007, 02:50 AM
I'm going to find where you two live and give it to both of you.Out of context. Love it.