PDA

View Full Version : Saved right before Weigraf, and no way of winning?

PingPong700
11-25-2007, 05:25 AM
My game is saved right before Weigraf. I can beat Weigraf, but I can't beat Velius...he just kills all my guys too quickly. My Ramza is level 32, he has mastered Squire and Monk, and has some samurai skills, but doesn't have the Ninja class yet. I have auto potion and life font, but as I can't get to the world map I can't throw away my potions and hi-potions so my autopotion only heals 30. I have tried to beat this damned level about 50 times and I have never won...someone please help! My other characters are: Agrias(Mastered Holy Knight), a Ninja, two mages who can be either white mage, black mage, or chemist proficiently. Both have autopotion and Holy.

The Amazing Spiderman
11-25-2007, 05:37 AM
Well, there's always a way, don't worry about it.

It's good to know you have mastered Ramza's Squire class.

With that known, you can abuse the use of "Yell" until ramza has like 4 turns in a row. Then, use "Accumulate" until you can deal a chunk of damage to Wiegraf. (You can accumulate until you One-kit-KO him if you want, or, you deal 250 damage to him. Your choice."

If you did that in the Wiegraf battle, when you fight Velius, Ramza's stats will be still the same as the last battle, and ramza will have various turns in a row. If you accumulated his physical power, Ramza's attack will be high enough to zap out a lot of damage to velious in a turn. You just have to attack him all the turns with ramza, and velius will be no more than a dead goat.

ALSO, I strongly recommend you to have at least auto potion when fighting wiegraf, and drop all your potions and Hi potions so you can only use the X-potions with the Auto-potion ability. Wiegraf can deal a lot of damage, you know.

That, or you can just equip a Chameleon Robe (you have at least one, right?) to negate his holy sword attacks.

Good luck.

PingPong700
11-25-2007, 06:54 AM
Thanks for your help. I'm actually playing the PSP version, so I assumed Yell and Accumulate were the skills that gave you attack and speed ups. I'm just really glad I finally beat that stage...haha. Thanks again.
Also, I'm not sure what the Chameleon robe is...its probably called something different in the PSP version.

The Amazing Spiderman
11-25-2007, 02:53 PM
It's the robe that absorbs holy attacks.

Glad I could help.

Jowy
11-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Still though, Velius is gonna rape you. Wiegraf's the easy part :p

I think you'll be best off starting over.

NeoCracker
11-26-2007, 12:26 AM
I never had a problem with Velius actually. So long as I can get by Wiegraf. He kicks my ass alot. That is until I started using a Lancer against him, then he is a breeze.

I just use Holy and Bahamut with a Short Charge. Easy day against Velius.

Roto13
11-26-2007, 02:07 AM
So the PSP version still has that horrible thing where if you save after certain battles and you're not strong enough to win the next battle, you're screwed because you can't leave the area?

Siegfried
11-26-2007, 02:12 AM
I came across the same situation so i just turned Ramza into a Chemist with Move+1 and the reaction ability of Critical:Recover HP...
Just equip a gun and fire on him, running away each turn until he is weakened...then just have him fire on Velius the rest of the fight and use your normal crew for the rest

BG-57
11-26-2007, 12:20 PM
If you Yell and Accumulate often enough during the Wiegraf fight you can kill Velius in one blow.

VeloZer0
11-27-2007, 02:55 PM
If you have some good Draw Out's you can alternatively turn Ramza unto a Black Mage. Draw Out with hight MA is very powerful, and doesn't feel quite as cheesy as some of the other ways of beating him.

Suiko Jin
11-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Ramza's squire job is the best for him. Yell and Accumulate will always trump the enemies.

And I wish they would warn you before you go into that fight. I thought the PSP version would remedy that but oh well.

Prancing Mad
12-02-2007, 10:00 PM
the 1st time I beat him I was pissed right off. I had tried it lots, and was low levelled. Finally since ramza as a lancer was the only guy staying alive, I turned everyone into lancers, just 'cause I was mad. It actually worked tons of attacks missed because my guys were all in the air, but I still hit velius quite a few times. It was a close call, and in retrospect, a ridiculous idea that shouldn't have worked, but it did. Try that for fun, you might get lucky like I did

Bolivar
12-03-2007, 01:00 AM
i've had one of those games where you just get stuck before that battle.... i think everyone already adressed your prob though.

NeoCracker
12-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Actually, if you get all your characters with good speed, and they all jump, the enemies won't move on their turn.

So its not that you will get lucky and win, its that you were lucky all your guys were faster then Velios

knight-raze
02-15-2008, 07:42 PM
are yell and accumulate - focus and tail wind or something?
i was on the same problem but i just started a new game lol i could not even beat wiegraf im almost at wiegraf now lol trieing to get the ninja and samurai class first ;;

afro samurai
04-06-2008, 08:14 PM
don't be lazy start over

Momiji
04-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I had the same problem. If I remember right (and sorry if I don't, the last time I completed this game was around 3 years ago), I left Ramza as a Squire, equipped with the strongest weapon I had (which happened to be an axe) and used Jump to attack him from far away. I took Velius out in a couple of hits. ;)

Vivisteiner
04-08-2008, 05:25 PM
I used all 15 saves. So when I got stuck on Wiegraf I just went to an earlier save and made Ramza into a ninja. First blow back and Ramza does a critical hit, killing Wiegraf in one hit. Belias was then a piece of cake. I just took all his minions out. Once I did that, I was sustaining KO blows at such a slow rate I was able to pummel him to oblivion.

I found Esper battles easy because once you isolate them by taking out their minions they just cant keep up with a full party.

Oh yeah, and for those of you who havnt played the PSP version, Balthier is awesome. He's almost as good as Orlandeau.