PDA

View Full Version : Which member contols which Nobody?

jammi567
11-25-2007, 10:12 PM
As we know, there are ten Nobody types, and XIII members of the Organisation. so which member controlswhich Nobody?

Tavrobel
11-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Xemnas --> Sorceror
Xigbar --> Sniper
Xaldin --> Dragoon
Saïx --> Berserker
Axel--> Assassin
Demyx --> Dancer
Luxord --> Gambler
Roxas --> Samurai

Creeps and Dusks are simply cannon fodder. Technically, members higher up will have authority over the lesser-ranked members. Treat them like branches of the government; they have orders, but it's all in the family.

PuPu
11-25-2007, 10:46 PM
But what about Twilight Thorn?

jammi567
11-25-2007, 10:48 PM
I recon that was done by DiZ.

Tavrobel
11-26-2007, 02:23 AM
I recon that was done by DiZ.

Either that or it was part of the intrusions that DiZ was worried about (more specifically, the scene in which he is telling Riku that he will not be making a Beach setting, because it would give the Nobodies another entry point).

Either way is a plausible explanation, because it mirrors Sora's Darkside. lol entendre

Clawsze
11-26-2007, 07:39 AM
And Marluxia has that big thing at the end of CoM...£10 bet it's called a reaper for something like that.

Agent0042
11-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Just curious, but where does this information come from, if anyone? And who, if anyone, controls particular Nobodies once the original member that controlled them is offed?

Tavrobel
11-27-2007, 02:57 AM
Just curious, but where does this information come from, if anyone? And who, if anyone, controls particular Nobodies once the original member that controlled them is offed?

Most come from the character bios (Character Links), in Jiminy's Journal.

Most likely everyone else. Members in the Organization have free reign over everyno-one else that is not a ranked member, just that some reflect the abilities of others more accurately. For example, Snipers and Xigbar share the ability to shoot people in the face with a gun. Axel and Assassins share the ability to commit suicide. Named Nobody classes (such as Dragoon and Sniper) are considered high ranked; treat them like captains, and numbered members are generals. If someone is offed, then someone else will simply step in and take charge, or that duties are split evenly.

As explained before, higher numbered members seem to be able to push around those with lower numbers (like Lexaeus and Zexion in CoM). In one of the newer scenes in FM+, Xigbar is seen talking to Zexion and Vexen, mentioning that he had Lexaeus cover for him in recruiting members.

PuPu
11-28-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm still a little unsure if the numbers do signify how much power they have in OXIII by a few particular things:

1. In CoM, Vexen said that he, number IV, refused to take orders from Marluxia, who was number XI. Yet Marluxia was able to push him around. Though it may be because he was put in charge of Castle Oblivion, this brings up another question: Why would Xemnas give control of it to such a low ranked member; maybe rank might not matter so much?

2. In KHII, it seemed that Saix (who was ranked quite low at VII) had much more power than the other members because he always appeared in scenes with Xemnas (much more than any other member) which made me think that he possibly could have been Xemnas' right hand man. Not to mention that almost every other member had been sent to eliminate Sora before he had (Saix was the second to last OXIII member to die, before Xemnas). I would typically think that the weaker villains are sent to eliminate the main hero first, then the stronger ones after.

And Marluxia has that big thing at the end of CoM...£10 bet it's called a reaper for something like that.
I think I saw an interesting theory to that on KHinsider. It had a theory that Marluxia himself WAS the big "reaper" nobody, since every time his human form was defeated, it turned out to only be an "image."

Tavrobel
11-28-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm still a little unsure if the numbers do signify how much power they have in OXIII by a few particular things:

1. Why would Xemnas give control of it to such a low ranked member; maybe rank might not matter so much?

2. In KHII, it seemed that Saix (who was ranked quite low at VII) had much more power than the other members because he always appeared in scenes with Xemnas.

Not necessarily power, only technical authority; for example, Lexaeus and Zexion are way stronger than Xigbar and Xaldin. Larxene is weaker than Roxas (actually, most of them are weaker than Roxas). However, they technically do listen to each other, for Marluxia cites Xemnas' authority as head of Castle Oblivion. He threatens Vexen with saying that he would report Vexen's failure to Xemnas (which brings me to another point). Rank goes without saying, but there are so many ways around it, even in real life.

Who knows what Xemnas is thinking? We know he plays favorites, but Xemnas could have known about the coup (I work under the assumption that he knows way more than we would like to admit). Either way, mister-dancing-demon-moon-demon-man is the first of the non-original members. It would somewhat be obvious that he has some kind of favoritism amongst the newer members. The dynamic among members that can remember their time as Ansem's disciples is far different from those who came afterwards; for example, Xigbar, Vexen, and Zexion speak almost as though they were one the same level, but mister-dancing-demon-moon-demon-man (yes, I will call him that from now on, because I hate diaereses/umlauts) almost (almost, is the key word, here) hates Axel.

Although, I am loathe to apply personification to those un-who are only half a non-person.

As for the KHInsider theory, most Nobodies have some sort of humanoid form that can be recognized as a person (example, Dancers are clearly feminine, and Dragoons appear as a lightly armored mounted warrior would in the Middle-Ages if his armor were fused onto him). I find it difficult to believe that they would give him such a true form, especially because he appears as is in FM+'s battles. He also freaks out in the second form, and his body is still intact on the sprites. The third form in Re:CoM I'm not quite so sure about.