PDA

View Full Version : So You've been Nominated for a Ciddie...

Baloki
11-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Well, first off from the rest of the members may I sincerely wish you a giant Whoop-de-doo, but alas I digress from the real point of this thread.

So you've been Nominated for a Ciddie? But, I hear you cry, How do I get votes? Well here are a few pro-tips garnered from previous competitions.

1. The "Video Game Music / The Spirits Within" is a goldmine for key voters and also a great place to base a secret campaign headquarters. Not only is it considered one of the greatest forums within the hallowed halls of Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums (by all that matter anyways) but it has proved the major swing vote in every previous EoFF Election of note in previous years.

2. Private Messaging, otherwise known as inboard-e-mail, is usually a system associated with website advertising, sex romps (see Loony BoB (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/Members/LoonyBoB)) and less so now, spam. However Private Messaging allows for a more personalised way of campaigning because if someone recieves a pre-made private message with just the name altered and a loving message asking them to vote for you they actually believe you know who they are and care about your well being. If you would like to test how easy this system works PM the following members a PM with the phrase "Vote 4 m3 plz" in the content line and see the votes roll in:

* Rye
* The Ceej
* Loony BoB
* Lezza
* Flying Mullet
* Azar

3. The next option is of course that of usernotes, because as we know all the capitalistic pigdogs that visit this forum love aquiring the forum currency of Usernotes, beware though bribes of such manner have been looked down on previously as underhanded, but if you're really out to win this shouldn't matter. Also make sure every Usernote you leave consists of the following format, "Vote for me plz, 4-chan meme, signoff using your internet nick that's displayed next to the usernote.".

4. Finally, protip four for any campaign is use iRC (aka the chatroom, aka DON'T MENTION FINAL FANTASY :O!). Just whore yourself out on there for a few hours each day during the voting section of the Ciddies and Wolla, you've just gained the nerd vote of EoFF :)

Finally a few reminders of other methods you should already be employing, remember to whine on your Livejournal for people to vote for you and also to brag how many nominations you have received. Blackmail all your friends on your MSN list (using incriminating evidence you have obviously collected previously on them) to get them to vote for you. Finally remember a bribe to AG is a surefire way to pick up a last minute win on any Ciddie, it's like e-bay only more Ciddie-bay :o

Anyway, I hope this guide was of some use to you and remember, Del Murder is Elsie who is Qunea!

Edit: As a side note it is well known this competition is a popularity contest so don't forget to vote for yourself in anything your nominated in as well as voting RSL for anything your not nominated in :)

Cookie
11-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Rather than do all this, I'll just lose. I'm lazy like that. ^_^

Roto13
11-26-2007, 10:22 AM
I'll never win another Ciddie because the only talent I have is slightly organized spamming, which means I'm not good enough for Best Spammer, but I'm still mildly entertaining. That means the only Ciddies I qualify for are Best Male and Best (insert class here.) Since 90% of people on the internet are male, the odds are against me there, and since I no longer qualify as a "Regular", my only hope would be Best Veteran, and the other Veterans are worshipped like gods for reasons unknown.

Oh, well. The two Best Regular Ciddies I have will keep me happy forever. :P

Baloki
11-26-2007, 10:29 AM
I'll never win another Ciddie because the only talent I have is slightly organized spamming, which means I'm not good enough for Best Spammer, but I'm still mildly entertaining. That means the only Ciddies I qualify for are Best Male and Best (insert class here.) Since 90% of people on the internet are male, the odds are against me there, and since I no longer qualify as a "Regular", my only hope would be Best Veteran, and the other Veterans are worshipped like gods for reasons unknown.

Oh, well. The two Best Regular Ciddies I have will keep me happy forever. :P

We all know your the girl in your relationship :p

Captain Maxx Power
11-26-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't know if I'd win or not. I'd hope all the super awesome people round here will be super awesome enough to vote for super awesome me. It'll be really nice though if I can beat my previous record of one.

Baloki
11-26-2007, 11:27 AM
I don't know if I'd win or not. I'd hope all the super awesome people round here will be super awesome enough to vote for super awesome me. It'll be really nice though if I can beat my previous record of one.

If you follow this cheatsheet guide your bound to win and impress all your friends.

Markus. D
11-26-2007, 11:29 AM
I'd probably win Most Underwhelming.

Moving along...

Old Manus
11-26-2007, 11:35 AM
You forgot to put in 'Make about two hundred threads with similar names and try to apply a relevant topic to each of them so they don't get closed'.

Heath
11-26-2007, 11:39 AM
You forgot to put in 'Make about two hundred threads with similar names and try to apply a relevant topic to each of them so they don't get closed'.

xD Oh Manus, you and your jokes.

Great postm Baloki. I'm intending to run for parliament at some point so I'll just need to make sure that #eoff is a constituency and I'm set.

Rye
11-26-2007, 11:45 AM

:kaolove:

Baloki
11-26-2007, 11:52 AM

That only works if your Rye and JoJo, I got banned for doing that :cry:

Peegee
11-26-2007, 11:54 AM
protip: vote Jojo for best asian.

Goldenboko
11-26-2007, 11:57 AM

Oh it looks like I don't have to do anything this year then considering I think I made about 500 topics over the summer that for some reason or another didn't get closed. *Sits back and starts whistling*

Madame Adequate
11-26-2007, 12:13 PM

That only works if your Rye and JoJo, I got banned for doing that :cry:

And I got yelled at for joining in. :(

The ciddie I won once, I did without trying. :jess:

Baloki
11-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Every Ciddie I've ever won was because people voted for me out of spite :o

Bunny
11-26-2007, 01:52 PM
I win because I am awesome.

cloud21zidane16
11-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Good tips:D

theundeadhero
11-26-2007, 03:19 PM
I have never followed any of this advice. Perhaps that is why I usually get nominated but rarely win. Thanks Baloki! I'll send you a dollar on paypal for every ciddie I win.

Griff
11-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Rather than try to win, I instead choose to just cry myself to sleep at night wating to find out that I was last place in the voting. I won't win either way, no one knows who I am except GB and VTG.

Aerith's Knight
11-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Rather than try to win, I instead choose to just cry myself to sleep at night wating to find out that I was last place in the voting. I won't win either way, no one knows who I am except GB and VTG.

a positive outlook on a lose-lose situation :moomba:

:choc2:

escobert
11-26-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm too cool for ciddies.

Goldenboko
11-26-2007, 06:40 PM

I voted for yo-

Oh wait, crap...
;o

Shauna
11-26-2007, 06:49 PM

I know who you are! Wait, no... That was Gruff. Nevermind.