PDA

View Full Version : Anime or Manga???????

qwertysaur
11-27-2007, 02:46 AM
Which do yo prefer more?

I prefer to read manga, the original is great, and no filler.:)

escobert
11-27-2007, 03:44 AM
Anime.

LunarWeaver
11-27-2007, 04:05 AM
I go for the anime if it looks alright n' such.

Vermachtnis
11-27-2007, 04:20 AM
Manga, because it's the author's true stuff and doesn't really go through as much as the anime goes through. Plus all the bonus stuff in the back.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-27-2007, 04:52 AM
Depends really. I read a lot of BL manga since most BL anime suck. Manga in general is closer to the author's true intent thus it is nice to read but I enjoy the anime just as much.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-27-2007, 06:07 AM
Generally manga is first and better done, but I will say that if its a faithful translation, anime is awesome.

Araciel
11-27-2007, 09:24 AM
I can't read so anime...wait...only if it's dubbed.

Roto13
11-27-2007, 09:33 AM
I like them both. :P When I was reading the Death Note manga, it went at my own pace. When something really interesting was happening, I read it quickly because I was excited. When watching the anime, it was a lot more dramatic and flashier. So yeah. Both anime and manga.

NeoCracker
11-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Anime, because I don't want to read as much. And even Subbed the ACtion tends to go better. (Mind you, there are definite exceptions).

I don't see the difference most of the time with this whole "Closer to the Authors intent". For one, look at Naruto. I have both watched the Anime and Read the Manga up to the Time Skip, and aside from filler its the same damn thing.

Can't vouch for bleach though.

Exceptions include, of course, Love Hina. Noteabley different the anime and Manga are. Same with D.N.Angel.

However, different hardley determines what is worse. Its just different. If most people stop comparing it to the MAnga when such things happen, of course they will likely think the Manga is better because the anime changed things they enjoyed. They don't always give it a chance. Not true in all cases of course, but it annoys me when people just pass of anime because of that.

Roto's reason for being able to go at your own pace, however, is perfectly fine. You can't exactly alter the speed of an anime and get the same effect.

Gennosuke
11-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Can't vouch for bleach though.

Bleach is also a really good Anime, really close to Manga.

But for me its Manga all the way, Anime is ok but i prefer to read than watch sometimes the Anime is so bad[[Love Hina(The Manga Is Amazing:love: ]] that its makes me want to cry!!!

NeoCracker
11-27-2007, 11:19 AM
I meant I couldn't vouch for the differences. I quite love the anime.

And I like the Love hina anime :(

Mirage
11-27-2007, 11:42 AM
So i can't like both for different reasons? Oh well.

Jessweeee♪
11-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I prefer anime, especially with action series!

Though there's animes like Fruits Basket that are only a fraction of the story, so I have to read the manga ; ;

Vermachtnis
11-27-2007, 04:29 PM
I prefer anime, especially with action series!

Though there's animes like Fruits Basket that are only a fraction of the story, so I have to read the manga ; ;

Flame of Recca and Rave Master also do that. At least Flame of Recca anime got halfway, unlike Rave Master that started a new arc and just quit.

rubah
11-28-2007, 12:21 AM
manga have more existential tangents so they get kinda dull after a while.

unless it's kimagure orange road.

scrumpleberry
11-28-2007, 12:24 AM
i'd say manga and graphic novels. I get bored of anime sometimes. I only watch very short animes (fruits basket is the only anime i've finished XD watching azumanga daioh, tried out 8 episodes of sailor moon and only 1 of FMA and got a bit bored)

I like good anime movies.

Aerith's Knight
11-28-2007, 12:27 AM
anime.. hands down.. i really enjoyed anime in my younger years.. never read any manga though

Momiji
11-28-2007, 01:01 AM
Anime's definitely more accessible for me. Manga's just a little harder to get thanks to my lack of money and the local library's selection is limited. However, I personally think you need both the anime and the manga to get the full story.

For example, the Chobits anime is fantastic, but there are some parts of the story that aren't explained. I'm reading through the Chobits manga (just finished book 2), and there are some parts that are in the manga that aren't in the anime, and some parts in the anime that aren't in the manga. Therefore, I think the best way is to read and watch both. ^_^

Brennan
11-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Manga, it seemes more of what the author thought

~*~Celes~*~
11-28-2007, 01:43 AM
Both...like PP said, there are some things explained in Manga that aren't in the anime itself.

In the case of, say, Sailor Moon, I prefer the anime. The manga was pretty hard for me to follow >.>

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-28-2007, 02:26 AM
Both...like PP said, there are some things explained in Manga that aren't in the anime itself.

In the case of, say, Sailor Moon, I prefer the anime. The manga was pretty hard for me to follow >.>
BLASPHEMER! The manga explains a lot of what goes on in the Sailor Moon universe as well as not having those tons of fillers.

The plot is much more evolved in the manga going deeply into the nature of the universe and about Galaxia herself. Definitely a lot of more information about Zero Star Sagittarius and the Galaxy Cauldron.

JKTrix
11-29-2007, 03:05 AM
Anime. Especially ones that aren't based off of freaking Shounen manga. I'm biased towards original anime, even if a chunk of my faves are adaptations.

Pouring Rain
11-29-2007, 03:10 AM
Manga, no doubt.

Madame Adequate
11-29-2007, 03:10 AM
Graphic novels. Watchmen ftw.

Of the main two options, I tend to prefer anime.

Tavrobel
11-29-2007, 03:16 AM
Frankly, anime is easier to obtain, since when torrented/Youtubed, it's free. Of course, I've found that manga is usually better. Not to say that it's a foolproof observation.