PDA

View Full Version : Not Exclusive To Grapefruits (Or That's The Same Color As My Favorite Shirt)

The Ceej
11-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Everybody knows and accepts that grapefruits come in both yellow and pink. However, whenever I bring up pink lemons, people will deny they exist. I respond with, "What do you think they use to make pink lemonade?" to which they respond some quote containing the usage of food coloring. Why are people so stupid as to deny that lemons come in pink? Don't believe me? Take a look:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/hi1fan/PinkLemons.gif
There. Some pink lemons. It only makes sense that lemons would come in pink if grapefruits do, anyway. I saw my first pink lemon when I was nine or ten years old, yet some 90-year-olds have never seen one.

So, topic is this:
Are there any completely obvious truths that you know that everyone to whom you ever speak denies or accuses you of lying or being stupid when you bring it up? You know. Stuff that you thought everyone knew, but it turned out everyone but you denies.

Jojee
11-27-2007, 06:12 AM
That looks more like a pale orange to me :p

Araciel
11-27-2007, 06:14 AM
No, everyone knows my word is law.

blackmage_nuke
11-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Back in 7th grade people use to ask me what math class i was in and i said maths 1 (the highest) and they were always like "no way" or "prove it". I dont know why everyone thought i was so dumb

and many a time have i come across a situation where someone says
"Have you ever heard [insert band or song name]?"
and i say no, and theyre like "really?"
Tis anoying

Vincent, Thunder God
11-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Everyone knows that they use the so-called "bad" words all the time, yet have a bizarre obsession with pretending they don't and censoring them. Why?

Heath
11-27-2007, 11:26 AM
When I tell people I'm from Liverpool they rarely believe me and people have actually asked me to prove it on a couple of occasions. One of the reasons I really hate my inexplicably snobby and distinctly non-Liverpudlian voice.

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 12:47 PM
i thought time wasnt a physical phenomenom but made up by people until i was 14.. thats when i read quantum physics..

The Ceej
11-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Everyone knows that they use the so-called "bad" words all the time, yet have a bizarre obsession with pretending they don't and censoring them. Why?

I don't know. When I was going around to different churches, trying to figure out what I believe, I went to this Baptist church where my neighbor is the pastor. They all said such words as, "drat," all the time. However, I said, "ass" once (and not even at the church) in front of them and they said, "we don't cuss at this church." I looked around and responded, "First of all, this isn't a church. This is a restaurant. Second, you do cuss. You say drat which is the same as when I say damn. You mean the same thing, therefore one can't be cussing and the other perfectly fine. Either they're both cussing or neither is."

And this will return me to the argument that there is no profanity and that's a whole nother thread.

That looks more like a pale orange to me

First of all, it's obvious they're lemons. Oranges are round. Second, if you need a better pic to tell they're pink, I can find one. Pink lemons are real. This pic just doesn't have the best lighting.

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 08:32 PM
i really have to say now.. WHO CARES IF THERE ARE PINK LEMONS

i can hardly drink normal lemonade.. let alone if your gonna make it pink

couldnt you have picked a better example Ceej?

Roto13
11-27-2007, 08:33 PM
So, topic is this:
Are there any completely obvious truths that you know that everyone to whom you ever speak denies or accuses you of lying or being stupid when you bring it up? You know. Stuff that you thought everyone knew, but it turned out everyone but you denies.

... That sounds quite a bit like paranoia.

Peegee
11-27-2007, 08:35 PM
In high school we played hangman and nobody acknowledged that 'Hallowe'en' was a legitimate spelling of 'Halloween'

In fact firebox is telling me that hallowe'en ain't a word.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-28-2007, 02:58 AM

I don't know. When I was going around to different churches, trying to figure out what I believe, I went to this Baptist church where my neighbor is the pastor. They all said such words as, "drat," all the time. However, I said, "ass" once (and not even at the church) in front of them and they said, "we don't cuss at this church." I looked around and responded, "First of all, this isn't a church. This is a restaurant. Second, you do cuss. You say drat which is the same as when I say damn. You mean the same thing, therefore one can't be cussing and the other perfectly fine. Either they're both cussing or neither is."

And this will return me to the argument that there is no profanity and that's a whole nother thread.

Yeah, true enough, thinking certain words are any more damaging then others is silly, and I think you were right to say that they meant the exact same thing by saying "drat" rather than "damn", though I do think the label profanity would be more relevant to any usage of those words that deliberately tries to offend. I think it's silly to be offended by those words in the first place, but still, some are, and if you're really trying to use that to insult people, then perhaps it's "profane." Still, you weren't trying to offend anyone, so I see no problem with the use of those words in general. As Frank Zappa says, sometimes it's easier to get your point across when you DO use them.

Momiji
11-28-2007, 03:36 AM
Oooh! Where can I get some pink lemons? ^^

The Ceej
11-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Oooh! Where can I get some pink lemons? ^^

From the store. That's where I get mine.

EDIT: Though people believe me about that as much as they do when I tell them I get my $2 bills from the bank.

Chemical
11-28-2007, 11:13 AM
pink is so yesterday
blue is the new pink
blue lemons for everyone!
yeah!

Fonzie
11-28-2007, 01:52 PM
People always stare at me when I pull out my crack pipe in a restaurant.

Jealous.

Aerith's Knight
11-28-2007, 02:53 PM
People always stare at me when I pull out my crack pipe in a restaurant.

Jealous.

a restaurant is a fancy place.. so take your water pipe instead

Jimsour
11-28-2007, 02:56 PM
I've never saw a grapefruit nevermind a pink one.

I have saw purple carrots though.

Chemical
11-28-2007, 05:17 PM
I've never saw a grapefruit nevermind a pink one.

I have saw purple carrots though.

I don't recommend sawing either carrots or grapefruits - it's a little excessive and messy... a simple parry knife should suffice.

The Ceej
11-28-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't know about that. After cutting the carrots with a paring knife for the relish tray for Thankgiving, I really wish I had a saw. Those little bastards don't want to be cut.

Aerith's Knight
11-28-2007, 07:21 PM
I don't know about that. After cutting the carrots with a paring knife for the relish tray for Thankgiving, I really wish I had a saw. Those little bastards don't want to be cut.

take the example that bunnies give us .. just pick em up and eat them.. and if you get really desperate.. use a rasp