PDA

View Full Version : I Have Beat FFX Should I Buy This Game

ASSAD101
11-27-2007, 06:25 AM
i am just asking is it worth buying this game and how much australian $ does it cost and also can someone plz give me a good reason to buy it if you think it is worth buying

XxSephirothxX
11-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Well, that depends. Do you like fun videogames? If you like fun videogames, then you should buy Final Fantasy X-2. Most people rail on it for story, which is fine, except FFX wasn't all that hot anyway, and X-2 is a lot more fun.

Gennosuke
11-27-2007, 11:03 AM
DO NOT buy this game. It sucks soooooooo bad that just thinking about it makes me want to vomit, seriously i hate this game, it shouldn't be allowed to be associated with the Final Fantasy franchise.

Marshall Banana
11-27-2007, 11:09 AM
It's cute and bouncy! There's no reason for you not to immerse yourself in it.

The Ceej
11-27-2007, 08:51 PM
You're going to get people telling you both sides of it. Some will say it's good, others will say it sucks. In my opinion, it was a decent game, but not without its flaws. However, you can't go on my opinion or anyone else's. You are your own person. Buy the game and play it. Then tell us what you thought about it. It's not like it's going to cost you that much money at this point. In America, you can get it used for $12, so you can probably get it for a similar price in Australia.

Jessweeee♪
11-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Exactly what Ceejy said! Don't decide whether it's worth buying or not based on our opinions :p

Here's some helpful information:

1. It is different from FFX. Very. Very. Different. :Oo:
2. The battle system is one of the fastest in the series.
3. Most of the game is sidequests, which you must complete to get a special ending.
4. If you DO buy this game, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PICK UP A GUIDE WITH IT! You must get a 100% for the best ending, and it is very very easy to miss things!

Like I said, the game is very different from FFX. When my brother and I first saw the opening we were like, o.O

leader of mortals
11-28-2007, 01:07 AM
it has fun battles(very fun) and not so great a story

Markus. D
11-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Amazing Gameplay.

and cute story.

About 50Aud Platinum ;]

BG-57
11-29-2007, 12:16 PM
A good game. Could have been a great game if it had an original storyline instead of continuing the story of FFX, which ended on a perfect note. Returning characters are a disappointment but some really neat new characters.

The gameplay is great. Job system is flexible, which is my preference. Some fun mini-games and neat abilities. Includes some nifty databases of people and Fiends. New Game+ is such a wonderful feature. Pity that the makers don't risk using it in their main FF titles.

So if you're willing to overlook the flaws in plot and concentrate on the gameplay, it's worth your time and money. If not, not.

Ace14
11-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Pretty much what BG-57 said, its a good game but it has flaws but like really what games don't have flaws? ...I love this game by the way! :kaoclove:

Momiji
11-30-2007, 02:35 AM
i am just asking is it worth buying this game and how much australian $ does it cost and also can someone plz give me a good reason to buy it if you think it is worth buying

Is it fun? Yes.
Is the job class system creative? Yes.
Is the storyline good? No, not at all.
Is it cute? Yes.
Is it funny? It tries to be.

All in all, I didn't care for the game, even if it was cute and fun. The storyline is a major negative for me.

Your call, either way.

Venom65437
11-30-2007, 04:21 AM
It's an okay game for all the different reasons already mentioned. Look, it's cheap enough so just get it, if you don't like it you'll be out less than $20...

ASSAD101
11-30-2007, 05:58 AM
thanks guys i have decided im gonna buy it since it is cheap will i be playing it for a long time or just like 2 weeks or something?

BG-57
11-30-2007, 12:27 PM
If you're just aiming to beat the game then yes. With sidequests and Blitzball and New Game+ and 100% game completion expect to take a lot longer.

Venom65437
11-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Well I don't know how long you play a day, but either way shouldn't take you TOO long...

demondude
11-30-2007, 07:15 PM
It takes a while actually.

Yar
11-30-2007, 08:18 PM
People complain about a lot of these with this game, but I really enjoyed it.

Fun game: Yes, indeed. VERY addictive with all of its quirks.
Job System: Good system. Ability to change jobs mid battle and to choose what abilities to learn? What's not to love?
Battle System: My favorite ATB system, and system overall. Fast paced, especially when cranked at max speed.
Story: Not a great story, but that may be because the game is non linear also. If I was worried about story number one, I would've bought a book instead. However, I'd rather play this fun game.
Difficulty: Varies, depending on how much or little you do.

Someone mentioned it was about $12 used? Hell, I've found it at Best Buy for $12 new!

No.78
11-30-2007, 10:27 PM
YOU BUY IT

Roto13
11-30-2007, 11:12 PM
For me, the only problems were the amount of backtracking (you'll basically be going over the entire FF X world over and over and over again with a few little new places here and there) and the story/atmosphere (Yuna is a pop star and that sucks) but since I don't care about the story so much, I still enjoyed the game. The battle and job systems are awesome.

Jessweeee♪
12-01-2007, 04:44 AM
thanks guys i have decided im gonna buy it since it is cheap will i be playing it for a long time or just like 2 weeks or something?

WEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL....it really depends...you'll see what I mean when you've been playing for a bit.

If you just jump from hotspot to hotspot, then do a bit of leveling up and defeat the final boss, that shouldn't take you long at all.

...but if you aim for 100% or specific scenes (and the actions you take in the game GREATLY effects how the story goes), then it'll take awhile!

Markus. D
12-01-2007, 09:12 AM
The content included can easilly last 50 hours.

However you can power through it about 10 hours if you decide to miss everything :3

Christmas
12-04-2007, 04:03 PM
HELL YES, BUY IT.

ASSAD101
12-07-2007, 04:32 AM
$12 what shop? cheapest ive seen is $60 in EB Games

The Ceej
12-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Someone switched the prices on you.

At EB, used, it's $14. At GameStop, used, it's $12. Which confuses me because they're owned by the same parent company.

Markus. D
12-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Everything seems to be a little more pricey at EB for some reason :(...

Sam250
12-09-2007, 06:47 PM
I got it for £10 (English) second hand. Which isn't bad.

If you can put up with all the sickening girly colourfulness and the complete reversal of practically everything from FF:X, then you'll love it.

But, let me warn you, Final Fantasy X2 is about as far apart from X as a sequal can be- everything from the characters to the battle system to the way you progress.

Cyric
03-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Like I said, the game is very different from FFX. When my brother and I first saw the opening we were like, o.O

When I saw the opening (particularly Rikku) I was like http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/dogs/dogs_238.gif

But seriously, it depends on how you felt about the ending of FFX. If you felt your emotions tugging, then I'd recommend this game, yes and suggest you try for the 100% completion and the "Perfect Ending."