PDA

View Full Version : For Your Consideration

Rase
11-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I know I kept calling it FYI. I'm stupid.

Anyway, this is really sad at the moment, but it could vastly improve if nominees would send in their pieces. As it is, here is what I've gotten. Hopefully by the next Ciddies we will have a better method for doing this planned, because this is just not very effective.

Best Writer
GoldenBoko
1.) EoFF Playin' II (http://forums.eyesonff.com/writers-corner/105580-eoff-playin-ii.html)
2.) Shades of Life (http://forums.eyesonff.com/writers-corner/106544-s-shades-life.html)
3.) Squall and Rinoa Playin' II (http://forums.eyesonff.com/writers-corner/104220-squall-rinoa-playin-season-ii.html)
4.) My Piece to Owen Macwere (http://forums.eyesonff.com/writers-corner/106996-p-my-piece-owen-macwere.html)

Behold the Void
1.) Villian Grand Tournament (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/108372-villain-grand-tournament.html)

Best Poet
rubah
1.)The Nobility of Youth (http://forums.eyesonff.com/writers-corner/110111-nobility-youth-how-fall-asleep.html)

Best Artist

Best Graphic Designer

Jojee
11-27-2007, 09:06 AM
I think most people have sent in their votes already. :3

NeoCracker
11-27-2007, 09:12 AM
I Haven't ^_^

Rase
11-27-2007, 09:57 AM
I think most people have sent in their votes already. :3
As do I. However, I told BoB AG that I would do this, and by God I'm a man of my word. Even if it sucks and is of no use I shall do the best I can with it. I just hope we can work something out before the Summer '08 Ciddies that would make this more useful. In my opinion it is a fine idea (which is why I stick with it), it just needs a better execution.

Miriel
11-27-2007, 10:09 AM
People can always change their votes if they want. If people are too lazy to send something particular in to be considered, I say you just pick for them. :p

Breine
11-27-2007, 11:22 AM
It's a shame that this wasn't made earlier when people hadn't voted yet because it's simply a brilliant idea. I hope this will be able to be more planned next year, as you said Rase.

Queen Award, First of Her Name
11-27-2007, 11:50 AM
It's a shame only one person got involved, but power to them for the free advertising this thread will give them. :p Maybe next year we'll just have to go hunt down some work they've done inside the last six months and throw it together.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-27-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm glad something like this will help me in my voting, though so far only Goldenboko's there and I was already convinced that I'd be voting for him. Come on other writers, if you want my vote give Rase some more links, I'm too lazy to hunt down your stories, sorry.

Levian
11-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I know I kept calling it FYI. I'm stupid.

Haha yeah, I noticed that :D

Avarice-ness
11-27-2007, 02:49 PM
I think that the For Your Consideration thread should be made during nominations, just for the sole reason I tend to forget to care to make threads in the art forum, yet I have no problem sending in the art for this thread, due to that though, I didn't get nominated.

Not to mention it may help artists who just put their art in the gallery be able to show their work in the General chat which most people roam by default. And there's -alot- more artists in the gallery than on the artist forum. Then there could be a showcase of potential art to get the artist nominated, instead of one to get the votes. If the artist got nominated because people know what their recent art is ahead of time, then the voting would prolly go just as easy.

Just a thought. :razz:

Loony BoB
11-27-2007, 03:03 PM
The FYC thread sort-of is made during nominations, and the six months before it - it's the entirity of the Artist/Writer forums and subforums. Obviously if you're going to make it without knowing who the finalists are then every person has the right for every one of their threads to be linked within the FYC thread at that point... which means you're basically just recreating the Art/Writing forums. D=

Goldenboko
11-27-2007, 03:13 PM
IMO nominations for Best Writer, Poet, etc should be done 1 week in advance so this could be organized by the time all the others are done.

Jess
11-27-2007, 03:13 PM
This is good idea Rase. I usually find these the hardest to vote for. :)

Maybe next year we'll just have to go hunt down some work they've done inside the last six months and throw it together.
I think this is a good idea, too, because otherwise they may not send in any of their work. :jess:

Rase
11-27-2007, 03:45 PM
If people are too lazy to send something particular in to be considered, I say you just pick for them. :p

Maybe next year we'll just have to go hunt down some work they've done inside the last six months and throw it together.
Yeah see, I'm pretty sure I did that for the first time we had one (Winter '06), and it ended up with the majority of people asking for changes or just complaining about my choices (see: Raistlin). Plus this year I was simply too busy to deal with doing that, what with this being my first semester of college and therefore me being buried in schoolwork/busy with social stuff. If you guys want to I'm fine with that though. :)

This is good idea Rase. I usually find these the hardest to vote for. :)
I'm fairly certain the initial idea was Miriel's, I just handle the implementation (or lack thereof).

Alright, so here's something I've been thinking of suggesting as far as making this work better. It would involve making the Ciddies last a little longer, but if we want this to work as well as it can I think it's makes the most sense. Basically, after revealing the nominees to vote for have a period (anywhere from like two to five days) where people can't vote. For one thing this may cause people to put more thought into their votes. Mainly though it would allow me to send out PM's to each nominee and ask them to pick the pieces, then give them some time to compile it. If the majority did this I wouldn't mind gathering work for the remaining say, 25% of the nominees or whatever. I got this idea mainly from when DK posted the EoY stuff but said he wasn't taking any entries for five days or something. Of course there are cons and perspective cons to this idea, but just throwing it out there. Another option would be simply making people much more aware of it by having AG mention it in the initial nomination post, and maybe including something about anyone who may be nominated to have a list of things they want included ready should they be nominated.

Loony BoB
11-27-2007, 03:53 PM
I think we should automatically select their three most recent threads UNLESS they bother to PM you. I might be okay with closing up nominations for the four particular Ciddies that are mentioned a day or two early, while leaving the other Ciddies open for nominations... hmm. Not sure. Keep the ideas and thoughts coming in, though, everyone.

Rase
11-27-2007, 04:06 PM
I think it'd be better to either suspend all the nominations or none then, rather than just those ones. Then you would likely have people forgetting to go back and vote for them once they could. I'm sure that if we promoted the idea of anyone who's active and has submitted things to those forums (or the gallery) having a Top (up to 5) List ready to show of should they be nominated from the very beginning of the Ciddies things would go much more smoothly also.

Loony BoB
11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm not keen at all on the idea of breaking up the Ciddies to have five days for this reason - hell, I could probably figure out a way to set up a post with a link to every thread they've made in respective forums within a few hours if I had to.

People are too impatient and it would disrupt the flow of the event.

rubah
11-27-2007, 04:54 PM
why didn't you put one of these threads in gc? :p I was wondering why you weren't doing this this go-round.

Avarice-ness
11-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Also, isn't there a date cut-off? 'Cause Black Orbs most recent picture is May 1st, 2007.

I really do like the idea of using the last three pictures personally because not only does it promote gallery use, but in most occasions the last three pictures are usually the one's more treasured by the artists. I know my last three are my own favorites.

BoBoBoBo~: When you do the nominations thread, why don't you just have a link next to the "BEST ARTIST" choice linking to the Artist Gallery. Basically like how you have the link to the people who've won ciddies, 'cept it would link to the art gallery. It would not only allow more people to actually notice the gallery (Because there are some -awesome- unknown artists in there who don't post in the Artist forum) but it may also make it easier and more convientent for the people who -really- want to nominate the people who they feel fit for the ciddie.

Loony BoB
11-27-2007, 08:47 PM
If artists made use of the Artist's Gallery more effectively that would be such an awesome idea. They'd have all their art in one place. But they don't so :(

Goldenboko
11-27-2007, 08:52 PM
If artists made use of the Artist's Gallery more effectively that would be such an awesome idea. They'd have all their art in one place. But they don't so :(

Wait a tic. We have an artist gallery, but why don't we have something like that for Writing?

Rase
11-27-2007, 09:18 PM
EoFF Library perhaps? :)

Goldenboko
11-27-2007, 09:20 PM
EoFF Library perhaps? :)

Indeed, I think I'll work on that idea for a suggestion :D

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 09:25 PM
EoFF fanfiction/fanart?

Momiji
11-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Oh my, I haven't submitted anything yet! I totally forgot. I'll PM my submissions ASAP, Rase.

Queen Award, First of Her Name
11-28-2007, 10:40 AM

Wait a tic. We have an artist gallery, but why don't we have something like that for Writing?
My guess would be something along the lines of...
1) Lack of software for it. Gallery software is abundant, Fanfic software not so much.
2) The fact that people who do writing tend to not submit completed works but rather like to post by chapters etc. The gallery only allows for completed works (obviously).