PDA

View Full Version : Actually, no.

Madame Adequate
11-27-2007, 11:17 AM
That other thread wasn't spamwhoring for Ciddies. It would have gone down just like that three months from now.

Have you ever been misunderstood? Does it annoy you? Does it annoy you when you know that people won't care what you say and will continue to presume their presumptions despite your protestations? :monster: Discuss these vital issues.

Rye
11-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Yes! I actually get that quite often. Like when you break up with someone, but don't explain the reason to the public to be kind, like I did a few months ago, that persons friends, who you thought were your friends too, all turn against you because they think you're a bitch or a cheater!

Honestly, I just grin and bear it, you know? :bigsmile:

Cookie
11-27-2007, 11:48 AM
I've been misunderstood lots of times, I don't really get annoyed though, I just try to elaborate or whatever if it's important, or let it slide if it isn't. It can be annoying if people don't care what you're saying and continue to presume their presumptions or however you put it, but I've found that people like that aren't usually worth me speaking to in the first place.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah I tend to be misunderstood sometimes, usually when it comes to how I respond at attempts at humor, but I really don't get too upset about it unless it's a really important issue to me. I've been misunderstood a lot about the Revolution, and I tried to explain, but that only seemed to make things worse, so I'm on something of a hiatus from it.

Queen Award, First of Her Name
11-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Totally. Whenever I post somewhere, people just assume it's to try to encourage people to vote in the Ciddies, especially when the finalists have been revealed and the clock is ticking to get your votes in! It's an outrage and I just wish people would take me more seriously.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-27-2007, 12:04 PM
^ lols at award guy

Bunny
11-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah, people misunderstand me all the time. All thinking I'm a decent human being and whatnot.

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 12:44 PM
people thinking im even a human.. when actually i am a space alien from glargon 5 that just looks the same and isnt anatomically different

Psychotic
11-27-2007, 01:15 PM
people thinking im even a human.. when actually i am a space alien from glargon 5 that just looks the same and isnt anatomically differentyou are one very strange person my coocoo friend

*quietly backs away from the crazy person*

OWAAAHHHH!!!

Source. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2362328-post47.html)

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 01:27 PM
people thinking im even a human.. when actually i am a space alien from glargon 5 that just looks the same and isnt anatomically differentyou are one very strange person my coocoo friend

*quietly backs away from the crazy person*

OWAAAHHHH!!!

Source. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2362328-post47.html)

i think ive heard that before.. the one who made that up must be wise, strong and a natural leader :p

41-Inches-Wide
11-27-2007, 01:34 PM
I've always been misunderstood. I'm just a toaster.

theundeadhero
11-27-2007, 01:48 PM
The whole thread started as a look how stuck Goldenboko is on Leen-Leen and then turned into a lovers spat between Mr Milf and Bunny. Whether it was intentional or not, it was spamwhoring Gobo-Leeny cutest couple and turned into Milf-Bunny most likely to get together.

Blame timing if you want to.

Bunny
11-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I guess that is one incorrect way to look at it.

Captain Maxx Power
11-27-2007, 03:10 PM
It doesn't matter to me anyway because the cretins around here barely take any notice of the sheer unmitigated genius that spews forth from my every orifice to misunderstand me. Heck, I could probably keep calling these cretins cretins and none of these cretins would take a blind bit of notice. You watch, these cretins'll say nothing as per. Bloody cretins.

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 03:21 PM
It doesn't matter to me anyway because the cretins around here barely take any notice of the sheer unmitigated genius that spews forth from my every orifice to misunderstand me. Heck, I could probably keep calling these cretins cretins and none of these cretins would take a blind bit of notice. You watch, these cretins'll say nothing as per. Bloody cretins.

*throws rock at Captain Maxx Power*

Old Manus
11-27-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm as sick of this EoFF couplewhoring in every thread as tuh, and everyone else, is.

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 03:26 PM
maybe me.. but ive seen very little of this

maybe you all should ask yourself if your being a dramaqueen

Jess
11-27-2007, 03:29 PM
If I'm misunderstood, I'll just try and explain myself. If I'm still misunderstood, I'll just give it up because otherwise I'll just get frustrated.

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 03:34 PM
If I'm misunderstood, I'll just try and explain myself. If I'm still misunderstood, I'll just give it up because otherwise I'll just get frustrated.

oh oh :eek:

*gives Jess a backrub*

not frustrated anymore?.. so you wont kill us all?

Jojee
11-27-2007, 04:16 PM
It happens :p Rye's situation describes one misunderstanding pretty well!

Also I don't know why people keep assuming I'm asian/female :rolleyes2

Quindiana Jones
11-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Yes. Sweet God yes. This is easily going to be the most EMO thing I've ever said, but no one understands me. Bastards, I hate them for it.

Peegee
11-27-2007, 07:05 PM
I don't misunderstand people. It's my mission in life to be universally accepting. If God doesn't exist (and I don't believe God does), that doesn't stop me from trying to emulate the good that we invent into God.

Seriously though, I don't misunderstand people purposefully.

As for being misunderstood, it may happen. Often due to my silence or inaction, so I don't worry about it.

Denmark
11-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah, and it usually plays out similar to Ashi's situation.

The Ceej
11-27-2007, 08:03 PM
I think the majority of us here will be misunderstood by the majority of people as a whole. The average IQ here is much higher than the average IQ of general society, so it's almost guaranteed.

Yeah. I don't even understand myself a lot of the time, so I how can expect others to understand me? Until I work out that part of my life.... Well, whatever.

And people often here me say thing I never said. I think they have in mind what they want to hear me say just so they can plan an argument for it. It doesn't matter what I say, they'll hear what they want, argue with it, and blame me for the argument. This gets on my smurfing nerves, but I guess it's part of being misunderstood.

Nominus Experse
11-27-2007, 08:06 PM
I am misunderstood from time to time, though it usually occurs when I speaking to someone else who is not prepared to engage in a conversation where people speak so bluntly as I.

LunarWeaver
11-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I get misunderstood because I'm suuuper shy offline (and sometimes on) and get really anxious around people, and it makes me come off as mean. So later I attempt to explain that I wasn't trying to be a whoreface and was only nervous, but they always think I wasn't talking to them because I'm a jerk anyway. ;_;

PyroManiak
11-27-2007, 08:46 PM
It's happened to me in these very forums many times, more specifically in EoY threads. Literally 1/2 of the posts I make here are misunderstood and I think it has something to do with how EoFF'rs have so much faith in their assumptions. and I'd appreciate it very much if from now on you guys would say something liek "I'm assuming that.... So, ....". So that it would be easy for me to be understood, because most likely whatever your assuming is wrong and I can point it out as the the cause for the misunderstanding. For example, alot of times people assume that I'm bieng serious and alot of times people assume I'm joking neither of those are very smart assumptions. Also, whenever one person make a misunderstanding everyone sort of bands with it and gangs up on me. =[

Yamaneko
11-27-2007, 08:51 PM
I am what people think I am. As long as they're working within a framework of truths and facts, who I think I am is irrelevant to what others think I am. Promoting a self-image is really just selfish.

PyroManiak
11-27-2007, 09:02 PM
I get misunderstood because I'm suuuper shy offline (and sometimes on) and get really anxious around people, and it makes me come off as mean. So later I attempt to explain that I wasn't trying to be a whoreface and was only nervous, but they always think I wasn't talking to them because I'm a jerk anyway. ;_;

Same thing happens to me. x.x

There was this girl I had a crush on and I always got nervous around her and didn't ever know what to say. I think I may have even mumbled gibberish in attempt to speak to her. and she ended up thinking I was a jerk and didn't want to reply her whenever she spoke because she was a freshman and I'm not. :(