PDA

View Full Version : So, I passed by London in a car drive the other day.

KentaRawr!
11-27-2007, 12:10 PM
I was in the car with my family, and we were visiting my Sister at her work, and we also dropped her off at her house. On our way back, though, we noticed a few signs that stated how far away London is. You know, those signs that go "(City Name) X Miles". It was out of the way, though, so we didn't really care to visit Ohio's London.

So, how often do you see places that have the same names as others?

Marshall Banana
11-27-2007, 12:14 PM
London, Kentucky! Manchester, Kentucky! Versailles, Kentucky!

Psychotic
11-27-2007, 01:08 PM
York is infinitely more awesome than New York because it has vikings, and lots of 'em.

Heath
11-27-2007, 01:18 PM
London, Kentucky! Manchester, Kentucky! Versailles, Kentucky!

I know for a fact that there's also a Glasgow in Kentucky.

I always find it quite interesting to find places in other countries named after places in Britain. I believe there's a beach or something in South Africa called Llandudno.

Captain Maxx Power
11-27-2007, 01:21 PM
York is infinitely more awesome than New York because it has vikings, and lots of 'em.

We also call them Yorkshire men.

There's a load of places in the US named after English towns. In Britain we also have some of the weirdest town names ever. Just south-east of London there's a Badger's Mount and Pratt's Bottom within miles of each other.

Jess
11-27-2007, 01:24 PM
There's a Washington in Britain, too. :jess:

oddler
11-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Dublin, all the time! :choc2:

Shauna
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
I once drove through Moscow. :D

escobert
11-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Jamaica, Vermont!
Manchester, New Hampshire
Manchester, Vermont
Lebanon, New Hampshire
Windsor, Vermont :p

Peegee
11-27-2007, 06:04 PM
In California:

PG: I come from Ontario. Took an 8 hour plane ride here.
Californian: YOU FLEW 8 HOURS FROM ONTARIO HERE? ONTARIO IS RIGHT OVER THERE *POINT*
PG: o_O Ontario, Canada?
Calfironian: HE'S A CANADIAZN BURN HIM
/pitchforks

Old Manus
11-27-2007, 06:14 PM
I want there to be a Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch in the USA.

Jimsour
11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
I was in Belfast, Maine when I was 10.

Couldnt have been any more different.

Denmark
11-27-2007, 07:04 PM

York has vikings, but New York has the brains behind the :viking: smiley.

My high school's rival was Berlin, New York. There's Polands all over the place. But the best place I pass by when I drive from home (NY) to school (PA) is Jutland, NJ. And we all know Jutland is the main continental part of Denmark :cool: