PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 3

Dreddz
11-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Teaser Trailer (http://youtube.com/watch?v=HjSWPVkjExQ)

Its been long, maybe too long since the last Deus Ex game. Despite Deus Ex 2 being ok at best im sure alot of the fans of the original are excited for the third game. I mean, in my eyes Deus Ex is the best first person shooter ever made. And also one of my favourite games of all time. I generally dont like first person shooters either, there always too short, easy and as of recent, lack any personality or originality. I just hope they dont turn Deus Ex 3 into a mindless shooter, anyone who played the original would know that what made that game so great and memorable was its story and setting.

As for the trailer, well im not sure what the make of it. No gameplay or any indication what the game will be like, just some guy telling us something that makes absolutely no sense. Its to be expected I suppose. Anyone else have a rush of goosebumps at 0.44 or am I the only one who liked Deus Ex that much.

Crop
11-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Ah, yes the music, awsome!!!

Deus Ex 1 - Amazing, played it over and over again and still will
Deus Ex 2 - Rubbish, didn't like it
Deus Ex 3 - Can't wait now!

Your right, didn't say much, if it didn't have Deus Ex slapped on it I probably wouldn't have known what it was for.

Fingers crossed, they wont mess it up.

Slothy
11-27-2007, 07:13 PM
I really liked the first one though I never got the chance to play all the way through. I just hope a third is better balanced gameplay wise, while still managing to keep the build your character the way you want feel. Multiple story branches would be nice as well, though I find the overall narrative tends to suffer a bit in games that do that, so I have no problem if the story becomes more linear. I suppose since they tell us nothing about the game we'll have to wait and see what happens though. Hopefully it at least lives up to the first game.

Captain Maxx Power
11-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Considering the mess Deus Ex 2 was I'm not going to hope for anything until I see some actual gameplay footage.

Discord
11-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Considering the mess Deus Ex 2 was I'm not going to hope for anything until I see some actual gameplay footage.

Hmm... and storyline critics. Honestly, Deus Ex 2 was Deus Ex told again with different characters. =/ It was okaaaaay though.

*hyper*

Jowy
11-28-2007, 02:04 AM
*reinstalls*

Yamaneko
11-28-2007, 06:51 AM
I'm not expecting much.

Madame Adequate
11-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Deus Ex 2 is a good game if you look at it objectively*. It's just unfortunate for its sake that it's the sequel to Deus Ex, because 'good' doesn't cut it. But anyone who says it's a bad game isn't thinking straight and is being jaded by their expectations from the original.

* Obviously it's a matter of taste whether or not you like it, but it's well-designed, well-made, and with solid and high production values throughout.

Discord
11-28-2007, 04:25 PM
True, however... one of the things that were so fascinating about Deus Ex was the story. Deus Ex 2 is the same story retold.:p