PDA

View Full Version : I can't find my purse!

Jess
11-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Yesterday I started freaking out because I thought I'd lost my purse. In actual fact, I just left it at my boyfriends uni house. It still means that I can't get it again until friday, though! :(

What do you keep in your purse/wallet and/or your handbag/bag?

I keep all my monies in my purse, my bank card, my travel card, my ID/provisional driving license, pictures from a photobooth of me and Loz, and old cinema tickets/bus tickets or any sort of tickets that I'd like to keep because it has fond memories attached to it. I also have a few numbers kept in it for taxi ranks et cetera.

In my handbag I keep my purse (it must have fallen out because I only take it out to show my ID/get out money!), a hair brush, lip balm and mascara, my mobile phone, glasses, paracetemol, contraceptive pills, a memory stick and sometimes a camera and my passport. :jess:

I'd be so lost without my handbag! I feel sad that I'm missing my purse out of my bag and that is only for a few days. I'd be very sad if I lost them for real. ;____;

Raebus
11-27-2007, 06:17 PM
I lost my purse once, then I found out it wasn't normal for a guy to have a womans purse and since then I've been purse-less.

Jess
11-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Do you have a wallet now? ^_____^

Peegee
11-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Money, bank cards, other misc debit cards (for stores and gas), driver's license, some business cards for ghastlycomics (warning cartoon adult materia), and coins.

Also there's always lint in my wallet for some reason.

Raebus
11-27-2007, 06:24 PM
I have something even better, a resident evil wallet! Yes though, I have a wallet now. =D

They're more manly and discreet.

Jimsour
11-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Got a black leather wallet with erm, I'm not even sure whats in it.

*checks*

Uni ID card, Swipe card to the block of flats I live in, Provisional drivers licence, Debit card, Library card, 2 discount cards at two pubs I haunt, old bus ticket and a spare passport photo of me that i needed but in the end didnt need.

All money stays in my pocket where I can keep my hands on it.

BardTard
11-27-2007, 06:36 PM
My ID, debit card, make-up thing, condoms, sometimes my phone unless I forget, usually a phone, and that's pretty much it. I need to carry more useful items like scissors, safety pins, batteries and hair stuff.

Ace14
11-27-2007, 06:44 PM
In my wallet I have pictures...thats it. I never have money on me. :( I occasionally get a gift card to somewhere so sometimes I have those.

Quindiana Jones
11-27-2007, 06:50 PM
It's always the last place you look. Obviously.

I have various cards, a pink Pacman ghost, a picture of somewhere and, very rarely, some money.

Faris
11-27-2007, 06:50 PM
I love my purse. I swear that one of these days I'll be able to pull a lamp out of it, just like Mary Poppins!

*looks through it* Let's see: Receipts, batteries, stuff from my cousins wedding, a few books, CD player, DS, wallet, keys, cell phone, Ibuprofen, two key-chain sized stuffed animals, one pen, bus tickets and old bus transfers. My friends like to put their wallets or subs from Subway in my purse on top of all that when we all go out too.

Miriel
11-27-2007, 07:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/Livejournal/Contents.jpg

I always like to have straws handy, and you never know when you might need a spoon or a fork. My purse is really really heavy.

Jojee
11-27-2007, 07:37 PM
I couldn't live without my purse :3 I keep my wallet which I need to survive! My cell phone, my keys, concealer, blush, hair accessories, spare change, a pen, and a mirror. ^_^ Maybe more things on random occasions.

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 08:08 PM
men dont need a purse.. we actually have pockets in our pants

Miriel
11-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Yeah, goodluck fitting a bottle of water, a camera, a cell phone, a ipod, wallet, keys, packets of gum, sunglasses, etc in you POCKETS. Unless you have a helpful girlfriend around, I honestly don't understand how guys manage.

Jess
11-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah, my boyfriend always puts his wallet, keys and phone in my bag if we're out together. If they'll fit, anyway. :jess:

Nominus Experse
11-27-2007, 08:14 PM
In my wallet:
Paper money, checks, receipts, pictures of my girlfriend, ATM/Debit card, gift card(s), driver's license, my student ID, and a Safeway Club Card.

The rest of my essentials (water, mints, and the like) are placed in my bag

CloudDragon
11-27-2007, 08:16 PM
All my important stuff I keep in my pockets: Wallet, Keys, Cigs, Lighter, Cell Phone. My wallet contains several ID's, health insurance card, debit card, money (obviously), triple A card, and so on.

I lose my wallet and I'm screwed. I lose my pants I'm dead.

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 08:24 PM
i always have with me: wallet including: insurence, drivers licence, OV(free public transportation), creditcard, debit-card, school cards, gym card, paper money and a donor card.
pockets: keys, super-LEDS(flashlight thats smaller then a 1 dollar bill), phone and on occasion change

i dont know about the rest of you.. but thats all i would need

Yamaneko
11-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Yeah, goodluck fitting a bottle of water, a camera, a cell phone, a ipod, wallet, keys, packets of gum, sunglasses, etc in you POCKETS. Unless you have a helpful girlfriend around, I honestly don't understand how guys manage.
Water? Useless. You can ask for water anywhere in the Western world. Camera? Not necessary for daily function. Cell phone? In one's pocket. Ipod? Same as camera. Wallet? Back pocket / jacket pocket. Keys? Ditto. Gum? Ask friends or leave it in the car. Sunglasses. On top of one's head / hanging from one's shirt / leave in car.

We manage. Probably why we run faster too.

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Water? Useless. You can ask for water anywhere in the Western world. Camera? Not necessary for daily function. Cell phone? In one's pocket. Ipod? Same as camera. Wallet? Back pocket / jacket pocket. Keys? Ditto. Gum? Ask friends or leave it in the car. Sunglasses. On top of one's head / hanging from one's shirt / leave in car.

amen brother.. plus.. camera on phone.. you can buy water.. sunglasses go in the v part of a v-neck shirt.. and mp3 player goes in the pocket of your jacket.. gum goes in your mouth.. if you have to have it with you.. that means you take too much

LunarWeaver
11-27-2007, 09:02 PM
My wallet is underused I'm afraid. D: I keep my important stuff in this green cup on my desk or I'll forget when I need to take it somewhere. Then my wallet is full of outdated stuff and pictures of people I haven't talked to since the first volcano erupted. It really makes no sense, but oh well.

Miriel
11-27-2007, 09:04 PM

You are absolutely off your rocker if you think a camera isn't necessary for daily function. It's pretty much critical. Also, how freakin' inconvienent it must be not to be able to reach to your side and have a gulp of water whenever you want. Pfft. I love the luxury of having everything I need at my fingertips.

edczxcvbnm
11-27-2007, 09:59 PM

That is why we also wear coats. I sometimes wish it was cold year round so I would have the extra pockets.

Bottle of water? Pointless! Trash that junk.
Camera? That can fit in the pocket easy.
Cell phone? Same pocket as the camera
Ipod? Same pocket as the wallet
Wallet? Different pocket from Camera/phone
Keys? Back pocket
Sunglasses? Head
Gum? Pointless. Trash that junk

That is how simple it is. Now if you want to carry a DS as well, then it gets complicated :D

If you totally rule then you would have a camera on your phone as to eliminate one object and then you can put something else in there as well...like the DS or Gum.

Bottles of liquid don't ever work well. Other back pocket but then you are always taking it out to sit down >.>

Jess
11-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Bottles of liquid don't ever work well. Other back pocket but then you are always taking it out to sit down >.>
Which is exactly why bags are needed!

Shiny
11-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Bodies and maybe something weird like money.

Miriel
11-27-2007, 10:20 PM
See, Jess knows the score.

Also, you would never be able to fit my camera in a pocket. Unless your pocket is the size of your head. :p

Yamaneko
11-27-2007, 10:28 PM
You are absolutely off your rocker if you think a camera isn't necessary for daily function. It's pretty much critical.
You're applying your own desire to take a camera everywhere to a whole population who get along fine without one.

Also, how freakin' inconvienent it must be not to be able to reach to your side and have a gulp of water whenever you want. Pfft. I love the luxury of having everything I need at my fingertips.
Have fun drinking your warm water.

XxSephirothxX
11-27-2007, 10:28 PM
The first thing I do when I get home is take all the :skull::skull::skull::skull: out of my pockets--wallet, ipod, cell phone, keys, pencil--and take off my watch and backpack. I can't imagine walking around carrying a bag full of all that and more every day. Awful!

Yamaneko
11-27-2007, 10:31 PM
I keep it simple. Keys in right pocket. Cell phone in left pocket. Wallet in back pocket. If I do take my mp3 player along with me I'll put it in my cell phone pocket since they're both thin enough to fit. Most of the time I keep it simple though, and just take my keys and my wallet if I'm going out for less than an hour.

oddler
11-27-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm a pocket guy, with most of you. Cell phone in the left pocket. Money in the right pocket. Wallet in the back pocket. Keys stay in the car. :eek:

Sergeant Hartman
11-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Accumulated junk.

edczxcvbnm
11-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Which is exactly why bags are needed!

I don't even eat during the day so I clearly don't need water either so nay :P

See, Jess knows the score.

Also, you would never be able to fit my camera in a pocket. Unless your pocket is the size of your head. :p

Your camera is obviously not made for normal person use. My camera is 7.1 MP and is smaller than a pack of smokes...I think. It fits fine and gets the job done for those slight occasions when one is actually needed.

Jess
11-27-2007, 11:00 PM
I'd prefer to have stuff in my bag, then have a camera or phone or something digging into my leg everytime I sit down! :jess:

Shauna
11-27-2007, 11:29 PM
I tend to keep everything (Well, everything of value) in my pockets, rather than in my school bag. Not to mention I'd look like a fool with a school bag AND a handbag. So, my purse, my phone, my MP3 Player and my keys are all kept in my jacket pockets. =]

But, in my purse - a monkey purse :cool: - I have my bank cards, my phone top-up card, and money. When I get my provisional drivers license in, I'll be keeping that in my purse too.

Although, I did actually lose my purse once. It was terrible - this was a couple of years back, and all U had in it was money - I was really upset one day, because my friend had pretty much ditched me, and I wanted to get a bus home. But sadly my purse was missing, so there I was standing around all upset, without any money to get home. I had to walk 45 minutes to get home. It just got worse and worse. xD I went back to the Town Centre though - someone had handed in my purse to the customer support place.

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 11:33 PM
I tend to keep everything (Well, everything of value) in my pockets, rather than in my school bag. Not to mention I'd look like a fool with a school bag AND a handbag. So, my purse, my phone, my MP3 Player and my keys are all kept in my jacket pockets. =]

But, in my purse - a monkey purse :cool: - I have my bank cards, my phone top-up card, and money. When I get my provisional drivers license in, I'll be keeping that in my purse too.

ah yes.. i see your reasoning.. keep the most important things in the place that is most easily accessable for thieves.. throw them off their tracks :p

Shauna
11-27-2007, 11:37 PM
It's more... I'm paranoid that something bad will happen in the school, and I'd have to leave my school bag behind. And if I had all my important items in my school bag... then I might never get them again. :p Which is good enough reasoning for me! Not to mention, I keep my hands in my pockets no matter where I go, always have a firm grip around the items in my pocket. No thieves will get them! xD

Aerith's Knight
11-27-2007, 11:38 PM
i wasnt talking about your pocket.. i was talking about your purse

Shauna
11-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Oh! Right. xD Sorry, I assumed. :D
But, it's like keeping all your important stuff in your bag. It's just a purse, in my case. But, I always make sure my purse is safe. xD I'm paranoid about losing it. Not to mention it weighs a ton because of all the money in it, I'd notice fast if it was taken. :D

Raebus
11-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Ah, the positives of being a guy. No personal stuff, just a single wallet with cards in and money. That's the life.