PDA

View Full Version : Wha!?

Fatal Impurity
11-28-2007, 01:32 AM
What the hell has happened to my user title? I never put it as that...someone has been doing sneaky and strange stuff lately and I say we find out who!

:choc2:

Brennan
11-28-2007, 01:34 AM
it's either you got hacked, or you did it yourself

Discord
11-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Wasn't me! *an innocent pair of little, purple eyes*:tongue:

Though I did want to ask why you'd put it there.:)

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 01:36 AM

Or an mod/admin did it they can do that.

Discord
11-28-2007, 01:37 AM

Or an mod/admin did it they can do that.

Just another entry in the database. Course they can.:cool:

Fatal Impurity
11-28-2007, 01:37 AM
If it was you...I'd like to know how you managed to find out my password or hack into the EOFF server.

And this isnt an isolated incident Brennan quite a few people have logged in to find their avatars changed/animated. So who the heck is doing this?

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 01:39 AM
If it was you...I'd like to know how you managed to find out my password or hack into the EOFF server.

And this isnt an isolated incident Brennan quite a few people have logged in to find their avatars changed/animated. So who the heck is doing this?

Mods like to play jokes a while back Shlup changed a LOT of our Avatars. People could've had their thing changed not logged in to hear about the joke and found out later.

Discord
11-28-2007, 01:40 AM

Thy calleth me a liar?!:fencing: I didn't touch a thing, honestly.:D

Fatal Impurity
11-28-2007, 01:43 AM

Thy calleth me a liar?!:fencing: I didn't touch a thing, honestly.:D

Actaully that brings up an interesting point... did you know EOFF has at least 3 security vulnerabilities that could be exploited in order to hack the server?

All I can say is blame VB. :D

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 01:45 AM
And I say this thread is a hoax which should be closed.

Fatal Impurity
11-28-2007, 01:50 AM
Hoax? Nope I got my user title changed from "The Angriest Angel" to "Currently Single" which is definately not me. I have now changed it to "Death before dishonour". It just startled me how all of a sudden my user title changed.

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 01:51 AM
Hoax? Nope I got my user title changed from "The Angriest Angel" to "Currently Single" which is definately not me. I have now changed it to "Death before dishonour". It just startled me how all of a sudden my user title changed.

And this proves that this isn't an isolated incident and that several others have had this happen, therefore EoFF is hacked?

leader of mortals
11-28-2007, 01:52 AM
*cues vincent,thundergod talking about revolution*

Psychotic
11-28-2007, 01:54 AM
I think your custom title would be better if it was "Death before dinosaur", and if Cid's Knights had the power to change them, I would do it myself.

Fatal Impurity
11-28-2007, 01:55 AM
I'm not saying EOFF is hacked GoldenBoko I'm saying someone (meaning a mod/admin) changed it and it would be nice to know in future...plus what gives them the right change it at all without your consent? I mean look at Bunny/Phychotic/Azar/Araciel's avatar's to see evidence of tampering without consent.

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 01:58 AM
I'm not saying EOFF is hacked GoldenBoko I'm saying someone (meaning a mod/admin) changed it and it would be nice to know in future...plus what gives them the right change it at all without your consent? I mean look at Bunny/Phychotic/Azar/Araciel's avatar's to see evidence of tampering without consent.

What? I thought Psychotic did that himself...

Bunny too for that matter.

Their admins, its their site, they can do what they want... I still bet that you did this and you just don't remember.

Jessweeee♪
11-28-2007, 01:59 AM
I like my new avatar!

It was a silly joke and if they change it to something I don't like I can always change it back n.n

Psychotic
11-28-2007, 02:00 AM
What? I thought Psychotic did that himself...Nope. God knows those with the ability to do so can't go a fortnight without changing my avatar or signature. I do think it's pretty suave though so I'm not complaining.

Fatal Impurity
11-28-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm not really complaining about it I mean some of these Avatars are pretty damn cool but still it begs the question: "Do they have the right?"

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 02:03 AM
I'm not really complaining about it I mean some of these Avatars are pretty damn cool but still it begs the question: "Do they have the right?"

Yes this isn't a democracy people. Thread over.

Evastio
11-28-2007, 02:05 AM
No they don't. Unless it's inappropriate.

XxSephirothxX
11-28-2007, 02:16 AM
Can't imagine anyone on staff would change your custom title to Currently Single. Maybe someone got on your computer.

Jessweeee♪
11-28-2007, 02:20 AM

They totally have the right! But is it fair? I can't say :spin:

Fatal Impurity
11-28-2007, 02:26 AM
Can't imagine anyone on staff would change your custom title to Currently Single. Maybe someone got on your computer.

I'm an only child of a single parent. My mother doesnt know my password as it is extremely obscure and completely unrelated to anything like birthdays, significant events in my life, pets, friends or idols.

So it has to be either:

1. A hacker (which seems unlikely since no-one in thier right mind would hack EOFF just to change my custom title)
2. A mod/admin

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 02:30 AM
Not true at all.

If you switch browser after being on EoFF and someone gets their quick enough they'll still be in your account...

PuPu almost played a prank and almost ALL of my stuff with that...

But I caught him ;o

Jessweeee♪
11-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Not true at all.

If you switch browser after being on EoFF and someone gets their quick enough they'll still be in your account...

But I caught him ;o

hmm....but according the Fatal Impurity the only person who could have done that was his mother!

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 02:33 AM
Not true at all.

But I caught him ;o

hmm....but according the Fatal Impurity the only person who could have done that was his mother!

That would mean he never has friends over which I find unlikely.

Fatal Impurity
11-28-2007, 02:34 AM
We have two PC's. She is on one almost 24 hours a day playing a MMORPG called Silkroad Online. I never leave my PC unattended without clearing the IE7 cache/cookies/history. My mum is forum illiterate.

My friends have no knowledge of my affiliation with this site. My friends are also forum illiterate.
I also never surf the net with them over, plus for some reason everytime I close the browser I always have to re-enter my password. One last thing...I havnt had friends over in 4-5 weeks.

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 02:36 AM
We have two PC's. She is on one almost 24 hours a day playing a MMORPG called Silkroad Online. I never leave my PC unattended without clearing the IE7 cache/cookies/history. My mum is forum illiterate.

And I still find you being able to remember you've NEVER gotten up to get someone a drink or use the bathroom or something while at the computer incredibly unlikely.

Fatal Impurity
11-28-2007, 02:37 AM

And I still find you being able to remember you've NEVER gotten up to get someone a drink or use the bathroom or something while at the computer incredibly unlikely.

We live in a flat...everytime I do goto the toilet/get a drink etc she is still playing SRO and doesnt leave her chair.

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 02:38 AM

We live in a flat...everytime I do goto the toilet/get a drink etc she is still playing SRO and doesnt leave her chair.
I didn't mean your mother :P

You've never had a friend over? Ever?

Jessweeee♪
11-28-2007, 02:39 AM
I dunno Boko...this definitely sounds like a prank made by an EoFF member :p

Fatal Impurity
11-28-2007, 02:40 AM

I didn't mean your mother :P

You've never had a friend over? Ever?

I have but like I said it's been 4-5 weeks since I've had one around, plus I never go on EOFF with them around.

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 02:41 AM
Well unless some admin claims responsiblity this just sounds like someone getting on your/a computer you where at and fooling around.

Tavrobel
11-28-2007, 02:41 AM
Looks like someone's hit the alky-hawl a little too hard.

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 02:42 AM

... Or that.

Fatal Impurity
11-28-2007, 02:43 AM
I dont drink or smoke or take drugs...so thats ruled out.

Momiji
11-28-2007, 05:44 AM
How could anyone play an MMO for so long?!

NeoCracker
11-28-2007, 05:51 AM
Popa, they Have Rehab for Wow. His Moms got nothing.

And you're a little behind on the joke. This whole avi thing was done what, a month ago? Something like that?

WHy haven't I changed mine back yet?

I mean, a Ring pop? Why did I get the stupid animation?

theundeadhero
11-28-2007, 09:45 AM
I can't imagine any of the Admins changing it like that. This is strange.

Discord
11-28-2007, 11:08 AM
I can't imagine any of the Admins changing it like that. This is strange.

It's still more likely than his mom or his friends browing across the entire interface of this site, finding the correct field and finally getting access to his PC just to play him a prank. :D

Fatal Impurity
11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Popa, they Have Rehab for Wow. His Moms got nothing.

And you're a little behind on the joke. This whole avi thing was done what, a month ago? Something like that?

WHy haven't I changed mine back yet?

I mean, a Ring pop? Why did I get the stupid animation?

I knew about the Avatar changing as soon as Bunny make a thankyou thread for his...it's just I didn't care since it didn't affect me lol

And yes my mother is obsessed...about 99% of her conscious waking time is spent playing the game.

Loony BoB
11-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Certainly wasn't me. I have no reason to do it. Are you currently single? Did you recently break up with someone, and does that person have knowledge of this account? Do you ever log in outside of your home? Does anyone out there have knowledge of your password at all, or was it very guessable?

Do you even know any of the admins on any kind of personal level?

I'll go check to see if any admins have touched your account recently.

NeoCracker
11-28-2007, 03:29 PM
No he won't. He already knows and they are all having a good laugh at you.

Zeldy
11-28-2007, 03:43 PM
It's quite amusing how worked up you're getting. It's a user title.

Loony BoB
11-28-2007, 03:45 PM
The only people to have even viewed your account (let alone modified it) in the past month are Azar and myself. Azar can't change that field and I haven't. Unless it was done before then and you just failed to notice, that probably means it was done using your account.

Aerith's Knight
11-28-2007, 03:53 PM
muhahahaha *evil*

it was hugsy, my bedtime pinguin pal, who did that..

and no one will ever find out

*returns to supervillian cave*

escobert
11-28-2007, 04:28 PM
OMG WHERE DID MINE GO? I'M A NooB ALL OVER AGAIN!

BardTard
11-28-2007, 05:41 PM
I changed it. I got your password from your mom.

Discord
11-28-2007, 11:52 PM
I changed it. I got your password from your mom.

...who got it via SQL Injection into Fatal's toaster?

rubah
11-29-2007, 12:10 AM

he done got his sip on!

Fatal Impurity
11-29-2007, 01:32 AM

I dont care at all that much for my usertitle being changed in and of itself...its just the principle of it, the abuse of admin power is whats annoying me.

XxSephirothxX
11-29-2007, 01:35 AM
Well, unless you think BoB is flat out lying, no admin modified your account. :p

Jessweeee♪
11-29-2007, 01:36 AM
What a mystery!

We need Mystery Inc.

Fatal Impurity
11-29-2007, 01:59 AM
Oh well I guess since this is like all unsolved mystery and everything I say we close the thread!

;)

Lynx
11-29-2007, 03:31 AM
I think your custom title would be better if it was "Death before dinosaur", .

wow i guess im not the onlyone who thought it should be that too.

Fatal Impurity
11-29-2007, 11:53 PM

Happy?

:P

Jessweeee♪
11-30-2007, 12:36 AM

Happy?

:P

Awesome :exdee:

Zeldy
11-30-2007, 11:28 AM

I dont care at all that much for my usertitle being changed in and of itself...its just the principle of it, the abuse of admin power is whats annoying me.
IT'S A FORUM :p I couldnt care less if it happened to me. God, get over it.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-30-2007, 12:09 PM
*cues vincent,thundergod talking about revolution*

Oh you just knew I wouldn't leave this alone. ;)

Well personally I don't think Fatal Impurity is the kind of guy who would lie about this, and I agree that "currently single" isn't his style. I was somewhat surprised when I noticed that, and now I know why it happened. Now others may be hesitant to believe him since he's affiliated with those damn revolutionaries, but the avatar changes can't be disputed, as many have occurred to those who have nothing to do with the Rebellion, and even Neocracker, who's opposed to it.

GB seems to think this isn't an isolated incident. As far as custom ranks go, it might be, but many an avatar has been changed at the whims of Kishi the staff. Why wouldn't custom rank be the next frontier?

The fact remains that it's the right of the user to edit these things, whether or not it's done in the spirit of embarrasment humour. If Shlupquack someone wants to change avatars, they should ask the member first, and if he's opposed that should be respected.

Speaking of which, this would be a good rule change since it's raised quite the public outcry.

Aerith's Knight
11-30-2007, 01:27 PM
REVOLUTION!!

*rattles fence*

Peegee
11-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Somebody set us up the bomb

Hack the Gibson.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-30-2007, 01:42 PM
REVOLUTION!!

*rattles fence*

:jess:

Discord
11-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Somebody set us up the bomb

Hack the Gibson.

What you say!

Aerith's Knight
11-30-2007, 03:32 PM
we can test out my new invention: the pin triggered nuke

*rattles fence harder*

demondude
11-30-2007, 05:52 PM
People get too wound up over these things.

Shauna
11-30-2007, 06:07 PM
I love how admins are still being blamed for this, despite it being said that nobody's editted his account. ;)

Discord
11-30-2007, 06:36 PM
I love how admins are still being blamed for this, despite it being said that nobody's editted his account. ;)

Uh... it barely looks like a memory allocation problem in the database to me.:greenie:

Fatal Impurity
11-30-2007, 11:24 PM

Uh... it barely looks like a memory allocation problem in the database to me.:greenie:

:D :greenie: