PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves?

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 02:00 AM
Do you have any Pet peeves?

My main reason for making this is..

STOPING PUTTING "GoldenBoko" people. Its one word! ONE WORD! You don't capitalize letters other then the first one in a word unless specifically shown otherwise. STOP! :mad:

Jessweeee♪
11-28-2007, 02:01 AM
Well, GoldenBoko, I think the sound a vacuum cleaner makes is very annoying!

Vermachtnis
11-28-2007, 02:04 AM
I hate those people who think everyone should be sad and depressed like them.

Evastio
11-28-2007, 02:19 AM
I guess mine would have to be how people never seem to agree with me.

rubah
11-28-2007, 02:25 AM
I don't like this nick to be capitalized, so I can feel your pain (also I might have done it like that accidentally a few times, in that case I apologize)

I also don't like being misunderstood ;.;

Jessweeee♪
11-28-2007, 02:30 AM
I don't like this nick to be capitalized, so I can feel your pain (also I might have done it like that accidentally a few times, in that case I apologize)

I also don't like being misunderstood ;.;

...but it feels weird to start a sentence with rubah!

Tavrobel
11-28-2007, 02:30 AM
I hate annoying people.

If among those people happen to be GB, I can't be held responsible for that!

Goldenboko
11-28-2007, 02:47 AM
I hate annoying people.

If among those people happen to be GB, I can't be held responsible for that!

:whimper:

Tavrobel
11-28-2007, 02:48 AM
I also hate people who try to make an emotional appeal over the internet, too. Emoticons and the like. All of them.

Jessweeee♪
11-28-2007, 02:55 AM
I also hate people who try to make an emotional appeal over the internet, too. Emoticons and the like. All of them.

; ;

rubah
11-28-2007, 03:05 AM
:mad2:

escobert
11-28-2007, 03:08 AM
People. I hate people.

Leen-Leen
11-28-2007, 03:15 AM
I hate when there's someone walking slow in front of you. It just kills me when you can' get around them. KILLS ME!!!

Ashi
11-28-2007, 04:36 AM
People who leave their children unattended, then their children get into some sort of trouble/get hurt, and the people come back and start screaming at the adults that were around. It is not every adult's job to watch over your children, people!

Roto13
11-28-2007, 04:38 AM
Bitter people are annoying. Most of them end up growing out of it at some point.

NeoTifa
11-28-2007, 04:54 AM
i hate when people always go emo everyday and come to you whining cuz theyre so depressed, and when you ask them why, they say they dont know! *beats with a sick* :twak: back emo! get back i say! come to me with valid depressions or none at all!:mad: sheesh

Aphrodite.
11-28-2007, 05:08 AM
1. Smacking food and chewing with mouth open.
2. People who can only talk about one thing(i.e. band, sports).
3. Stoners or emos.
4. When I'm expected to learn my vocal parts in a song without sheet music.
5. People who stop in the middle of the hallway to talk when I'm on my way to class.
6. Reading over my shoulder.

Deborah
11-28-2007, 09:08 AM

That is the only thing that drives me insane!! And sadly if I tell people this they find it funny to chew LOUDLY on purpose! It makes me want to cry!! :(

The Ceej
11-28-2007, 06:54 PM
People continuing to send me annoying PM's about which I really don't care even after I politely asked them to stop. Especially when they come back with, "I'm sorry, but I have to send this PM." No, GoBo. No, you don't.

Yeah. I wish I had the ability to delete my own usernotes so I could delete every note with an emoticon in it. I already delete them out of quotes. They're so smurfing annoying. Why do we need them? Oh yeah. We don't.

People. I hate people.

I feel you there. I also agree with you. By the way, sorry for touching you, but I had to feel you there.

I hate when there's someone walking slow in front of you. It just kills me when you can' get around them. KILLS ME!!!

I swear they do it on purpose. Why the hell else would they walk so slow? What kind of benefit do they get out of it? Slowing down the people behind them. And those people in those scooters? I know they can go faster than that. Those are electric vehicles. They can go at least 25 MPH. So, why run it slower than I can walk? If people weren't doing it on purpose, they'd at least let you get around them rather than blocking the whole way.

i hate when people always go emo everyday and come to you whining cuz theyre so depressed, and when you ask them why, they say they dont know! *beats with a sick* back emo! get back i say! come to me with valid depressions or none at all! sheesh

Remember when I was talking about removing emoticons from quotes? People don't always have a valid reason for depression. Sometimes it just hurts and we don't know why. It doesn't make us emo. Get used to it. Bipolars are the next stage in human evolution, so there will be nothing but more of us, and many of us will be depressed without reason a lot of the time. Likely there is a reason, we just can't think of it right now.

Ashi
11-28-2007, 07:15 PM

This is also one of mine. I hate when I'm on the PC or laptop and people are reading over my shoulder, even when I'm just doing my homework and not posting on webfora.

Aerith's Knight
11-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Animals dressed as humans!!!

ow wait.. that was from friends :p

my biggest pet peeve is when people with earphones on and stupid pointless heavy metal boom boom boom music.. that i can hear even 7 feet away.. gives me a headache

LunarWeaver
11-28-2007, 07:23 PM
I can't stand for my door to be open, and people leave it open all the time. Then I have to go bananas and look like the craziest man since the guy who invented the piano tie and everybody hates me for it. But it's worth it to make them remember the door stays closed.

Aerith's Knight
11-28-2007, 07:25 PM
I can't stand for my door to be open, and people leave it open all the time. Then I have to go bananas and look like the craziest man since the guy who invented the piano tie and everybody hates me for it. But it's worth it to make them remember the door stays closed.

omg thats annoying isnt it?.. i mean people dont need to hear every breath i take..

NeoTifa
11-28-2007, 07:30 PM
i hate when people always go emo everyday and come to you whining cuz theyre so depressed, and when you ask them why, they say they dont know! *beats with a sick* back emo! get back i say! come to me with valid depressions or none at all! sheesh

Remember when I was talking about removing emoticons from quotes? People don't always have a valid reason for depression. Sometimes it just hurts and we don't know why. It doesn't make us emo. Get used to it. Bipolars are the next stage in human evolution, so there will be nothing but more of us, and many of us will be depressed without reason a lot of the time. Likely there is a reason, we just can't think of it right now.

no, i was talking about the people who talk about how theyre so depressed all the time. every freaking day. i know people can be depressed for no reason, ive had plenty my share of it, im just talking about thats all they wanna talk about. it kinda goes like this:

me: hi
them: im so depressed
me: ok, why?
them: i dunno, i just am
me: for the 5th time this week? >.< im sorry you feel that way, but what am i supposed to do about it
them: i dunno
me: then why say it?
them: im sorry i mistook you for a friend
me: what? cuz i dont want to talk to you 7 days a week, 365 days a year about how youre depressed for no reason? get some zoloft then talk to me when you have something interesting to say!!!

its just when thats all they wanna talk about. ok, if like your dog died, i could understand and will help you ease the pain, but dont say no reason, or say its cuz my friend dumped you cuz you were cheating on her and shes a b**** for it, seriously.

The Ceej
11-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Somehow I forgot people who talk on those Bluetooth headsets. How did I forget that? I must have been dead at the time.

"So you were going to pick up my laundry?"
"Excuse me?"
[Very indignant with hand guestures like you killed their mother]"I'm on the phone!"
"Well pardon me for thinking you're talking to me when you're looking right at me and I see no phone in your hand."

And what makes it even worse is when you're having a conversation with them and they're wearing the headset. You can't hear the phone ring. You don't know when the conversation switches to being with you and the person to being the phone call. But yet, these people always get so pissed that you're interrupting them on the phone.

Well, here's what I say:
"Quit talking on the phone in public. That would solve all the problems. Especially if you're not going to make it very clear you're on the phone."

Seriously. I wish those things were never invented. Would it have been too much to ask the inventor to make them ring out loud so I know when a phone conversation starts? This would eliminate about half of the annoying experiences.

On second thought, this is off topic. This isn't so much a pet peeve as a major, psychotic, smurfing hatred. So, nevermind.

EDIT: I'm sorry, NeoTifa. I thought you were talking about people who actually were depressed. When I'm sitting there in an existential state thinking about who I am, what I am, and why I am, and people try to ask me what's wrong or why I'm sad, I get up and leave. I don't really want to talk about it most of the time. There are a few I do, but not like what you're saying. But then, this is going to become a whole nother thread, so, I'll stop now.

PyroManiak
11-28-2007, 08:18 PM
3. Stoners or emos.
5. People who stop in the middle of the hallway to talk when I'm on my way to class.

I have a stroner music teacher who only talks about music, expects us to learn vocals with only the lyrics, reads my work over my shoulder, and spends most of his time cavorting and possibly canoodling with other teachers in the hallways. =/

(eats with his mouth closed, I checked. 0.0)

An Pet Peeve of mines: people always talking about pokemon as if it doesn't exist anymore. -.-
It still exists and isn't just some ghost you can casually refer to, MANY people still watch/play and be pokemons.

Shiny
11-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Bitter people are annoying. Most of them end up growing out of it at some point.
Usually it gets worse with age.

A pet peeve of mine is when people barge in the bathroom when I'm in there or even worse, leave it open so I can see them tinkle. Even when I lock the door they still find a way to break the latch and come in. The weirdest example of that is when my Great Grandmother came in when I was taking a shower. She just came in, stared, and then walked out. It was awkward...

rubah
11-28-2007, 10:49 PM
This is what neotifa was talking about, to provide an illustration

FanFiction.Net - My Immortal, a Harry Potter fanfic (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2828044/1/My_Immortal)

Vermachtnis
11-28-2007, 11:01 PM

FanFiction.Net - My Immortal, a Harry Potter fanfic (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2828044/1/My_Immortal)

Best. Fanfiction. Ever. If it was satire, which it sadly isn't. That is excatally the type of person I was talking about as well.

Aerith's Knight
11-28-2007, 11:02 PM

Best. Fanfiction. Ever. If it was satire, which it sadly isn't. That is excatally the type of person I was talking about as well.

whahaha.. this was in the reviews: "My eyes started BLEEDING... Nuff' said..."

cloud21zidane16
11-28-2007, 11:20 PM

omg thats annoying isnt it?.. i mean people dont need to hear every breath i take..

I hate this too, someone agrees:)

Jessweeee♪
11-28-2007, 11:24 PM
O.O

Deja vu!!!!

>.<

It's very annoying how in apparel class we do a lot of stereotyping when we aren't sewing.

EDIT:
Also this
YouTube - Damn stupid emos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9pr9_aSABI&feature=related)

rubah
11-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Hmm

I think I'm going to add 'People who can't stand other people' on my pet peeves list.

Roto13
11-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Hmm

I think I'm going to add 'People who can't stand other people' on my pet peeves list.

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/th_Peanuts1961072_resize.gif (http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Peanuts1961072_resize.gif)

BardTard
11-29-2007, 03:41 AM
When people do things only because they know it will annoy me. (most things don't even bother me anymore)

People who think they know me better than I know myself.

People treating me like a child and thinking I don't know anything.

When people think they're always right, superior to others, or expect people to believe in the same things they do but have no respect for other people.

On a lesser scale...
Indecisive customers at work.
Foreigners calling on the phone from businesses.
Repepetive commercials that aren't funny.
Sneezing. (not other people, I hate it when I sneeze)
Mom doing a quick sigh. I now slap myself every time I do it.
Overly cocky people.
People calling my work and hanging up. That's so childish.
Running into objects due to my own stupidity.
When someone else just barely touches me and it feels like a spider is crawling on me.
When the above happens and I say "You're touching me" and they deny it. Or someone's shirt brushes up against me. Either put pressure against my skin or don't touch me at all. And don't drop any hairs on me.
Also I hate it when people say I'm gonna gonna snap one day and kill someone or poison somebody or flip out when I hold a knife. I hate it because I don't know why people act like that, I'm a really peaceful person and would never do something like that. It gets on my nerves though.

Storm San
12-03-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't feel comfortable in a place with many people staring at me (i.e. metro) , or when I don't know the person near me.
I don't hate people, it's just that I don't feel comfortable . I'd rather be alone, or with friends .

In the metro station, when you arrive at your destination, people waiting for the train do not wait for the passengers to come out of the wagon, but hurry to get inside . Why do you do this ? It's stupid and shows your barbarism .

When people release their stress from work problems or issues with their head, to you .

People who just have to talk .
For example I go somewhere and then I have to talk about something. Anything. It doesn't matter if it's trivial, or stupid, I will seem "pissed off" if I don't talk about something.

Dinners with family members , and reunions with relatives .

When people touch my stuff and change their position .

I might add others later . My biggest pet peeve is life though .

hollieholliehollie
12-03-2007, 03:25 PM
right. i was looking through this wondering what to put (i'm lazy and there's too many to list) when i thought of the perfect one !!

i HATE it when you join a site (like this one..) do your profile etc. and people go on there and say stuff..

i mean bloody hell its there if you want to look at it. if you like it good if not then GET OVER IT, STOP LOOKING AND GET THE BLOODY HELL OFF MY PAGE THEN.

thats the most annoying thing.. people who must be so bored that they decide to write stupid stuff about other people just because they do things slightly differently.

why bother?? not pointing any fingers though...

Jess
12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
It annoys me when people are always late. My boyfriend finds it impossible to be on time for anything. Rawr!

LanceOfTime
12-21-2007, 01:56 PM
bad grammar...ex...he dont got those......they doesnt...... -.-

Madame Adequate
12-21-2007, 02:00 PM
The Rules, and The Man.

Quindiana Jones
12-21-2007, 02:57 PM

How ironic.

People calling me Harle. I wish you'd all die. I'm assuming MULF does it because he knows it annoys me and he craves my attention, so I guess that's OK.

Madame Adequate
12-21-2007, 03:22 PM
I like to see you QQQuin.

Quindiana Jones
12-21-2007, 05:06 PM
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT! :crying:

rubah
12-21-2007, 11:34 PM

How ironic.

I didn't know listing examples was bad grammar! Now I know!

Quindiana Jones
12-22-2007, 06:36 PM

How ironic.

I didn't know listing examples was bad grammar! Now I know!

TROLLING! ;)

In England we're taught to start sentences with capital letters. Also the overuse of full stops. Even if it's not grammatically incorrect, it's still a nuisance.

That's no beef at LanceOfThyme, though. He's an awesome newbie.

Hambone
12-23-2007, 04:53 AM
3. Stoners or emos.

#6 is my biggest along with whenever girls call me and don't have anything to talk about.