PDA

View Full Version : Old NES Nintendo Games

Evastio
11-28-2007, 03:59 AM
In this thread talk about old Nintendo Games (Ice Climbers, Balloon Fighters, Urban Champion, Kid Icarus, etc.) on the NES that didn't have any sequels on other systems. So don't discuss Zelda, Metroid, or anything that had a game that wasn't on the NES.

I personally liked Devil World the best out of all of them. It's like Pac-Man but it has a moving screen, flaming crosses, eyeballs, devils, bibles, evil sources that needed to be stopped with bibles, and a lot of other things that make it a lot more fun than the original Pac-Man. Mach Rider was also really awesome because of the music and how the main character would blow up and come back together in less than 5 seconds. Urban Champion I was never really good at. Balloon Fighters, Ice Climbers, and Clu Clu Land was really fun especially with a partner helping you out. I did find Ice Climbers really difficult though while in Balloon Fighters and Clu Clu Land I could make defeat the game and make it to the first level again quite easily.

Momiji
11-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Kid Icarus is my all-time favorite NES game.

Roto13
11-28-2007, 04:10 AM
Kid Icarus had a sequel. Banned from the thread, lulz.

I love Balloon Fight. That game was fangasmic. So arcady. It's the main reason I still have the first Animal Crossing. :P

Momiji
11-28-2007, 04:16 AM

I love Balloon Fight. That game was fangasmic. So arcady. It's the main reason I still have the first Animal Crossing. :P

Kid Icarus had a sequel?! Seriously?

Roto13
11-28-2007, 04:35 AM

Lyk, 4 rls. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Icarus:_Of_Myths_and_Monsters)

oddler
11-28-2007, 05:08 AM
The Guardian Legend was banging. Don't think that had any follow-ups. :up:

Momiji
11-28-2007, 05:11 AM

Lyk, 4 rls. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Icarus:_Of_Myths_and_Monsters)

Ugh, they WOULD make it for the Game Boy. D:

Roto13
11-28-2007, 05:26 AM
Game Boy owns your ass with it's cabbage green visuals.

rubah
11-28-2007, 05:30 AM
I'm not sure if any of the games I played were solo shots.

Momiji
11-28-2007, 05:36 AM

I meant what I said as in 'I don't have a Game Boy anymore to play it on'. Of course, I have a DS, but Nintendo decided to make only GBA games work on it and I can't play any of my old games on it. :(

NeoCracker
11-28-2007, 05:39 AM
Legend of the Ghost LIon was pretty fun. I didn't really like a lot of NES titles to be honest though.

Genghis Khan was about the only other one I liked.

Roto13
11-28-2007, 05:40 AM

I meant what I said as in 'I don't have a Game Boy anymore to play it on'. Of course, I have a DS, but Nintendo decided to make only GBA games work on it and I can't play any of my old games on it. :(

Game Boy games are for emulators.

Momiji
11-28-2007, 05:44 AM

Game Boy games are for emulators.

I suppose so.

Rase
11-28-2007, 06:31 AM
Duck Hunt. :D

Breine
11-28-2007, 11:21 AM

Me neither. Did Battletoads have a sequel?

Slothy
11-28-2007, 12:03 PM

Me neither. Did Battletoads have a sequel?

Several.

I love my NES. Nothing like playing Super C to remind you just how hardcore those old games can be. Though if I want to be reminded of how hardcore 8-Bit was, I should really track down a copy of Ghouls 'n Ghosts. It makes anyone who finds any modern game hard look like a pansy.

KentaRawr!
11-28-2007, 12:16 PM
That one game with Takamaru in it looks like fun. :3

Evastio
11-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Um, this thread was suppose to be for talking about Nintendo NES games that never had sequels outside the NES.

I guess it's okay though since non-Nintendo NES games that are sequeless are underrated and do deserve to be talked about.

That one game with Takamaru in it looks like fun. :3
Yeah. It would've been awesome if his games became popular enough to have sequels on other systems. He'd probably be as (if not more) popular than Link, Sonic, and other video game characters. Oh well...

CloudDragon
11-29-2007, 10:22 AM
My favorites include:

Crystalis
Fester's Quest
Blaster Master
Solstice
Willow

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-29-2007, 10:35 AM
The sequel to Solstice is Equinox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equinox_%28video_game%29).

Blaster Master had several sequels, although none of them were particularly decent. :sophia:

Jowy
11-29-2007, 11:01 AM
Mega Man 2, come on now.

KuRt
11-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Guardian legends ofcourse. Does Gargoyle's Quest have any sequels on other platforms? If not, that's my second choise

Old Manus
11-29-2007, 09:27 PM
A Boy and His Blob: Trouble in Blobonia (i could never finish the first level but it was an interesting idea)
Duck Hunt
Swords & Serpents
Rescue: The Embassy Mission

Roto13
11-29-2007, 09:34 PM
A Boy and his Blob had a sequel as well. :P

A Boy and His Blob in The Rescue of Princess Blobette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Boy_and_His_Blob_in_The_Rescue_of_Princess_Blobette)

eestlinc
11-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Maniac Mansion

edczxcvbnm
11-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Bigfoot! I love that game. The AI was so good that if you were beating the living hell out of them then they would literally commit suicide so a new opponent could take you on...I guess if the AI was actually good they wouldn't have to commit suicide XD

Captain Maxx Power
11-30-2007, 12:33 AM

At last, someone posts something that makes me laugh out loud.

I'm personally a massive fan of River City Ransom. Still waiting for a decent RPG/Beat-em-up to come along.

leader of mortals
11-30-2007, 01:51 AM
Mega Man 2, come on now.

Wins

Ramza Beoulve
11-30-2007, 05:27 AM
Does Gargoyle's Quest have any sequels on other platforms? If not, that's my second choiseThere are three game of this series, and actually, the one on NES is the first sequel. I'll go for Duck Hunt and River City Ransom :).

Roto13
11-30-2007, 06:16 AM
There was a SNES sequel to Gargoyle's Quest called... Demon Crest or something. I remember reading somewhere that it actually had negative sales one week because more people returned it than bought it. That may have been a poorly delivered joke. :P

KentaRawr!
11-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Demon's Crest? That game was sweet. I never knew much of the series it's from, though, and I only know that the main character of Demon's Crest appears as a villain in other games some how, but that was so long ago I heard that, it's validity is questionable.

According to the interwabz, though, there was a Gargoyle's Quest 2 for the NES, but no Gargoyle's Quest 1. That was for the GB. So I don't think Demon's Crest is a direct sequel, but rather, a nice spin-off, if it is actually related to Gargoyle's Quest. Thus, since Gargoyle's Quest 2 has no direct sequels, it qualifies for this topic.

Yupz.

Edit: I take that back. Gargoyle's Quest, in itself, is a spin-off of Ghosts and Goblins, in which you play as the Red Demon Mini-Boss character. Demon's Crest, is, indeed, a direct sequel to Gargoyle's Quest.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-30-2007, 06:38 AM
Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion also had a sequel, albeit PC only, called Day of the Tentacle.

theundeadhero
11-30-2007, 11:53 AM
SuperC was a Contra game, and has had severl multi-platform sequals.
Ghosts and Goblins had a SNES sequal.

Wrecking Crew was an awesome game. It's entirely old school early NES days too.

Slothy
11-30-2007, 03:00 PM
SuperC was a Contra game, and has had severl multi-platform sequals.
Ghosts and Goblins had a SNES sequal.

I'm well aware. I just missed the no sequels part of the topic creators post.

Evastio
12-03-2007, 03:22 AM
I also just remembered the game Marble Madness which was also a lot of fun. It needed a saving system though.

Wrecking Crew was an awesome game. It's entirely old school early NES days too.
Wrecking Crew is a really awesome game. Especially since you can make your own levels.

But, it actually did have a sequel (http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/games/wc98). I hope they release Wrecking Crew '98 on the Virtual Console.

leader of mortals
12-03-2007, 08:43 PM
the very first, original, awesome, DRAGON WARRIOR 1!!!!!!!!!!!!