PDA

View Full Version : Who did you date at the golden saucer?

Aerith's Knight
11-28-2007, 08:39 PM
ok lets be honest(for a change) :)

who did you date at the golden saucer?.. and how long did it take you to get that date?

and i dont mean the first time you played.. but the special case that you just had to try out..

dont be ashamed if its barret :D

i only dated Aeris/Aerith, cause i liked her too much to say she was a drunken amnesia patient. :p

blackmage_nuke
11-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Ive dated Aeris and Tifa.

Aerith's Knight
11-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Ive dated Aeris and Tifa.

how many tries did it take you to get tifa?

blackmage_nuke
11-28-2007, 09:01 PM
I wasnt trying, i just got it on my second play through by being nice to her. I didnt even have to be that mean to Aeris

DK
11-28-2007, 09:16 PM
last playthrough was Barret, and it was superb. Only person I have left to date now is Yuffie.

ReloadPsi
11-28-2007, 10:47 PM
I've done all four. Yuffie's is the most amusing though. I was following a flowchart for hers, so it was easy. Barret took an obscene amount of attempts to get; eventually I got a flowchart for that as well.

Aeris seems to be easiest to get (cock up any of the other dates and she's who you'll get instead), whereas Tifa requires a bit of conscious effort, though not much.

By the way, there's no play if you get Barret: You pass through the doorway and he goes "Hey, congratula- oh fu- you're not a couple." Seeing as the play may be the most entertaining part of the date, I deem this to be a gargantuan disappointment for how much crap you have to do to date him.

Heath
11-28-2007, 11:14 PM
I've had them all apart from Barret. Didn't have a flowchart to get Barret and was just trying to sort it out myself with no success. I've seen the date though because I think they've all been put up on YouTube. They're all worth watching and interesting enough.

cloud21zidane16
11-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Ive done all four, their all quite amusing but i like having Cloud date Tifa better.

Bolivar
11-29-2007, 12:57 AM
first play i got aeris but i usually get tifa.

Crossblades
11-29-2007, 01:45 AM
I always get Aeris for some reason.

Heath
11-29-2007, 01:54 AM
Probably because Aeris is the easiest one to get and is automatically set up as the preferred date for Cloud. To get Yuffie or Barret (less so with Tifa) you have to really go out of your way to choose the right options in order to effect who your date is.

Big D
11-29-2007, 02:53 AM
I've done all the dates. First time was Aerith, second was Tifa. I had to look at a FAQ for tips on getting Yuffie, and had to follow a very detailed guide to get Barrett. But dammit, it was worth it.

It was all worth it.

Yuffie kissing Cloud on the cheek was sickeningly cute, and the homoeroticism dripping from the Barrett date was a fantastic change from the moody, repressed and fervently heterosexual tension that's rife in most of the other games. I'm glad FFVII was made without the western audience as a primary consideration, since it meant the writers could go in wacky, even exploratory directions without having to pussyfoot around too many sensitive areas.

MJN SEIFER
11-29-2007, 01:41 PM
I've done all too. But I mainly do thr Aeris one if I just want to be "true".

By the way, The ending of Barrett's "date" is weird! No, not like that...

Basically he asks Cloud which of the girls he likes, and when he gets no answer - he assumes Cloud's after Marlene, the 4 year old girl. I have no idea where that came from...

The Ceej
11-29-2007, 02:58 PM
I've always gotten Aeris. I saw someone get Tifa once and assumed he did something wrong.

Elly
11-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Tifa the first time playing, without trying, i didn't know there were alternatives at the time... 2nd time i purposely got Aerith just cuz she did promise Cloud a date... every time after that i got/get Tifa, well cuz Tifa & Cloud are the canon couple of FFVII, and seems to take no manipulation on my part to get it, actualy i was surprised when i first saw my lil brother get the Aerith date, i didn't know it was possible way back then, but i also never got the impression that CxA was supposed to be a couple either... i still should try to get the Yuffie and Barret dates just for a laugh though...

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-29-2007, 04:44 PM
ive done all but barret. the one i put exceptional effort into was yuffie. tend to get aeris most

f f freak
11-30-2007, 06:53 PM
I seem to always get Tifa because I'm always a lot nicer to her. I've had Aeris once and I'm trying to get Barret and Yuffie. My brother got Barret on his first playthrough. He was really horrible to all the girls and never included them in his parties though.

Big D
11-30-2007, 09:10 PM
My brother got Barret on his first playthrough. That man deserves a medal... I had no idea it'd be possible to get Barrett without specifically trying.

Breine
12-02-2007, 01:17 PM
I mostly just date Aerith when at the Golden Saucer. I've also had Tifa a couple of times, but trying to get Yuffie and Barret is just too much work for me to even consider it.

Tallulah
12-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Usually Aeris or Tifa. Though one time I desperately tried not to get Aeris, but got her anyway! :mad2:

I have dated Yuffie, but not Barrett. I have seen that date sequence on YouTube, so I don't see much point in trying, now. :(

f f freak
12-02-2007, 10:43 PM
My brother got Barret on his first playthrough. That man deserves a medal... I had no idea it'd be possible to get Barrett without specifically trying.

He really doesn't. He was an A-hole towards Tifa and Aeris. He never got Yuffie and he practially kissed Barrets as$ the whole game, even after the Date scene.

Aerith's Knight
12-02-2007, 11:19 PM

He really doesn't. He was an A-hole towards Tifa and Aeris. He never got Yuffie and he practially kissed Barrets as$ the whole game, even after the Date scene.

so.. has he come out of the closet yet?

psh.. being an @ss towards Aeris if not on purpose gets me angry grrr...

Dr. Acula
12-03-2007, 07:26 AM
I always get Tifa. Always. It's so easy! I'm gonna try for Yuffie next playthrough, then Barret the playthrough after that, then... maybe, if I feel like it... Aerith the playthrough after that.

oddler
12-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Cloud went with Aeris the first time I played and with Tifa every time after that.

f f freak
12-03-2007, 05:57 PM

so.. has he come out of the closet yet?

psh.. being an @ss towards Aeris if not on purpose gets me angry grrr...

...:eep:

Well that depends on if you like Aeris or not doesn't it?

demondude
12-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Aeris sucks.
You cannot flame the unflamable.

Nifleheim7
12-03-2007, 06:12 PM
First time it was Tifa.
The last time it was Aeris.

Aerith's Knight
12-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Aeris sucks.

*brings out the torch*

wanna bet?

demondude
12-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Aeris sucks.

*brings out the torch*

wanna bet?

Shame I'm miles away from you isn't it?

Aerith's Knight
12-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Aeris sucks.

*brings out the torch*

wanna bet?

Shame I'm miles away from you isn't it?

*burns hand*.. autch..

a little..

Jess
12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
I got Aeris pretty much every time, and Tifa once. I never tried to get anybody in particular. :jess:

Agent0042
12-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I have dated all of them at one time or another, but Yuffie is my favorite.

drotato
12-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Hehe, ALL of them. ;D

Hope that doesn't make me a whore. ;~;

Aerith's Knight
12-11-2007, 12:46 AM
no way.. makes you a hero :)

i didnt have the patience to do them all :p

did watch all the vids though

Elly
12-11-2007, 03:04 AM
isn't watching the vids on like YouTube or something like cheating or robbing yourself of the genuine experience...

Agent0042
12-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Not when the game forces you to replay it multiple times and make a series of confusing decisions, some of which you could only reasonably ever figure out with a guide, in order to get those outcomes.

Mirage
12-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Rikku.

Agent0042
12-11-2007, 04:03 PM
ROTFL. I want that date.

Aerith's Knight
12-11-2007, 04:22 PM
isn't watching the vids on like YouTube or something like cheating or robbing yourself of the genuine experience...

ive played it all the way through 4 times now.. with 3 times the golden chocobo and 2 times killing all the weapons.. i think i have the genuine experience hands down now..

Aerisfanatic
12-12-2007, 08:42 PM
I was nice to both aeris and tifa, but i still went on a date with aeris... i tryed to get yuffie once but it ended up being tifa

Agent0042
12-12-2007, 09:06 PM
There is a trick with Tifa. When you're imprisoned in the Shinra Building, Tifa asks if you think you can escape. You're given two options, and each time you talk to her, you can select one or the other. Just select either the positive or negative option a whole bunch (20-30 times should be good to be sure) depending on whether you do or don't want to date her.

Mirage
12-12-2007, 11:24 PM
ROTFL. I want that date.

Well you're not getting it. It's mine, I said.

Agent0042
12-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Well, I can dream anyway.

Oh, I forgot to mention before, but there's a trick with Yuffie too. When you get the scene to gain her for your party, make all the right decisions, but fail the last one. Each correct answer increases your chances of dating this process. Rinse and repeat this process once or twice and it surely increases your chances of dating her. Oh, and doing her sidequest helps too. Complete it fully, including the pagoda, and make sure to pull the lever she asks. You do not have to complete it though to date her; I've dated her before without it.

Aerith's Knight
12-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Rikku.

neat trick..

Mirage
12-13-2007, 05:26 PM
It's no trick. Do you think I am lying?!

Agent0042
12-13-2007, 05:54 PM
No, you're just living in a world we'd like to live in.

Fireglass
12-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Like most people, I had Aeris the first time around; later though, I dated Yuffie.

Juggernaut
12-17-2007, 09:42 PM
OK, get all of the materias at master level.

Kill all the weapons, have your stables filled with white chocobos, (one in your ship as well), have all weapons/all other wearable items. You get the point.

Then, when you fight Safer Sephiroth, kill yourself with all players.

Now, Hojo will come up with his GO-BACK-IN-TIME machine, and take you back to the night when you went on the date. (It doesn't matter who.)

BUT, now, you get to go with A CHOCOBO!!!!! :choc2: :choc2: :choc2: :choc2: :choc2: :choc2: :choc2: :choc2: :choc2: :choc2:

More specifically, a sexi chocobo named Juggernaut.....

Agent0042
12-18-2007, 03:56 PM
And if anyone believes any of that, I have some lovely Ohio oceanfront to offer them.

FFIX Choco Boy
01-06-2008, 04:35 AM
OMG, YOU CAN GO WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE?!?!?!?!

I've only ever gotten Barret, and I went through the game like 20 times!

Agent0042
01-06-2008, 04:54 AM
ROTFL.

Aerith's Knight
01-06-2008, 01:37 PM
that would be so wrong =)