PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero III help

PyroManiak
11-28-2007, 09:13 PM
There's a Guitar hero III tournament at my school this friday and I took up a challenge from a friend not knowing it was Guitar Hero III...I took the bet because I'm extremely good at Guitar Hero II and assumed it was that game we were going to play...so What's the difference beetween II and III and what changes will I have to adjust to if there are any?

Also advise me whether or not I should back out because we are also going to have DDR and It'd be hard to convince him to play that instead but I could do it.

((Mainly I'm just interested in any gameplay changes but information about new songs would be good although Im inevitably pretty much screwed in that I don't get to practice any of the new songs)))

Slothy
11-28-2007, 09:48 PM
GHIII is harder than two. By a fairly wide margin. There are songs on hard that rival stuff from GHII on Expert. I'd say that's the main difference to watch for. Aside from that, notes that can use hammer ons/pull-offs are lit up now making it easier to hit them. Those are about the only real gameplay changes you probably need to worry about, though I've yet to play multiplayer so I don't know if the stupid attacks that appear in boss battles are there as well. I'm pretty sure they are in online though, so hopefully you guys don't use them if you play multiplayer.

boys from the dwarf
11-28-2007, 10:02 PM
its not neccasarily harder but until you get used to it, you'll find it difficult compared to 2.

hammer ons and pull offs aren't based on the closeness of notes and tempo of the song. they seem to be based on whether in real life the guitarist might use a HO or PO. so none of the unrealistically long hammer on and pull off sequences that cant realy be done in real life and still sound normal.

E.G you might be in a really fast section even though every single notes the same distance apart, you may have to strum for some of them simply because it sounds right.

its hard to explain and i was confused at first.

it take some getting used to but once you are used to it, it isn't that much harder (gameplay wise, not song wise) seems as the accuracy for timing on HO's and PO's aren't so important. the error margin for timing seems to be what compensates for the harder songs.

i'm pretty sure most of these songs would actually be harder played on GH2.

you'll eventually play the game and work things out for yourself so yey.