PDA

View Full Version : Vanities

rubah
11-29-2007, 12:12 AM
I look at myself in every reflective surface I come upon as I walk by. Mirrors, windows, glass doors; there's no point in looking to preen since I don't bother to stop, so it's not like I'm a total bighead (:()

Maybe I look to verify that I exist and am visible?

Aerith's Knight
11-29-2007, 12:19 AM
i do it sometimes to see if my hair is still normal(it gets messed up by wind a lot)

but not always.. thats a bit vain im afraid

Rye
11-29-2007, 12:21 AM
I do that constantly too. It's because I'm constantly trying to see if I'm fat or not.

Jessweeee♪
11-29-2007, 12:31 AM
I look at myself in every reflective surface I come upon as I walk by. Mirrors, windows, glass doors; there's no point in looking to preen since I don't bother to stop, so it's not like I'm a total bighead (:()

Maybe I look to verify that I exist and am visible?

Me too :(

Roto13
11-29-2007, 12:35 AM
I can name, like, three people on this forum who are obviously messed up in the head but act like it makes them somehow superior. There's no bigger sign of vanity than acting like your broken leg is more useful than everyone else's normal, un-injured leg.

Madame Adequate
11-29-2007, 12:48 AM
I can name, like, three people on this forum who are obviously messed up in the head but act like it makes them somehow superior. There's no bigger sign of vanity than acting like your broken leg is more useful than everyone else's normal, un-injured leg.

So do it. Don't sit around acting superior - back up what you say and call them out for real on it.

Yamaneko
11-29-2007, 12:48 AM
lol

Roto13
11-29-2007, 12:49 AM

So do it. Don't sit around acting superior - back up what you say and call them out for real on it.

Don't make me get banned. >_>

Madame Adequate
11-29-2007, 12:51 AM

Then don't bring it up in the first place. If you can't back it up, don't take shots like that.

Jessweeee♪
11-29-2007, 12:54 AM
o.o

Roto13
11-29-2007, 12:56 AM

Then don't bring it up in the first place. If you can't back it up, don't take shots like that.

... You think I'm talking about you, don't you? >_> Relax, you're don't use your Ouedipus complex to fuel your ego. :P (As far as I can tell.)

Madame Adequate
11-29-2007, 01:03 AM

... You think I'm talking about you, don't you? >_> Relax, you're don't use your Ouedipus complex to fuel your ego. :P (As far as I can tell.)

I imagine if I had an Oedipus Complex it might be easier to use to that end. :monster: See, this is why I got mad - nobody knows if you mean them or not. There are more than three people who have discussed personal issues on this forum and I wager a good number of them could worry that you're classing them into this group.

On topic, I don't really check myself a lot, just seeing if my hair is straight and suchlike.

Roto13
11-29-2007, 01:07 AM
Great big who cares. :P

See, that's the thing. These people would never do that. They're too busy obsessing over how they're smarter than everyone. And fantasizing about burning down orphanages.

oddler
11-29-2007, 01:08 AM
The only time I look in the mirror is when I get out of the shower. :choc2:

Madame Adequate
11-29-2007, 01:09 AM

See, that's the thing. These people would never do that. They're too busy obsessing over how they're smarter than everyone. And fantasizing about burning down orphanages.

Still sounds a whole lot like me. :p

XxSephirothxX
11-29-2007, 01:16 AM
I hate that. :p Or just people who are into the whole "I'm better than you" internet persona, whether its legit or actually self deprecating.

Anyway, my hair is constantly bothering me because it's too long, so if I see a mirror/reflective surface while on campus I'll usually glance at it to see how it looks. In general, I am not a mirror person. I am generally confident that I exist.

Captain Maxx Power
11-29-2007, 01:18 AM
I usually avoid mirrors because it forces me harshly into the reality of my current aesthetic situation, which is less than desirable. I look like a middle-aged woman, it's smurfing embarrassing.

Jessweeee♪
11-29-2007, 01:32 AM
Hate is bad ; ;

Shiny
11-29-2007, 02:02 AM
It's odd how my school has randomly placed mirrors on the wall, but it's even odder how people stop at them to look at themselves constantly. This one girl was late for class while looking at herself in the hallway. Another girl would stop at the same mirror the same period every day until one day I went up to her and was like, "Are you going to make out with the mirror? Just asking, cuz you're with it so much."

Jimsour
11-29-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm vain as fuck, I'd use a spoon to look at myself if it didnt look odd. Is usually to check if my hairs alright though.

Fonzie
11-29-2007, 02:13 AM

lik srsly

~*~Celes~*~
11-29-2007, 02:29 AM
I only look in mirrors if I'm trying to style my hair or do my makeup.

Jojee
11-29-2007, 03:37 AM
All women do that, practically. Some people conducted an experiment where they had a mirror that was actually one of those room on the other side type things, and they found that 95%+ or some ridiculous amount of women always feel compelled to look into a mirror/reflective surface if they pass by one. Learned it in some class ^_^

Rengori
11-29-2007, 06:09 AM
All women do that, practically. Some people conducted an experiment where they had a mirror that was actually one of those room on the other side type things, and they found that 95%+ or some ridiculous amount of women always feel compelled to look into a mirror/reflective surface if they pass by one. Learned it in some class ^_^

Wow, my whole case for being a straight male seems to get thinner and thinner every day. I always look into reflective surfaces when I pass to make sure my hair is alright.

fire_of_avalon
11-29-2007, 06:40 AM
I make faces at myself in every reflective thing I notice. Counts?

escobert
11-29-2007, 07:37 AM
I look at the boogies in my nose.

CloudDragon
11-29-2007, 09:35 AM
I'd say everyone does to a certain extent, and most people to some degree care what they look like.

It's always to check my hair to be honest and see when I need to shave next.

Bunny
11-29-2007, 12:54 PM

I'm one of them, aren't I?

I stare at myself in the mirror constantly, looking deep into my own eyes, falling in love all over again.

Jess
11-29-2007, 01:11 PM
I almost always check a mirror if I'm walking past one to see whether I look disgusting or not, or to check if my hair is ruined by the awful British weather. :jess:

Breine
11-29-2007, 02:47 PM
I look at myself in every reflective surface I come upon as I walk by. Mirrors, windows, glass doors; there's no point in looking to preen since I don't bother to stop, so it's not like I'm a total bighead (:

I do that as well. It's kind of a bad habit I guess?

Loony BoB
11-29-2007, 03:03 PM
I have a similar problem. Only with breasts, not mirrors. :( I'm a <s>perv</s> male.

Skyblade
11-29-2007, 03:16 PM
You look to verify that you are not a vampire.

And it's quite obvious that Roto was speaking of me.

fire_of_avalon
11-29-2007, 04:00 PM
roto was totally talking about me because I am all that and a box of cheerios guys!

Zeldy
11-29-2007, 04:17 PM
I always check to see that my fringe isnt all SEPERATED. I hate it when it seperates and gives me curtains, argh. Im so OCD over my hair ever since having a full fringe cut in :p I always check to see if my hair is a mess and whether I need to re-do my makeup (which I pretty much always need to do)

Shauna
11-29-2007, 04:57 PM
I look at myself in the mirror, but it's not like I change anything. I just like looking at myself, I think. I always have. I generally don't care how I look, as long as I look moderately presentable!

Heath
11-29-2007, 05:40 PM

Well that rules me out. Burning down orphanages is so last year. I'd rather go for a controlled explosion on Christmas Day.

I don't really go out of my way to check my appearance other than of a morning, making sure that my hair isn't a complete mess, that I've shaved properly, etc, etc. My hair tends to get blown around in the wind so I futilely try to fix it sometimes but if I feel it's a bit all over the place I might check my reflection in a car window or something. Only if I feel it's likely to be a complete mess and there happens to be a car there. I don't go out of my way to do it, just as I'm walking past it or something. As for looking at something to prove I exist, I like to assume I exist until proven otherwise and so checking my reflection is there could have potentially hazardous results for me.

Denmark
11-29-2007, 06:42 PM

Skyblade wins.

I do look at myself, I think partly because I see something moving out of the corner of my eye first and I'm like "oh what's that thing moving oh it's just me :(". Then I continue looking at myself.

Aerith's Knight
11-29-2007, 06:49 PM

Skyblade wins.

I do look at myself, I think partly because I see something moving out of the corner of my eye first and I'm like "oh what's that thing moving oh it's just me :(". Then I continue looking at myself.

you know when its bad when you cry out in fear of your reflection.. maybe you should see someone about that :p

Shlup
11-30-2007, 03:30 AM
When I was a kid I totally forgot what I looked like and had to go to the bathroom mirror to remind myself.

Slade
11-30-2007, 04:45 AM
I look at my reflection in everything I come accross but that's only cause I'm so frikken beautiful :-*

But seriously, I just like to make sure I don't look like a goof. Especially my hair, cause it's at a length where it looks stupid if it's a windy day. Hence why I'm due for a haircut.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-30-2007, 12:16 PM
If I happen to pass by a mirror, which is rare, I might fix my hair if needs be, but I don't get any enjoyment out of it. Sure, I think I'm handsome, but not that much.

Peegee
11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I have no idea whY I keep looking at myself in the mirror. I'm reminded of the rationale strippers have of doing it. Maybe that's me :p

rubah
11-30-2007, 03:33 PM
what rationale is that, peegies?

Shoeberto
11-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Sometimes I like looking in the mirror and other times I don't. Depends on what my self-image is like on that day.

CloudDragon
11-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I have a similar problem. Only with breasts, not mirrors. :( I'm a <s>perv</s> <i>heterosexual</i> male.

Roto13
11-30-2007, 10:43 PM

Low self-esteem? Their parents failed somewhere? They want to watch for cold sores? xP

No.78
11-30-2007, 10:45 PM
I always admire myself in the mirror after a shower.

Because wet hair makes me sexy.

Then I wake up in the morning and look at myself in my galaxy photo (i use the reflective surface of the glass as a mirror), and go "Ugh, you so ugleh"

So it's a love hate thing, which transcends on a spectrum as the day goes on XP

It's mainly hair's fault.

LanceOfTime
12-21-2007, 02:00 PM
:( wierdly enough....i am attracted to my own self...and look in every reflective surface :(...

Peegee
12-21-2007, 03:04 PM

Well hearsay tells me that they do it because they don't have to look at the other people looking at her as a sex object.

That's right. Other people see pg as a sex object. =(

wait

=) !

Iceglow
12-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Well I have to admit I'm as vain as they come, I seriously do preen myself in every damn reflection I get, it's an addiction I'm like cat from red dwarf but I'm white and better looking :P Seriously though, the meetup loki all but had to drag me away from the mirrors the hotel was FULL of them.

Luther X-Rated
12-21-2007, 05:08 PM
I look at myself in the mirror for about ten minutes after I shower and dress.

It makes me more confident when I take on the world.