PDA

View Full Version : Which platforms do you own?

Discord
11-29-2007, 12:29 AM
/\
||

Poll resulting from the One Console to Rule Them All thread. I'm just curious how many of you have actually got (or will certainly get before the start of the 2008) which gaming platform.

Just to keep this slightly less numerical, which do you think is your favourite and why?

Roto13
11-29-2007, 12:31 AM
You mean this generation? This generation I just have a Wii so far. I won't be getting anything else for Christmas, but I believe my husband will be buying me a PS3 for my birthday in June. :P If all goes according to plan.

Discord
11-29-2007, 12:39 AM
You mean this generation? This generation I just have a Wii so far. I won't be getting anything else for Christmas, but I believe my husband will be buying me a PS3 for my birthday in June. :P If all goes according to plan.

Meh, polls always take so long to fill out properly. *knows for sure he forgot something important*

Vermachtnis
11-29-2007, 12:44 AM
GBA/DS/PS2/Gamecube is all. But I've got a PSP under the tree. Even though it's a handheld ;p

Roto13
11-29-2007, 12:59 AM
Oh, look, a poll. And an edit to the original post. :P

I have a bunch, but right now my DS is getting the most attention. If I could play my Wii (I have horrible luck with tvs) it'd probably be up there, though. Right now, I can't play any console games. >_>

Rostum
11-29-2007, 01:02 AM
Playstation 2, PC, and DS. My girlfriend has her Wii at my place most of the time though, but I don't play it much (until I buy her some games for it).

Fatal Impurity
11-29-2007, 01:48 AM
Hmm PC is the best...it's versatility is what makes it so great! That and the fact that most of the best looking/most damanding games have always been on the PC. You can make mods, play online for free, chat with your friends easily and actually have a good aim with FPS games!

But with this generations consoles things could change...

Consoles merits have always been with its standardised hardware which makes programming significantly easier and leaves less room for bugs especially where it comes to hardware incompatibility. But consoles aren't flawless and some bugs get brought through as 99.9% of videogames are programmed on PC, hence "translation" errors occur.

So its all about what you prefer, being on the VERY expensive forfront of gaming with all the best graphics and sound but also bugs galore.

OR

Having more stable less buggy games that lack free online play (for the most part) and a less advanced social networking system and community.

Madame Adequate
11-29-2007, 02:03 AM
PC, PS2, PS1, 360, X-Box, Dreamcast, Saturn, N64, and Mega Drive. Have had various Game Boys, as well as a DS.

Slothy
11-29-2007, 11:52 AM
PC, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, Dreamcast, Game Boy, Game Boy Color. I had a PSX though I gave it to a friend since I have no use for it anymore, and I also gave my sister my Genesis years ago. My sister also has a Wii and a DS, so I can essentially play those whenever I want. Of them all, I'd say my favourite lately has been my PS3 since Uncharted is absolutely amazing. Had Portal not been released this year, I'd say Uncharted was my favourite game this year. Overall though, My PS2 is my obvious choice for favourite (though if I included every game my PS3 could play, I suppose it would still be my favourite). With over 60 games for it, with some of the best games I've ever played included among them, it's hard not to love that system to death.

Bunny
11-29-2007, 12:59 PM
PC, PS2, PSX, Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS, Gameboy Advanced SP, Game Boy Color, and NES.

Dreddz
11-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Gameboy, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, PSP, Neo Geo, DS, Xbox 360 and a PS3.

My Master System, Gameboy and PS1 are trash now though.

Ouch!
11-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, PSP, PC, and DS. Those are the ones currently in my possession. I'll eventually buy a PS3 eventually, but not before 2008. There are many others I no longer own.

Rase
11-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Wii, SNES, DS, GBA, GBC, and PC. I had an Xbox but don't anymore. If I could I would get a 360.

Favorite would definitely be SNES. Combination of Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV & VI, Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Street Fighter II... the list goes on for me.

Zeldy
11-29-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm combining with my brother ;] but we have: Playstation 1, 2x DS, DS Lite, Megadrive, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, SNES, Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox, 2x PC, Gameboy Micro, Gameboy SP, 2x Gameboy Advance, Gameboy pocket and a Gameboy colour.

^_^;

Breine
11-30-2007, 01:39 PM
GameBoy, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, GameCube and PC. I used to have a NES as well, but for some asinine reason I sold it when I was younger :eep:

Of the new generation I'd first like to have a PlayStation 3 and then later on a Wii.

theundeadhero
11-30-2007, 05:27 PM
I currently have a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Playstation, Playstation 2, XBox, XBox 360, Gameboy SP, and PC.

In the past I have owned all the various models of the gameboy and a Sega Genesis. I also used to have a DS but I left it on an airplane.

I suppose eventually I will buy a PS3, if enough cool games ever come out for it.

Nifleheim7
12-01-2007, 01:11 AM
2 PC's
2 PS2's
PS1
GBA
DS

My PS1 is dead but i keep it for the memories.:p
I have one PS2 (fat) that only plays PS1 and first gen PS2 games,and a slim one for newer PS2 games.
Also i have never played any games on my PC's!:eek:

saf
12-09-2007, 04:32 AM
nintendo all the way

Ramza Beoulve
12-09-2007, 04:54 AM
Let me see... NES, SNES, PlayStation, PlayStation2, PS2 silver edition, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP and Game Boy micro. My favorites would be my silver PS2, my SP and my micro, the first because I simply love to play on it, and the second and third because I have been using them A LOT lately (anyway, my SNES holds a special place in my heart) :).

Northcrest
12-09-2007, 01:51 PM
PC, DS, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Playstation 1, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Color, Gameboy, Gameboy advance SP. For Christmas I'm suppose to get a Wii with either Mario and Sonic Olympics or Naruto Clash of Ninjas Revolution.

Proxy
12-10-2007, 03:41 AM
LOL @ PS3

Aerith's Knight
12-10-2007, 01:37 PM
PC, Xbox, xbox 360, gamecube, Wii, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, DS lite, NES, SNES, Nintendo original(original zelda woo), Gameboy adv and thats about it.. hmm.. not too shabby

Loony BoB
12-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Two high end PCs, a PS2 in the UK and a PS1 (broken) in NZ somewhere, I think. Probably in a tip. :p I also have a mobile phone with java support but I forgot to vote for that.

kjguydftxyjy
12-14-2007, 09:03 AM
PC, Gamecube, Playstation 3, Playstation 2, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Color, Gameboy.

Clouded Sky
12-15-2007, 04:53 AM
NES, SNES, Sega Genesis/CD combo, Nintendo 64, PS1, PS2, GameCube, Wii, Game Boy, GBA, DS, PC.

escobert
12-15-2007, 05:27 AM
PC is my main source of gaming. Other than that I own a N64.

No.78
12-15-2007, 10:31 AM
PC, PS2, GBA, GBA:SP, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Nintendo DS and might be getting a Wii for Christmas. I intend to get a PS3 also, eventually.

My Playstation is at my Nan's house, and my sister has my gameboy colour, I think.

My PSP broke =(

KoShiatar
12-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Together with my boyfriend, we have two DS lite (one a rare Japanese navy blue model), two PC's, the best being his (but mine is loaded with all kinds of emulators), various Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance (long story but we have craploads of them...), one GBA SP, one PSP, one Playstation 2 and one flaming new Wii. And a Java-supporting phone, but nobody uses it as a gaming console, so meh.

scrumpleberry
12-15-2007, 09:39 PM
My gamecube is no longer in action because I have a Wii, my N64 isn't showing any colours, my Dreamcast is bust :kaocry2:, my GBC went bust years ago.

So, Wii and PC.