PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a good guide?

Keglineq
11-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi,

i played ffx when it first came out and failed rather spectacularly at it so this time of round i'd like a bit of help :D i tried searching the forum for an answer but so many results came up i couldn't get through them all. i know i can find one easily by Google but i want a good one. any suggestions?

thanks!

Tavrobel
11-29-2007, 11:00 PM
GameFAQs.

Alternatively, there is the Strategy Guide from BradyGames. It's $20, but it has pretty pictures.

However, what is your current question, first of all? There are surely those that can answer.

No.78
11-30-2007, 08:03 PM
I was the same, but I also realized I was much younger, stupider and less experienced in the field of games when it first came out.

I think if you play it now you'll find it much easier, a good tip is to never run away from a battle.

Keglineq
11-30-2007, 08:25 PM
there's loads on gamefaq!

the sphere grid intimidates me lol. i'm a FF8 gal and the junction system is sooooooo much easier. last time i ended up with crap abilities and stuff. there's too many options in 10 with the character switching in battle and what not

Yar
11-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Try to get everyone in a battle and take an action once (even if it's defend) because it doesn't matter if only one person participates or all seven do, they always will get the same amount of AP. (The set AP for a battle isn't divided by 3, 7, etc.)

cally777
12-05-2007, 07:19 PM
If yr intimidated by the sphere grid, then just use the basic grid and follow the default paths. You will get a fairly balanced party and not have to worry until you reach the level 3 locks. The only decision concerns Kimahri who has no default. I would strongly reccommend guiding him to the thief path as at least he won't be slow and may do some good. You need to wait until you have level one keys (bloke on high road and in Rin's first inn will do it).

:choc::choc::choc:

Sain Cai
12-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Unless you play FFX while online, I would suggest the Brady Guide, but seeing you are from Ireland, wouldnt you have the PAL version with Dark Aeons? If thats the case, I know there was another english guide, but I cannot recollect the name.

As for the switching part, just use the characters you want to use. In my playthrough, I only use 4 main characters, Yuna, Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku. I level Kimahri up for his grid only, just for his solo battle. I was never into using Lulu much, and sometimes, instead of a Wakka playthrough, I use Auron (for a second Gen FFX).