PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Mafia forum

Miriel
11-30-2007, 05:17 AM
You guys can use this forum to discuss, strategize, etc.

Don't worry, only you three and Del Murder and I can see this forum. We checked it all out and it's all good and secure. :)

An important thing though, make sure your Pokemon accounts are set to INVISIBLE. This way, any other person looking through the Who's Online won't see you doing anything suspicious like viewing a random unknown forum.

Each night, figure out who you want to kill and once you've decided, create a new thread with the title, Kill: _______ (fill in the blank with the name of your hit, obviously :p).

Goodluck!

[M] Gaius
11-30-2007, 05:34 AM
Alright. Headquarters! I'm ready when you guys are.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
11-30-2007, 12:00 PM
I have School for the next 7 and a half hours after that I'll be ready with the weekend :D

[M] Gaius
11-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Okay. Just throwing this out there. Let's get some ideas moving around in here.

Depending on who the sorry saps for citizens vote for in the first round, I think we should all vote for different people in the first one unless that seems too obvious.

Another strategy would be to have you one of us vote for each other to cover it up so that at most one of us gets taken down at a time. That might be better off saved for later, though. Thoughts?

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
11-30-2007, 07:55 PM
I've formulated a few ideas.

Roles. If we all act the same, and have the same opinions we might find ourselves in some trouble. Thats why we could all make pretend persona's. 1 of us will be the finger pointing loudmouth. He'll make accusations here and there, and eventually be disregarded by the others as credible. Which could be useful later on perhaps we could have him even point at one of us, and having such a bad track record that would make us look better. Another of us could be a follow, usually picking one person to agree with, doesn't look too suspicious. The last will be important. He'll be a last minute contributor, this person will hopefully tip the scales away from us and to a townsperson/opponent.

[M] Gaius
11-30-2007, 09:08 PM
I agree with those ideas. I think this will be hard to pull off the first round, though, so maybe we should lay low-profile for at least the first round (not pointing any blatant fingers). As soon as a person is noticed and locked-on by the citizens, they get torn apart quickly. Having one of us ousted in the first round or two isn't going to be good.

Edit: Who's most widely accepted as a worthless Pokemon? I don't know a whole lot about them. :)

[M] Mom – Host
11-30-2007, 11:50 PM
I think Sandshrew and I should try to get involved, and Ditto can sort of try to pick fights and become not so populer etc.

[M] Gaius
11-30-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm fine with that if Sandshrew is fine with it. Let's stay in agreement before we go doing things haphazardly. :)

[M] Mom – Host
11-30-2007, 11:58 PM
To tell you the truth I don't think the persona bit is too important because any random person with any persona could have been picked for anything. We might even have the most bitter EoFF nominees as townies for all we know...

I think we should until we actually are in positions where people can be threats against us, actually randomly pick people to kill so at first we have absolutely no reason to be nervous or suspicious.

ADD:: my one question however is how can we get other people to be killed and not us if it's not based on suspicion... I feel as if either we let them continue randomly killing or enter the battlefield where suspicions can arise but when can lead them to kill other people... so which should we choose? I think we should sort of enter soon because not bieng involved in serious interactions can also cause suspicion.

and Ditto I think you should contest Evee as if you don't like her or she's offended you because it would help your persona. and I realised my comment at psyduck was a bit off my intended persona and I should be nicer.

ADD::since the Mafia is so based on pokemon we should also consider things like moves that we can use to dodge situations that are socially not good for us. ( if you get in a stupid fight and realise battling is unwanted attention) we can use our pokemon moves... like I can use Amnesia and forget everything that's going on if someone asks me a stumping question that could potentially prove my Mafia affiliation.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Whatever persona you choose from the beginning, stick with it for the most part to the end. Teetering back and forth in front of everyone is going to bring attention to you.

For now, I think I'll let what Eevee said blow over. I'd rather not have to fight for my life for a while. :p

I'll come in here in a bit and start conversing but, for now, I'm going to let them dig their own holes. I think you're fairly safe, Slowpoke. Doesn't look like they suspect you at all.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 12:39 AM
erm...I think we should have cemented our strategy before the game even started but we can still do it now, it's an obvious way to relieve and nerve or stress or insecurity to post and be an active innocent-looking pokemon and also just makes me cool...bieng in their with no strategy makes me feel like I'm wire-tapped. :(

I'm going to teetertot persona I think, because I don't even know mines yet.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Okay. It makes sense to switch around in the beginning. None of us are too sure what everyone else is thinking.

I'd like to be the one that points fingers later but I'm definitely not going to start this early.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 12:48 AM
I have a slight idea of what my persona will be like but I want to write it down...

So far I know i'm going to be very pokemon related and base most of my actions based of my pokemon to an extreme level. Also I will when I get the chance after a while (i'm supposed to be slow) I won't point fingers exactly but vote to lynch someone with ease...especially if I'm asked.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 01:50 AM
Woah, appearently I've been the only one with a busy day 0.o

Anyway. I agree we can't use the roles too early, in fact I thought that right after I posted it, but I had to go good thing we appear to be on the same page. :D

I think we should try and stay consistant and pick very early at first.

I want to be the last minute person... because I won't be on that often this weekend and during the week (lots of school work), so it should appear genuine.

For now, I think I'm gonna try and see who everyone is going against and hope it isn't us.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 02:44 AM

Anyway. I agree we can't use the roles too early, in fact I thought that right after I posted it, but I had to go good thing we appear to be on the same page. :D

I want to be the last minute person... because I won't be on that often this weekend and during the week (lots of school work), so it should appear genuine.

For now, I think I'm gonna try and see who everyone is going against and hope it isn't us.

unfortunately most people are smart enough to realize going against anyone so far would be stupid. So right now we don't have to do anything...

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 02:49 AM

unfortunately most people are smart enough to realize going against anyone so far would be stupid. So right now we don't have to do anything...
Thats not totally true. Psyduck is acting suspicious so maybe if we get lucky someone will join me in finger point at him and that will = win

But right now no one is on.

Note: Don't join me. Lets see if nonmafia people suspect him. Its early, we can add our two cents to try and fool them, and make us think we are Citizens trying to help, but we do not want to show our hand and look suspicious early on.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 02:55 AM
I agree that Slowpoke and I should stay out of this for right now. I was waiting for someone to finally vote and Psyduck grabbed the bait. Finally. Now we see what happens. :)

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 02:57 AM
Don't get too excited and vote to agree with him. Right now Psyduck is in a bad position, and might end up getting lynched himself.

EDIT: Just thought I should throw this out here...

Post here lots. And don't PM, we should all be in each others minds to make sure we don't mess up each others plans... or not cooperate. Also, I've noticed I can't see when your on.
This has given me thoughts. Control how much you are on/visible. If they're really cunning (or maybe desperate), they might see inactivity, or activity without looking at the thread as suspecious.

Here is a conversation me and Slowpoke had Ditto.

erm...right now I'll hold fire(my vote) and stand by and I fear if Psyduck retorts It would be suspicious to defend you, so we need to try not to get to personal because in personal battles I obviously can't back you up, but if you were to accuse someone of something like inactivity or bieng a mafia member I can back you up... So next time you point fingers I don't know how but try to set me up to back you up without suspiscion. The main thing most people will look for is groups of people that seem to have an alliance.
We should be posting this. Ditto has to be included we have to be in each others heads. I'm going to copy and paste this into the thread.

Don't back me up unless I tell you otherwise, because I may make moves like that on my own some times out of my haste, and I don't want to bring down the entire team with a half baked idea.

Altough obviously psyduck is not part of the mafia it seems like either he's extremely active for a citizen maybe just because he wants to have fun in the game... or that he is some sort of loner role like a serial-killer or vigilante. one of the weird roles.

Maybe...
Maybe not. Its early. Psyduck may be a mafia member choosing to distract everyone and let his team members initiate some sort of plan. Sure thats a bit farfetch'd (lol pokemon), but right now we have to be cautious its early anything could be a possibility.
I'm going to continue watching and maybe posting (if I get back up/ it doesn't look odd) on this Psyduck situation only, no need to reveal a possible truce.
I'll be careful though.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 03:10 AM
I'm sorry that I've kind of been a slowpoke with you guys because when I get in character it kind of affects me as well. I can take time for moves(votes) and chatting because my char is naturally slow but I will try to be quick and on the page with you guys so expect me in this thread more than the other. :)

Right now I will make no moves, except back up the majority and go for the kill as long as it benefits the Mafia... unfortunately my slow and passive position will not allow me to back up you guys as much but I realize I still have the full power of a vote but voting can be more suspicious if I voted alot but didn't exclaim any moves or thoughts of moves allowed...(they would know I thought about what I do somewhere else) ie. Our thread

right now I think I should vote not with you guys ...or against you guys...but against someone else who is not with us that you didnt vote for... like while you two might vote for psyduck I could vote for who psyduck voted for..geodue...causing his position even worse..but also worsening mines...but making it better(for me) if they find out PsyDuck isnt in the mafia.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 03:11 AM
I definitely wasn't thinking about voting with him. We're on the same page. I agree that we should keep the conversations in here and make sure all three of us know what each other is doing. As far as the invisible thing goes, I've stayed invisible and haven't changed it once. I'm going to keep it that way until someone calls me on it and say that it was like that when I logged in. Which it was! I'll just tell them I didn't notice it.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 03:14 AM
I definitely wasn't thinking about voting with him. We're on the same page. I agree that we should keep the conversations in here and make sure all three of us know what each other is doing. As far as the invisible thing goes, I've stayed invisible and haven't changed it once. I'm going to keep it that way until someone calls me on it and say that it was like that when I logged in. Which it was! I'll just tell them I didn't notice it.

Miriel openly made a post that people should be invisible...so don't change it because it's a good thing and can't cause suspisions...

"((lol pokemon))"
*slaps* pokemon are serious busines!!

lol just joking... btw who is the boss out of us 3? 0.0

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Let's stick back some more.

We need to see who else votes now. Right now only Psyduck has voted, and at this rate... it might stay low like that...

So us not voting now is the best situation. What's the worst thing that happens? We wait so long its night, Geodude is killed with one vote, and we get to eliminate someone? ;)

EDIT- Boss? I don't know? I assumed a natural leader would emerge. If we need to get a boss later we will, but we can't be fighting within ourselves.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 03:17 AM
I'm the boss. :shifty: Why do you want to know?

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 03:19 AM
I'm the boss. :shifty: Why do you want to know?
Wait there was actually a boss assigned? Or are you joking?

Miriel
12-01-2007, 03:19 AM
Sandshrew, I asked that you guys be invisible in my post up there *points* because otherwise, people can see from Who's Online that you guys are looking at an invisible forum.

Also, if someone clicks on your profile at the same time that you're viewing/posting in this forum, they will see this: Viewing Forum @ 7:18 PM. So to safe guard against that, you should click into this forum and then open up the forum index in another tab or window so that it'll show your latest activity as: Viewing Forum Index @ 7:19 PM.

I honestly don't think that people are gonna be snoopin' around your profiles, but if you want to be extra careful...

By all means go visible when you're not viewing this forum. But it might be safer to just be invisible all the time.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 03:20 AM
Sandshrew, I asked that you guys be invisible in my post up there *points* because otherwise, people can see from Who's Online that you guys are looking at an invisible forum.

Also, if someone clicks on your profile at the same time that you're viewing/posting in this forum, they will see this: Viewing Forum @ 7:18 PM. So to safe guard against that, you should click into this forum and then open up the forum index so that it'll show your latest activity as: Viewing Forum Index @ 7:19 PM.

I honestly don't think that people are gonna be snoopin' around your profiles, but if you want to be extra careful...

By all means go visible when you're not viewing this forum. But it might be safer to just be invisible all the time.

Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT While your here...
Was there some kind of boss title given? If so what does it mean?

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 03:28 AM
Miriel, do we show up on the Who's Online list if we're invisible to moderators and administrators? And if we're invisible, our last activity shown will be the last activity while visible, right?

In other words, if we stay invisible, are we safe from being seen at all?

Del Murder
12-01-2007, 03:32 AM
There is no way to be invisible to moderators and administrators.

Miriel
12-01-2007, 03:35 AM
I've instructed all Moderators playing the game NOT to look at the Who's Online throughout the duration of this game. But even if they do, they can't see these forums either. So don't worry about it. Also, while invisible, no one other than Moderators can see any recent activity info in your profiles. And I've told the CKs not to look at Pokemon profiles either. Everything is safe and sound as long as you guys keep invisible.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 03:41 AM
BUT they can still see us "Viewing Forum", which would be fishy, correct? :p

Also, yes, I'm the godfather. I don't know if that's bad that I'm telling you guys or not. They're mean and didn't tell me if I should let you know or not.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 03:42 AM
BUT they can still see us "Viewing Forum", which would be fishy, correct? :p

Also, yes, I'm the godfather. I don't know if that's bad that I'm telling you guys or not. They're mean and didn't tell me if I should let you know or not.
Does that change anything (I.E. do we lose if you die?).
If so then you should stay conservative.

Miriel
12-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Moderators can, but I told them not to look through profiles and Who's Online during the game. Which means they won't see the recent activity.

Sandshrew, read the Mafia wiki linked in the first post of the Mafia Discussion thread. It explains what a Mafia godfather is.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 03:47 AM
Okay.

Basically, I'm a regular mafia member but if I get investigated by a cop, I turn up as a citizen.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 03:50 AM
Okay.

Basically, I'm a regular mafia member but if I get investigated by a cop, I turn up as a citizen.
Oh thats cool. :thumb:

Lets leave this whole invisible thing behind us and get back on topic toward strategy. K?

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 03:59 AM
This means me and sandshrew should take up the more passive but sandshrew is already pointing fingers. x_x

Ditto is it ok with you if you be...not a pointer but more of an agressor than me? seeing as suspicions against you in terms of lynching are dangerous but police can't touch you? By agressing I mean more active voting and stuff. and I'm on and people know I'm on so I should vote. I'm going to vote against geodude. "because he is inactive." -WAIT NO! ditto can you vote vs Geodude? it will raise your suspicions I guess but also Psyduck...

I'm hoping to get a triplekill guys. Geodude today and Psyduck tomorrow. and someone else tonight *kekeke*

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 04:02 AM
I think the best thing to do right now is to lay low and let the time tick away with Psyduck hopefully being the citizens' target.

Edit: Aggressor. That's a good word. That's what I meant earlier when I said I could start pointing fingers in the middle of the game. I want the cop(s) to look at me and hopefully pull their findings in the thread. That means you guys have to be careful about pointing at me and there's no way I'm pointing at you guys unless that's our plan later. To off one of our own to save the game, you know. I hope it doesn't come down to that obviously.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 04:05 AM
I don't think we should worry about voting right yet. There is a chance the Psyduck may be the only person to vote. I think Ditto shouldn't make a move until someone else makes a vote, and if it is also against Geodude then we are even more set and that voter maybe be a member of a rival faction that we should take out (he/she would be doing exactly what Slowpoke just suggested making him a good choice for a rival faction member).

Also, I don't think we have much to worry about with me pointing fingers. Even if I get taken out, The Godfather is important to have in the end when the Cops have a higher chance of suspecting him, and finding out that he is a "Citizen"...

We should try and have Ditto survive, it only takes one of us to win, and we want them to not suspect him toward the end.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 04:11 AM
I'd hate to get taken down too early but if they're set on lynching me for whatever reason early on, don't get too worked up. It'll just make it worse for you guys.

Thoughts on who to kill tonight? :evilking:

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 04:14 AM
I'd hate to get taken down too early but if they're set on lynching me for whatever reason early on, don't get too worked up. It'll just make it worse for you guys.

If anyone jumps on the train to kill Geodude, I say him/her.

That would mean their from a rival family trying to make sure their members stay safe... not realizing they gave themselves away.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 04:25 AM

That would mean their from a rival family trying to make sure their members stay safe... not realizing they gave themselves away.

No one would jump on the train to kill Geodude if they were on a rival family because Geodude is already dead with Psy's lone vote. So we should look for the opposite, what if Geodude is bieng inactive, but part of a rival faction, the rival faction would probably vote for someone else and give a believable reason, just to save geodude?

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 04:27 AM

No one would jump on the train to kill Geodude if they were on a rival family because Geodude is already dead with Psy's lone vote. So we should look for the opposite, what if Geodude is bieng inactive, but part of a rival faction, the rival faction would probably vote for someone else and give a believable reason, just to save geodude?
If two people vote the same person other then Geodude, I'm going to say that we should take one of them out.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 04:41 AM

Thoughts on who to kill tonight?

If two people vote the same person other then Geodude, I'm going to say that we should take one of them out.

I would generally agree with you loosely on that, but in this case I strongly agree we should kill meowth but not Psyduck tonight. Please argue me on that because I can't clarify my reasons that well and they are sort of intiutive.

I think we should discuss if we decide to kill one of them...are we just going to kill them..or vote with them against geodude and kill them? the reason I ask this is because I thought that it might be weird that the person who went with psyduck got killed...because then others might think psyduck was with meowrth(if meowth is revealed as a mafia faction). and then kill psyduck which is good but...then they'd know there is an enemy faction against psyduck that killed meowth... Actually...kill meowth and dont vote lol... because I just proved you right in not voting against geodude...they already know there are multiple factions..so we can give them the info that there are mafia factions because it's obvious and part of the game...

New Rule: You cannot refuse to vote.

If you're away, busy, and you miss a round of voting. That's fine and understandable. But you cannot be active, post in the thread, and then be all, "I don't fee comfortable voting for someone, so I won't." Hells noes!

In the real world of Mafia, if you refuse to vote, someone will literally tackle you, pin you to the ground, and raise your hand FOR you during the voting period. Gosh darnit, you are gonna vote whether you like it or not. Since I can't do that, I'm gonna say this:

VOTE OR DIE.

That's right, I went there. Oh snap.

erm...dang.

sorry guys, I'm FORCED to make a move without you here...and as a little sidenote... I think anyone who doesn't just go for the slow decimating of random people(geodude) may be thinking about the game too much and is possibly a enemy rival...I am going to vote against geodude because it's what I think you guys would want me to do.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 05:01 AM
Sorry but uh...

I think we should discuss if we decide to kill one of them...are we just going to kill them..or vote with them against geodude and kill them? the reason I ask this is because I thought that it might be weird that the person who went with psyduck got killed...because then others might think psyduck was with meowrth(if meowth is revealed as a mafia faction). and then kill psyduck which is good but...then they'd know there is an enemy faction against psyduck that killed meowth... Actually...kill meowth and dont vote lol... because I just proved you right in not voting against geodude...they already know there are multiple factions..so we can give them the info that there are mafia factions because it's obvious and part of the game...
I didn't understand any of that. Try making what you type clearer.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 05:03 AM
I'm sorry. Don't think I'm not here. I'm always here. :)

Right now, it's hard to make any serious accusations so I think everyone is pretty much safe and everyone is afraid to start up a conversation. I still think it's a good idea if we split up our votes every round.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 05:05 AM
I'm sorry. Don't think I'm not here. I'm always here. :)

Right now, it's hard to make any serious accusations so I think everyone is pretty much safe and everyone is afraid to start up a conversation. I still think it's a good idea if we split up our votes every round.
Alright in that case I'm going to still vote Psyduck. Keep suspicion on him. You guys wait a bit longer and vote other then Psyduck...

It hard to spot a faction if no one votes at the same time or votes the same.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 05:07 AM
Slowpoke, do you want to vote very last or do you want me to?

Okay nevermind. :lol:

Miriel
12-01-2007, 05:08 AM
sorry guys, I'm FORCED to make a move without you here...and as a little sidenote...

You still have 14 hours (more than half a day) to decide on your vote. So don't act as though you're being nailed down to vote right away. :p Forced, my butt. It's a game where you vote people to die! What's the point of playing without voting, eh?

Also, it's super fun watching you guys strategize. :D

*will try not to interrupt anymore*

[M] Mom – Host
Sorry but uh...

I think we should discuss if we decide to kill one of them...are we just going to kill them..or vote with them against geodude and kill them? the reason I ask this is because I thought that it might be weird that the person who went with psyduck got killed...because then others might think psyduck was with meowrth(if meowth is revealed as a mafia faction). and then kill psyduck which is good but...then they'd know there is an enemy faction against psyduck that killed meowth... Actually...kill meowth and dont vote lol... because I just proved you right in not voting against geodude...they already know there are multiple factions..so we can give them the info that there are mafia factions because it's obvious and part of the game...I didn't understand any of that. Try making what you type clearer.

Doesn't matter. We're forced to vote.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
Slowpoke, do you want to vote very last or do you want me to?
Slowpoke voted, looks like you vote last...
Sit back and wait so we can have your vote be educated.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 05:12 AM
Okay. I'm chilling and waiting for the outcome. I'll try not to be last to vote altogether; that may be suspicious. Either way, through the whole game, I'm pretty sure I'll never vote with either of you just in case I get found as a citizen by a cop. That way there's no link between me and you two. Cool?

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Okay. I'm chilling and waiting for the outcome. I'll try not to be last to vote altogether; that may be suspicious. Either way, through the whole game, I'm pretty sure I'll never vote with either of you just in case I get found as a citizen by a cop. That way there's no link between me and you two. Cool?
Never say never. If the situation arises we may need you to vote with one of us.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Yeah, I was just saying I was pretty sure. We can always check with each other here to make sure we're all doing what's best for the team.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 05:17 AM

Do we want geodude or Psyduck dead?
- I don't think it matters much because we don't have any suspicions yet...I think?

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 05:18 AM
Exactly posting in this thread is very important to make sure we communicate well...
Good job so far team :love:

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 05:23 AM
I think we should let the townspeople do the work, Slowpoke. We can help them along only a little, not to mention there are far more of them than there are of us. No point in getting antsy yet; the first kill will most likely be all the citizens' fault. They'll get the ball rolling and all we have to do is watch as they jump from one to the other. When it's our time to figure out who to kill, we can make a good choice without figuring it all up too soon and having to replan after the town ends up killing our target before we do. :p

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 05:32 AM
Geodude is gone. It appears that he doesn't stand a chance...

Important
I'm worried about Meowth. He appears to know the game well, and he supports Psyduck who is who I wanted to try and set up to take the fall next round. I don't know if we should outright kill him, now that might be suspicious. But I'm starting to think that maybe Meowth and Psyduck may be on an opposing Mafia faction.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 05:37 AM
yes, we can outright kill somebody if there is any suspicion of them bieng a mafia faction that anybody in the main thread could pick up, we should kill them.

For example:

We could kill Hypno because there is suspision that he is a jester. There is no way this could bakcfire because if he is the Jester...we knock out an enemy that could have won the entire game just by bieng lynched..And if he isn't...we killed someone not in our faction...and that kill in no way reveals that either of us 3 are part of the mafia faction. The ONLY possible way it can backfire is it could destroy a diversion of having a jest causing chaos...but obviously if he is the jest he just blew that diversion just now. so that backfire doesn't apply to us.

Same thing for any other mafia faction/person we suspect...it couldn't backfire as long as other people in the main thread are capable of getting those same suspiscions.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 05:39 AM
I'm sure Geodude will be back sometime within 13 hours. He/she's got time to defend him/herself and things could change after that. Yes, I agree with the Meowth / Psyduck thing, too.

Edit: The jester would be a nice target. We may want to keep Hypno in mind for the night.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Slowpoke you don't know what I meant. I meant it might look suspicious if Meowth is killed and then I try and set up Psyduck AGAIN they might catch on.

I know we can kill people.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 05:44 AM
Slowpoke you don't know what I meant. I meant it might look suspicious if Meowth is killed and then I try and set up Psyduck AGAIN they might catch on.

lets try and get psyduck lynched and not murdered...and Meowth killed...I don't see how that would put you into any suspicion?

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 05:47 AM

lets try and get psyduck lynched and not murdered...and Meowth killed...I don't see how that would put you into any suspicion?

No one outright disagreed in the entire thread except Meowth to me...

So it would look weird if the only person who said something to me was killed. It would probably put me in a bad position.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 05:50 AM

So it would look weird if the only person who said something to me was killed. It would probably put me in a bad position.

That's a good point. How do you guys feel about picking off someone entirely out of the conversation right now? Eevee, Butterfree, Pikachu. Just throwing out names and trying to keep an open mind.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 05:53 AM

Psyduck/Meowth have you in a sort of pinch right now and we need to find a way out. It would be suspicious if meowth died. and Psyduck is the one we want lynched now because besides meowth outright disagreeing with you...you outright disagreed with Psyduck.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 05:53 AM

That's a good point. How do you guys feel about picking off someone entirely out of the conversation right now? Eevee, Butterfree, Pikachu. Just throwing out names and trying to keep an open mind.

That sounds like a good idea. I'd go with Pikachu s/he appears to be one of the smarter and more seasoned players.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 05:54 AM

That sounds like a good idea. I'd go with Pikachu s/he appears to be one of the smarter and more seasoned players.

If that's the case I'd go with Hypno. they couldn't possibly get suspisious of us because of that.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 05:55 AM

If that's the case I'd go with Hypno. they couldn't possibly get suspisious of us because of that.

Why waste a killing over someone like that? I don't feel comfortable with some of these players in, but Hypno is not one of them. We want them to not be suspicious of us... but we don't want to waste our time.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 05:57 AM
Alright. I think it's good that we're keeping each other in check. I also agree that Psyduck being lynched may help keep you safe, Sandshrew.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 06:00 AM
I think him being lynched would help, but it wouldn't be the only thing that could save me...
We need to try and let the situation blow over, I could weasel my way out of this easily just by having less attention brought to it. I think if Pikachu or Eevee where to be killed the members would be so distracted with that they might rally to my side or just completely forget about it.

If Psyduck or Meowth are killed by the Mob right now though hat would make me look very suspicious.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 06:02 AM
True, a smart citizen can be as dangerous as a mafia member if he can be convincing, and Hypno even though he won't backfire...won't benefit either. So I'll go with you on Pikachu. Pikachu for reasons you just described and probably have in your mind even further elaborated.. is a very beneficial death. :)

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 06:04 AM
Mmmmm... Beneficial death... :drool:

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 06:06 AM
So we have a temporary agreement?

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 06:09 AM

I love the fact that we still have Ditto's vote left... I think we should use it on Psyduck but I don't think sandshrew can continue his fight with psyduck and I can't join because I don't want to look like I'm paired with sandshrew.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 06:10 AM

I love the fact that we still have Ditto's vote left... I think we should use it on Psyduck but I don't think sandshrew can continue his fight with psyduck and I can't join because I don't want to look like I'm paired with sandshrew.
No I don't think he should vote with me. This round is almost already decided, may as well let Geodude take the hit.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 06:11 AM
Yes. I'll go along with Pikachu for now unless something changes. It's always nice to give some thoughts on kills just in case one of us isn't here during the night. Just in case.

Edit: For the night kill, that is.

Edit2: LOL @ ed/Hypno.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 06:18 AM
Yes. I'll go along with Pikachu for now unless something changes. It's always nice to give some thoughts on kills just in case one of us isn't here during the night. Just in case.

Edit: For the night kill, that is.

Edit2: LOL @ ed/Hypno.

I don't know for sure if Hypno is a jest...but I certainly know ed is. :p

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 06:32 AM
I'm going to be gone for a little while. Just letting you guys know. I'm off.

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 06:52 AM
I'm going to be gone for a little while. Just letting you guys know. I'm off.

ditto. Ill be gone for a couple hours though... if you need any info from me in terms of death which I will probably be here for... <strike>Pikachu</strike> Meowth(if sandshrew is safe) or pikachu....

erm...well I noticed some things b4 i left and couldnt leave.

most of what I want to do is because I think Psyduck/Meowth are a rival mafia faction, they both act like what I think would be a person with the power to kill people at night, and teamembers they have to look out for and cooperate with...although meowth seems to be more in a position where he has to cooperate and support people. Mainly because he instead of pointing fingers accused people that we ourselves also thought to be a threat. Just like we did the same thing to psyduck, and now he is doing to us. usually mafia people probably have an urge to not point fingers, but point back at people to seem like the person who is supposed to point fingers but not completely and a little bit later because they had to plan it in groups (factions).

All my posts contain some confusion and in-character to them that I could exaggerate and make myself into a clown type persona...and have people suspect I have to include confusion in all my posts because im a jest. Also what ditto said about Geodude is true. and I think Geodude did pretty good. I will post continueing this persona, somewhat safely changing vote to Psyduck. at the expense of coming off as stupid and not so much of an asset if I were a citizen. and I think one of us mentioned the Psyduck/Meowth threat and we(mostly sandshrew) could possibly get meowth in a position where we can kill him. Especially if Geodudes explanation appeals to him other than his faux paux about killing saying psyduck is a jest...yet we should lynch him? I think he may be giving us a hidden message to kill PsyDuck for some weird reason? what possible role could that be? maybe hes a roleblocker or cop and its part of an invistigation?

plz help me b4 i rush my change? (I will try to do it a earlier than when Ditto votes so possibly around atleast 3 hours before the day ends?)

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 07:39 AM
I poked my head in and saw this but I've got to go after I post here.

I think it'd be best not to change your vote. Changing votes is a good way to gain the attention of everyone. They'll look at that hard in the next couple rounds. Let the rest of the Pokemon come up with their thoughts and then we'll figure out what's up. There's too much to speculate right now.

I'm gone again. :)

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 04:08 PM
I know you guys are gone...

But day will be over soon, and everything that happened while you guys where asleep gave me a great chance to frame Psyduck, Meowth, and possibly make myself untouchable during the night...

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Like what? :p

I'm going to need some advice on who to vote for. I was going to lean toward one of the two that hadn't posted yet in the main thread. Oddish or Bulbasaur. Now Oddish has posted and Vulpix has brought up that Gastly still hasn't come into the main thread. That leaves Bulbasaur and Gastly for those who haven't shown themselves. Or I can go with the majority with Geodude, or against Psyduck for changing his vote too often and trying to confuse everyone.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Like what? :p

I'm going to need some advice on who to vote for. I was going to lean toward one of the two that hadn't posted yet in the main thread. Oddish or Bulbasaur. Now Oddish has posted and Vulpix has brought up that Gastly still hasn't come into the main thread. That leaves Bulbasaur and Gastly for those who haven't shown themselves. Or I can go with the majority with Geodude, or against Psyduck for changing his vote too often and trying to confuse everyone.
Oh I didn't know any of you where still here...
Look at the main thread. I just made a post that makes me untouchable from the apposing mafia during the night thread... and might make a good argument against Psyduck.

EDIT:
I have to go now but this is for whenever you guys get it...

Slowpoke you have to post now, your inactivity may look suspicious... I would recommend something about how you are currently mauling over ______ or ______.... And if people who jumped on the Geodude wagon are starting to look suspicious.

Ditto, you have to make a post soon too. Can't look too inactive.

Also at this point I think I want to take the pointing fingers role... since I've already seemed to embody it.

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 04:41 PM
I do believe there's a good logic against Psyduck right now with that. However, you're going to get analyzed really hard soon. I've got a feeling Meowth is going to come at you full-speed. Get ready. :)

Awesome; actually they're eating it up! Good, you're the wo/man, Sandshrew. Might change after the night, though, so it's always good to be prepared. :D

I'm going to go for Gastly. I'm going to bring up that Vulpix reminded me of him/her, which he did. I hadn't noticed he wasn't in the main thread yet. Also, Vulpix is keeping track of things (votes, inactivity) pretty well. I think he/she'll be a good "ally". I'm actually doing the same thing keeping track of who's voting for whom and who dies during which night. ;)

Edit: I'm going to be gone for a while. Definitely into part of the night time just so you guys know.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Make sure you post before you go ;)

[M] Gaius
12-01-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm in. And now I'm gone. Also, Slowpoke voted for Geodude earlier. May be a bad idea to switch this late; not for sure. For the night, if I'm not here, I'm still okay with the off-the-wall person that's not posting too much and looks pretty smart. Eevee, Pikachu, whatever. So you guys just decide and make sure to make a new thread in this Mafia forum with Kill: whoever as the title. :)

See you guys later if I'm not dead!

[M] Mom – Host
12-01-2007, 07:04 PM
*STandby post* I'm ready to discuss what all deaths mean to us and how we should react in public.

Ok so butterfree is a rival mafia faction...obviouisly...

My goal is to eliminate all people with affiliation with Butterfree. *goes to investigate*

[M] Gaius
12-02-2007, 04:12 AM
Butterfree was a werewolf? Okay then. I don't know if that's good or bad for us. I guess it's bad since we lost out the chance to kill a citizen but maybe we're better off with Butterfree out of the way fast so he doesn't kill one of us off during the night. :Oo:

I'm going to be gone again for a long while. Sorry, I'm so gone but I'll be more active in the week.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
12-02-2007, 04:18 AM
Guys you do know that right now we are set up to kill Psyduck, and we still haven't heard from Ditto's opinion.

Del Murder
12-02-2007, 04:19 AM
Hey ditto, if you are going to post, at least provide some input on who you want to whack tonight. :p

[M] Gaius
12-02-2007, 05:03 AM
Whackin' a duck is as good as any, I guess. As long as you guys think it won't come back to bite us, I'm good with that. Psyduck.

[M] Gaius
12-03-2007, 02:00 AM
Okay. I'm going to need a good sum-up post to get the gist on what's going on now; this blew up really fast while I was gone over the weekend but I'm back now. Sorry.

Please, if you guys agree, I'd like to keep all discussion in one of these threads. Having a ton of threads here in the mafia forum looks a little unorganized and we have to go back and forth hunting for information. I think it would be best to keep everything in here and make as simple as possible.

I assume we voted for Psyduck last night by reading the posts in here. Sucks he's not dead! :(

I haven't read the actual Game Thread yet for Day 2. I'm off to read that then I'm coming back in here to strategize. Just looking at what's going on in here, we need a definite regroup. Let's all get on the same page. :)

[M] Mom – Host
12-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Ok i am in a face off beetween me and Kadabra. Right now it's a 5/6 vote for either squirtle or Kadabra. everyone thinks I'm a cop and to prove it Kadabra has to die tonight. that way the doctor will protect me. also if kadabra survives he will tell everyone another faction exists. So you're probably going to have to look into it yourself if you don't trust me. If you think you can do this without suspiscion vote for Kadabra. Otherwise try and not vote for squirtle and continue bieng incactive.

after and if kadabra dies I gaurantee we will all instantly be on the same page and doing just fine.

[M] Gaius
12-03-2007, 05:13 AM
Right now, it looks like you're pretty much a goner Slowpoke. Are there any thoughts you've got right now that you want to share with Sandshrew and I about anything? Who you think should be targeted tonight, just in case you're not around? I'm coming down to the conclusion that I may have to vote for you, especially if my vote is the deciding factor. That would mean that, to everyone, it would look like I killed you in the end which would help us as a team in the long run.

It's 8 votes against you right now but that could change, you never know. And Hypno's just getting on my nerves now. :lol: I'm keeping track of all the voting and he's making me change it too often! :p

I just want to hear your input before you might be killed.

[M] Mom – Host
12-03-2007, 05:17 AM
The only reason I'm bieng killed really is sandshrew stopped trusting me and said he was going to kill me because I'm bieng hurtful to the team and I said fine. If he would have went along I could have killed kadabra, who is , please don't follow sandshrew and trust me, a mafia, and therefore gain so much trust that people would protect me. If I can reverse this, and sandshrew would have to change his mind, we can kill kadabra, instead of me bieng killed, that's just tells people more than they need to know.

[M] Gaius
12-03-2007, 05:23 AM
I'm on a team with both of you and I certainly don't want to vote for either of you ever. The number one concern here is that to win this game, the mafia need to win. I don't understand how there's anyway for us three to move the votes from you to Kadabra and there are only two empty votes left to use, mine and Togepi's. I think Sandshrew made a logical choice from what was being said in the thread. If I was reading what was in the thread, I would have also voted for you I think. The only chance you have right now the way I see it is if somebody comes in and starts switching votes all of a sudden without you telling them to do so. Very minute chance of that. But you never know. I would like you to open up and think about who should be targeted tonight, also.

[M] Mom – Host
12-03-2007, 05:27 AM
I'm on a team with both of you and I certainly don't want to vote for either of you ever. The number one concern here is that to win this game, the mafia need to win. I don't understand how there's anyway for us three to move the votes from you to Kadabra and there are only two empty votes left to use, mine and Togepi's. I think Sandshrew made a logical choice from what was being said in the thread. If I was reading what was in the thread, I would have also voted for you I think. The only chance you have right now the way I see it is if somebody comes in and starts switching votes all of a sudden without you telling them to do so. Very minute chance of that. But you never know. I would like you to open up and think about who should be targeted tonight, also.

obviously Meowth or Kadabra, see... you may or may not believe me but don't make the same mistake the town did, they both really are Mafia. Infact, werewolves

[M] Gaius
12-03-2007, 05:32 AM
I don't understand how you know that. Also, Psyduck was targeted last night and that failed, mostly I think due to him being the most talked-about on Day 1. Kadabra is most talked-about today, not counting you, and has a good chance of being protected, especially if you're lynched and everyone finds out you're mafia. They'll think he's telling the truth about being a hunter. Maybe, maybe not. Like I said, there are no definites.

[M] Mom – Host
12-03-2007, 05:42 AM
and that's why sandshrew shouldn't have been such a smurfface

[M] Mom – Host
12-03-2007, 05:44 AM
Sandshrew should have realized it was truly a kadabra v. slowpoke, and kadabra won not only that I get killed but it only helps him, just like if I got kadabra killed it would have helped me.

[M] Gaius
12-03-2007, 05:45 AM
Well, that's not constructive. We really need some concrete stuff, Slowpoke. :)

Why do you think Kadabra is a werewolf?

Edit: Getting Kadabra killed would have helped you only if he was a werewolf.