PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem

White Raven
11-30-2007, 02:33 PM
I love this series, and feel that it's somewhat underrated in North America. I just bought Radiant Dawn for Wii and again astonished at the story, characters and game play (even though it's basically a direct sequel to Path of Radiance ><).

Does anyone else like the series? And if so, who's your favourite character from any game?

:)

Skyblade
11-30-2007, 04:06 PM
I definitely play this series.

Favorite character: Lyndis, from the first GBA Fire Emblem

Incredible story, great gameplay, wonderful characters, awesome music... This series is wonderful.

Crossblades
11-30-2007, 05:12 PM
It's a great series IMO. It has lots of characters, engaging stories, and awesome gameplay. I too am currently enjoying the Wii version. My absolute favorite FE game is the one that was released for the GBA(the one with Lyndis, not the Sacred Stones.) I still need to play the Sacred Stones though. The Gamecube version was great too. I'm waiting till the DS version gets released. My favorite characters are Lyndis, Guy, Jaffar, Pent, Louise, Soren, Haar, Ike, Stefan, and Shinon.

Spatvark
11-30-2007, 10:28 PM
I've only played FE7 (Blazing Sword, the US GBA one) and a bit of FE6 (Sword of Seals, fan-translation). FE7 is awesome, I'm replaying it at the moment, as well as having just started the previous game; whilst the gameplay is practically identical, I much prefer 7 so far.

I really like the Pegasus Knights in 7, Florina and Fiora (haven't played through Hector's story yet so no Farina), who are so damn useful for hit-and-run attacks. On the replay, I managed to get Sain to Paladin by 18x, which is a testament to how much arse he kicks, considering everyone else is about lv15-16. Can't wait 'til I get Nino again, since she's seriously awesome; I got her to promote from lv5 in two missions (not counting the mission you recruit her in since I managed to do sod all with her there). And of course, Hector is an absolute beast. Last few recommendations are Dart who is brutal as a Berserker, Canas whose Luna is awesome against the later bosses, and Rebecca who is a way better Sniper than Wil.

Heath
11-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I love Fire Emblem too. Played a bit of FE6, but finished 7, 8 and 9 (Path of Radiance). I really enjoy them because not only are they really fun to play, but the music, replay value and storyline really make them fun games. Among my favourite characters are Soren, Hector and Legault. I absolutely love using Priscilla because she combines a decent evade, great movement and fantastic magic power. As soon as she class changes she kicks arse all the way 'til the end of the game.

Always been a fan of Paladins, Sages, Generals, Assassins and Heroes. I've always found Pegasus Knights to be a bit too flimsy for my liking but they can be useful if used properly.

Spatvark
11-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Oh yeah, Pegasus Knights are definitely flimsy, but as they level up, they get more and more dodge, and being able to attack from places enemies can't reach them makes them incredibly useful for sneak attacks. Of course, you could use Wyvern Knights in their place, but honestly, in FE7, they suck.

Anyway, just grabbed FE8: The Sacred Stones, so I'll be giving that a try in the next few days, proving my emulator stops the random resetting it's been doing lately =S

ljkkjlcm9
12-01-2007, 10:22 PM
I'd have the Wii one, but I have finals starting next week, so waiting for break, then I have a month to play it. However, the previous games were amazing... and Fire Emblem is one of my favorite game series ever.

THE JACKEL

Creeping Shadow
12-07-2007, 11:37 AM
I love fire emblem and when I heard they were making a DS remake of the first one I knew I had to go get a DS. I just hope the remake comes to the states.....

Kuroshima
12-08-2007, 12:20 AM
I love the series and hav eplayed Path of Radiance, The Sacred Stones and FE7.
My fav char would have to be... The Black knight from Path of Radiance, just cause he pwns.