PDA

View Full Version : Bio Shock?

edczxcvbnm
11-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah...so someone explain to me why this game is great? I have played it some and have gotten past the doctor and raped a couple little sisters so far and I am quite unimpressed. So far all I see is this

*Zero Challenge in Gameplay(more so because there is no incentive to try)
*Lame Clichè Story
*Pretty dumb AI
*Pipe Dream Hacking system(not a problem but no real penalty for failure)

So please tell me that it gets far better in all these categories...besides pipe dream hacking. That is something I have to live with unless they start to penalize me for failure in a way that would actually make me try.

Or maybe I am just missing something and just don't get it at all.

LunarWeaver
11-30-2007, 06:20 PM
I thought it was super inventive and fun :jess: To me every moment of that game was filled with good goey goodness. But I could see it not being for everyone. Maybe it's just not your cup of orange juice?

My only problem with that game is it's too forgiving. There's like no...losing. You get ressied at those Chambers unlimited amounts, and the damage done to enemies before death remains, so... dying is nothing but a matter of patience and not much else.

I'd say if you don't like it by the point you're at, you're never gonna suddenly start loving it or anything. There is some plot twisty later on, but I have to admit I saw it coming 3,123.3 miles away. I hope you get at least some enjoyment from the Little Sisters screaming "No..no!.nooo!" at the screen. Maybe that's just me because I'm really wicked.

edczxcvbnm
11-30-2007, 06:32 PM
I am not a patient man and since there is no penalty for failure, I wack people to death to conserve ammo for the big daddies.

Another problem is that I started on hard. I don't own the game(my friend does) so I was just gonna do it on hard to get that achievement by the end of the game.

I also get no enjoyment out of the harvesting because they don't show anything D:

Madame Adequate
11-30-2007, 07:24 PM
In gameplay terms, I don't see the big deal. I did not understand why everyone was cumming over BioShock's gameplay innovations or whatever, because I basically saw none.

However, I found the story to be one of the better ones, and the game is (imo) worth sticking with for that. It really, really comes together soon.

Rostum
11-30-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm not a huge fan of first person shooters, but I did really like playing through this one mainly because I loved the art deco art direction and film noir direction in stories and characters.

I absolutely love film noir, and I think they captured an interesting idea of a 'utopia under the sea' setting.

But yeah, all first person shooter game play is the same to me, so I don't care much for it.