PDA

View Full Version : A cry for help

Denmark
12-01-2007, 08:10 AM
As I was walking home from a friend's house late this evening, I got separated from the friends I was walking home with. Feeling lonely, I decided to call the only person in my phone's contact list who I thought would be awake: EyesonFF's own Jojee/Joy/Jojo/XXXSephirothXXX/tifal_bug/etc. She answered, and proceeded to tell me a horrible story (I couldn't bear to listen yet I couldn't leave a friend alone in such a horrible situation) about how her internet connection had stopped working. She pleaded of me to come fix it for her, which of course I couldn't do, being several states away and anti-sober. So she persuaded me to beg of YOU, Eyes on Final Fantasy, to help her out. She persuaded me by threatening me with death. Fearing for my life, I decided the wisest course of action would be to create this thread.

This thread contains a number of questions:
has jojo ever threatened to kill you?
Actual topic: What internet service do you use?
have you ever drunk-dialed someone and had them threaten to kill you?

I use my college's internet. It's nice and high-speedy.

Ramza Beoulve
12-01-2007, 09:02 AM
xD I have never been threatened by the killer known as Jojo.

I use Prodigy Infinitum, sadly, the only high speed internet in México that I can get (I could get one faster, but it is $80 per month, and I can buy games with that money). I also use my college one, but it is usually slower than mine because of the users.

theundeadhero
12-01-2007, 10:28 AM
At some point in the situation did one person tell the other person to quit crying?

Jojo <i>has</i> threatened me with death, and a variety of other things.

Madame Adequate
12-01-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm terrified for my safety. You see, Jojo is together with my girlfriend, Rye. So if Rye has the upper hand, that means I should be safe (From Joy. Obviously in massive danger from Jess.) but if Joy has the upper hand I am going to be killed by the jealous murderer. :(

I used to have NTL but they got purchased by Virgin who are mildly superior. Needs moar bandwidth imo.

As for calling people... no. Just no.

Shauna
12-01-2007, 01:23 PM
I've got a provider called Toucan. Or something. Dunno. :D

Freya
12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Those threats aren't new. She hasn't gone through with any of them. That I know of >.>

fire_of_avalon
12-01-2007, 04:59 PM
No.
Schoolternet.
I don't drunk dial as a rule.

Heath
12-01-2007, 06:45 PM
I use Pipex but not by choice. I've not been terribly impressed, not least because it makes me think of Fulham. Used to have BT which in the past was problematic but had been alright for the last two years of using it.

NeoTifa
12-01-2007, 08:00 PM
ive nvr been threatened. weve gotten along just fine. i wondered why i havent seen her on aim in a while ;-; i thought she was just ignoring me.....o_o

i have sprint wireless, free cuz my stepmum pays for it. i got this laptop from her for free too, for "school" lol. its old and seen better days, and has massive cig smoke damage and 3stuck pixels, but hey! it was free. and teh fact that her company pays for 3 internet cards and only uses 2 means i get free internet!!! *snatches* hello, pantech! and i can even surf in the rain! odd for anything satellite

Jimsour
12-01-2007, 08:34 PM
I try not to use phones when I'm drunk as I end up phoning everyone.

Doesn't work, they usually get me back by phoning me at 5 in the morning a few nights later.

KuRt
12-01-2007, 09:00 PM
My provider is Elisa which gives me a nice 1mb/s ADSL for 24.9€/month

And about the drunk calling, yup. Propably the worst mistake in a while, calling to my mom after 18 beers. She wasn't really happy and proud of her son.

Vermachtnis
12-01-2007, 09:05 PM
I got Adelphia cable at home. I dunno what we have at college, but it was down almost all Thursday. After talking with some other people, the internet provider at the college was having problems all over the east coast.

Jojee
12-01-2007, 09:12 PM
I use Charter! They're okay.

I just haven't been on AIM lately, NeoTifa! ^_^ I'll try to get on there sometime soon.

Anyway, looks like the internet problem was caused by my douchebag of an ex boyfriend who I live with, who restricted my access to the router. I didn't figure this out for ages because I didn't think he'd seep that low.