PDA

View Full Version : "System" = compatibility?

Peter_20
12-01-2007, 12:51 PM
My television says "System: PAL" on its back, so does this mean that it can't play US games with a Gameshark?
You see, I consider using this Gameshark code in order to fake 60 Hz, but does "System: PAL" mean that I will have to use a chipped console for anything that isn't PAL?

o_O
12-01-2007, 01:44 PM
That is referring to the signal which the T.V. can handle. If it's an old T.V. then you may have problems running a 60Hz signal (black and white or rolling picture), but odds are you'll be fine. Most T.Vs these days are more than capable of dealing with 50Hz and 60Hz signals.

Also, if you're planning to use the gameshark to play NTSC games on an unmodded PAL console you're probably going to run into problems. Region-locking has nothing to do with the output signal. :p

Peter_20
12-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Also, if you're planning to use the gameshark to play NTSC games on an unmodded PAL console you're probably going to run into problems. Region-locking has nothing to do with the output signal. :pHeh, no, actually I'm planning to use my own PAL copy, but play it with an activated Gameshark code that allows 60 Hz. :p

The TV is fairly new, because I got it three years ago.

Roto13
12-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Also, if you're planning to use the gameshark to play NTSC games on an unmodded PAL console you're probably going to run into problems. Region-locking has nothing to do with the output signal. :p

The Dreamcast Game Shark actually allowed you to play import games. :P That was so cool.