PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else tend to wish that you had more time to play video games?

Peter_20
12-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Everytime I start with a new RPG, I get the feeling that I don't have enough time enjoying it.
It doesn't matter if I spend several hours with it - time still feels too short.
I've even tried getting up at 4:00 AM in the morning, but time runs so damn fast that it'll be 1:00 PM in no time.

I wish every hour lasted for seven or so hours, that would feel long enough. :eep:

prayzer
12-02-2007, 12:24 PM
well yeah! I think everyone here will more than likely say so. I remember being single, still living at home with my parents, and having hours on top of hours to play games, and I still wanted more. Now I'm married, have a job that requires me to work all night (6pm-6am), and when I'm not working I'm too freakin tired to do much of anything besides things I do with my family. So, my answer is most definitely YES!

Breine
12-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I've felt the same way. Especially when it comes to RPGs because, well, they just are so time consuming.

Rostum
12-02-2007, 01:35 PM
No, not really. I don't mind if I can only play a few hours here and there. But I am used to MMO's, where I have in the past spent full days at the computer doing mind-numbing tasks.

Xander
12-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Definately. I'm never in the right frame of mind to play those sorts of games anymore because I just know I'll have to leave it for a few days while I'm working or not play for too long. It's annoying, I wanna be super into video games again but I always feel like there's too much *important* stuff on my mind or I should be doing!

Ouendan and EBA are the only games I regularly play now ;_;

Madame Adequate
12-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Yes. Between other things in my life I can find it difficult to get the time for gaming that I'd like to get. I've had Mass Effect for more than a week now and have not yet finished it - time was I could have done it twice by now.

demondude
12-02-2007, 05:33 PM
No, not really. I don't mind if I can only play a few hours here and there. But I am used to MMO's, where I have in the past spent full days at the computer doing mind-numbing tasks.

I'm still trying to make you play Baldurs gate. :mad2:

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-02-2007, 06:33 PM
All the time. Bloody university sucking out my soul.

Ashi
12-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Not really. I do admit that on some days I am too busy to even be near any of my gaming consoles but I that's alright with me. I enjoy the other things I do as well.

Rostum
12-02-2007, 10:37 PM

I'm still finishing off one last project, then I can play it. :p

Vermachtnis
12-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah! Doing class work is really cutting into my fun time. But luckily finals are next week and then five weeks off.

Roto13
12-02-2007, 10:46 PM
I have some time off now, finally, and I can't play any games on my tv. There's no way that's fair.

Rostum
12-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah! Doing class work is really cutting into my fun time. But luckily finals are next week and then five weeks off.

Class work is my fun time. :D No, seriously!

Dreddz
12-02-2007, 10:56 PM
I just wish I was an insomniac.

escobert
12-02-2007, 11:42 PM

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-03-2007, 12:53 AM
After this coming week, I will have a whole weekday spent playing video games and Christmas shopping. All I need to do is survive the coming week.

Madame Adequate
12-03-2007, 01:08 AM

I used to, then it came true, then I wished I had never wished that. :monster: You don't get freed from the need to sleep, just the ability to.

Heath
12-03-2007, 01:14 AM
I certainly felt that way earlier this year when I bought FFXII despite my exams being only about two months away. Still, I gave it up while my exams were on, but that didn't stop me wishing that I had more time to play FFXII. I wish I had more time full stop, never mind time to spend playing computer games.

Nifleheim7
12-03-2007, 06:20 PM
I wish i had a clone who would deal with all the boring aspects of my life so i could devote my time to gaming and all the fun stuff:D

demondude
12-03-2007, 06:21 PM

I'm still finishing off one last project, then I can play it. :p

I'm waiting. :choc2:

blim
12-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah i think i need every day to last a week, so i can spend one day at work, one day on my guitar, one sleeping , one with my mates , one just chilling and the rest playing games

Ashi
12-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Now I realized that when I spend the holiday (or all night in bed with my DS ;)) playing video games, I spend the next day wondering where my day went.

Cz
12-03-2007, 08:34 PM
I spend basically all my time playing Football Manager as it is. I wish I didn't have to sleep, though. :p

Pete for President
12-03-2007, 09:51 PM
I have this problem aswell. Last tuesday I bought myself a ps3. I've put every second, minute and hour of spare time over the past week in this machine, and the total play time is..... a very dissapointing 4 hours. :eep:

Depression Moon
12-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Nope I wish I had more money to play more games.