PDA

View Full Version : Christmas songs

Breine
12-02-2007, 01:26 PM
I spent the majority of last night listening to a bunch of christmas music. I attended a party, and it was the second of december.. therefore loads of christmas music of course :mog: I guess it was pretty nice at first, since it kinda gets you in the mood, but after hearing "Last Christmas" for the tenth time it gets just a bit tiring.

Anyway, what's your favourite christmas song of all time? - I personally like Bing Crosby and his "White Christmas", "Jingle House Rock" and "Jingle Bells". Judy Garland's "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" is also a classic imo.

I Don't Need A Name
12-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You
Band Aid - Do They Know Its Christmas
ANYTHING BUT BAND AID 20 :mad2:

Tallulah
12-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Yeah, Band Aid 20 was terrible! :mad2: I only bought it because the original Band Aid was on it.

The only Christmas song I truly like is The Fairytale of New York by Kirsty McColl and The Pogues.

The Ceej
12-02-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm not going to type it all out again, but check out what I had to say about Christmas songs (http://myspacebashing.com/viewtopic.php?t=971) last year.

And if you like that, the idea was based on this (http://myspacebashing.com/viewtopic.php?t=872).

snacks
12-02-2007, 03:07 PM
There was some Christmas song done by some big time lady. Crap vague I know but my brain stopped working and it's only 10:05am.

Uh, big snoz. What's her name. At any rate, she sings a very speedy version of Jingle Bells and it's hilarious

Edit: Barbra Streisand (sp)

DK
12-02-2007, 03:55 PM
The Fairytale of New York by Kirsty McColl and The Pogues.

nothing even comes close

charliepanayi
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Fairytale of New York obviously. I also have a soft spot for I Believe in Father Christmas by Greg Lake.

But also the Christmas EP by Low (especially the song Just Like Christmas on it) and the Songs for Christmas boxset by Sufjan Stevens are both wonderful.

Shoeberto
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM
"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Judy Garland is pretty epic.

I Took the Red Pill
12-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Blue Christmas (http://youtube.com/watch?v=MUELu8o5KJg) by Porky Pig.

Kirobaito
12-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Obviously, the regular Christmas songs are great, but I also like some non-mainstream songs, like "The Marvelous Toy" by Tom Paxton, "Christmas for Cowboys" by Steve Weisberg, and "A Baby Just Like You" by John Denver.

MKusanagi
12-02-2007, 08:47 PM
"Merry Fucking Christmas" from South Park

Roto13
12-02-2007, 08:51 PM
*points to sig*

Any instrumental version of Walking In The Air is usually pretty good. As long as that annoying child isn't singing it, it's a good song. :P

rubah
12-02-2007, 09:12 PM
I like the carols better; o come all ye faithful, hark the herald angels, etc

they're a lot more energetic than a lot of mid 20th century contemporary christmas songs :p

(I also like maybe this christmas by ron sexsmith that was on the OC a couple of years ago)

Aerith's Knight
12-02-2007, 11:06 PM

nothing even comes close

nothing comes even close.. TO SUCKING MORE!!

i watched it.. on youtube.. several times on diff movies.. but however you put it the song BLOWS.. and that guy has no front teeth to speak of.. its just freaky.. i really tried to like it.. i mean it has high recommendations.. but it was so bad i thought my ears would start bleeding.. i couldnt even understand what they were mumbling about.. prob because he didnt have any teeth..

sorry i have to say it.. but no way jojee

Ramza Beoulve
12-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Carol of the Bells, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's version and the original.

Tallulah
12-02-2007, 11:52 PM

nothing even comes close

i watched it.. on youtube.. several times on diff movies.. but however you put it the song BLOWS.. and that guy has no front teeth to speak of.. its just freaky.. i really tried to like it.. i mean it has high recommendations.. but it was so bad i thought my ears would start bleeding.. i couldnt even understand what they were mumbling about.. prob because he didnt have any teeth..

You have made yourself a very powerful enemy... :mad:

Though yes, I did have to look up the lyrics to get what Shane MacGowan was carping on about. Something about a drunk tank... unsurprisingly! :p

Rengori
12-02-2007, 11:53 PM
I hate Christmas songs.

Ramza Beoulve
12-03-2007, 12:02 AM
I hate Christmas songs.Even with Trans-Siberian Orchestra metal versions?

Rengori
12-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Yes, even those ones.

El Bandito
12-03-2007, 12:56 AM
Carol of the Bells and Hark the Herald Angels Sing done by a good choir are both great. I remember I was listening to a college choir doing Angels and they actually started to hit overtones...mmmm.

Also the jazz variant of Sleigh Ride is sweet. Love that trumpet and alto sax.

Aerith's Knight
12-03-2007, 01:18 AM

nothing even comes close

You have made yourself a very powerful enemy... :mad:

Though yes, I did have to look up the lyrics to get what Shane MacGowan was carping on about. Something about a drunk tank... unsurprisingly! :p

well.. you cant say i didnt TRY to like it..

i watched 3 versions twice!!

i just hope ya can forgive me someday :)

Dr. Acula
12-03-2007, 08:06 AM
"The Night Santa Went Crazy" by Weird Al Yankovic :D

Cookie
12-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Thread needs more Wham.

El Bandito
12-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Life needs more Wham!.

blackmage_nuke
12-03-2007, 09:32 AM
All I want for christmas is one of the only ones I really like. The ones on Futurama are pretty good but thats because i really like when Leila sings

Breine
12-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Life needs more Wham!.

Aye :holmes:

o_O
12-03-2007, 11:17 AM
"<i>A Spaceman Came Travelling</i>" is a pretty kickin' rad Christmas song.

White Raven
12-03-2007, 02:15 PM
The entire Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack by the Vince Guaraldi Trio.

:)

The Ceej
12-03-2007, 02:43 PM
"The Night Santa Went Crazy" by Weird Al Yankovic

Which version?

Discord
12-03-2007, 03:47 PM
"The Night Santa Went Crazy" by Weird Al Yankovic

Which version?

Either one.:D

smittenkitten
12-03-2007, 05:07 PM
I hate them, I hate them with a passion! My work plays them ALL the time. :eep:

If I had to choose one song it would be "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey. I always get up and dancing to it. :mog:

Roto13
12-03-2007, 08:27 PM

I downloaded that yesterday. It'll be the soundtrack to my Christmas Eve. :P

scrumpleberry
12-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I love most Christmas songs. I like "chestnuts roasting on an open fiiiiire" but I can't remember the name.

edit: Oh! Fairytale in New York is beautiful too.

Faris
12-03-2007, 08:53 PM
At work I hear at least one of each song twice by different singers within 5 hours. Winter wonderland has been stuck in my head a lot lately, so I'll say that it's my favorite.

Shiny
12-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Rufus Wainwright - Spotlight on Christmas

The Mariah Carey one is pretty darn good and Baby's It's Cold Outside amuses me.

Shine On...
12-04-2007, 02:43 AM

So unreal.