PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts Rumble

Agent0042
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Well, this is a concept I've run quite successfully before on a couple of other boards. The Rumble is a game in a series of rounds to have one eventual victor, out of anywhere from 16 to up to 64 candidates. One-on-one battles begin until the round ends. Then the next round starts and so on until there is one eventual victor.

Past Editions...

Best Overall Character (Main/Original Characters) - Demyx (Kingdom Hearts II)

Current Edition - Music:

Dearly Beloved
Hikari, Kingdom Orchestra Instrumental Version (Eliminated in Round 1)
Bustin' Up on the Beach (Going on to Round 2)
Destiny Islands
Kairi I
The Heartless Has Come
Turning the Key (Eliminated in Round 1)
Just an Itty Bitty Too Much
Having a Wild Time (Eliminated in Round 1)
Villains of a Sort
Friends in My Heart (Eliminated in Round 1)
Hikari, Kingdom Instrumental Version
Miracle
Once Upon a Time
Scherzo di Notte
Forze dal Male
Guardando nel bulo
Beyond the Door
Always on My Mind
Simple and Clean (English)
Hikari (Japanese)
March Caprice for Piano and Orchestra
Having a Wild Time Previous Version
Destati
Passion ~ Kingdom Orchestra Instrumental Version
Lazy Afternoons
Roxas
Tension Rising
The 13th Struggle (Going on to Round 2)
Sora (Eliminated in Round 1)
Working Together
Organization XIII / The XIII Order (Going on to Round 2)
Reviving Hollow Bastion
Crossing the Finish Line
Rowdy Rumble
Cloudchasers
Bounce-o-Rama (Speed Up Ver.)
Monochrome Dreams
Savannah Pride (Eliminated in Round 1)
The 13th Dilemma
Showdown at Hollow Bastion
Ursula's Revenge
A New Day is Dawning (Going on to Round 2)
He's a Pirate
Byte Bashing
Beauty and the Beast
Battleship Bravery (Going on to Round 2)
Sacred Moon
Riku
A Fight to the Death
Darkness of the Unknown (Going on to Round 2)
Passion ~ after the battle ~ (Japanese)
Sanctuary ~ after the battle ~ (English) (Going on to Round 2)
Fantasia Alla Marcia for Piano, Chorus and Orchestra
Destiny Islands
Hand in Hand
Sunset Horizons
Dearly Beloved -Reprise-
The Encounter
The 13th Reflection
The 13th Struggle Re:CoM
Naminé
Sinister Showdown
Fragments of Sorrow

Legend:

Italics = Currently Battling
Bold = Going on to the next round
Strikethrough = Eliminated

Remember, cast your vote only for one of the two choices currently battling. You can always find that info in my most recent post, generally, or check the above list. And though it is not required, I ask that you put the name of your choice in bold to help me distinguish it.

jammi567
12-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Best Over Character definatly! I know who mine is....

PuPu
12-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Excluding Sora, the strongest character would be Terra from KH2FM+

Agent0042
12-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Remember, you're not voting yet, I'm simply trying to find out what category people would be interested in for the first edition. So far, it looks like characters. And yeah, I would focus on generally main / original characters.

qwertysaur
12-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Definatly Best Overall Character. Though I would like to see a Best Music Piece contest as well.:choc:

Agent0042
12-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Don't worry. As long as this is even moderately successful, other editions will be forthcoming.

All right, so it looks generally like Best Overall Character (Original Characters.) Any other votes / thoughts? I'll probably start the main action sometime this evening.

Clawsze
12-03-2007, 04:19 PM

Ditto, reminds me of my argument tourney...when did that die?

Cledarius
12-03-2007, 08:41 PM

Yeah, too bad the argument tourney died...makes me sad because I had the chance to win:D

Back to topic,

I'm in! Best overall character.

Clawsze
12-03-2007, 09:52 PM

I'm in! Best overall character.
If I remember, you were Axel, tat's an automatic OVER 9000!!!!!!!
But also an automatic 0 because he is so uber, I should of banned him.

PuPu
12-04-2007, 01:00 AM
I prefer strongest character over best overall character.

Agent0042
12-04-2007, 01:10 AM
LOL. I don't know what you guys are going on about with that member that should have been banned :) , but I am still relatively new to these boards. Anyway, we're a go!

I'm going to skip nominations on this edition, because, let's be honest, Kingdom Hearts doesn't have that many original characters.

So here's the entrants:

Sora (Kingdom Hearts I and II)
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts I and II)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts I and II)
Mickey Mouse (Kingdom Hearts I and II)
Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts I and II)
Goofy (Kingdom Hearts I and II)
Xehanort / False Ansem (Kingdom Hearts I)
Roxas (Kingdom Hearts II)
Hayner (Kingdom Hearts II)
Pence (Kingdom Hearts II)
Olette (Kingdom Hearts II)
Namine (Kingdom Hearts II)
Ansem (Kingdom Hearts II)
Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts II)
Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
Xaldin (Kingdom Hearts II)

If I didn't include your favorite character or Organization member, sorry. I have to focus on those that I think have even a remote shot of winning, and that means only including the Organization members that played the most major role in the story, and otherwise, I think I've included all of the other original characters of any consequence. I'm also not focusing on Chain of Memories because there are so many people who haven't played it. Mickey Mouse, Donald and Goofy are the only non-original characters that are included because they are just so central to the story in both games.

First battle:

Riku (A boy from Destiny Islands who appears in both the original Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II. Riku is very competitive with Sora, but they're also good friends. Together, they hatch a plan to build a raft and leave their island. Then, things happen, and both are whisked away. Riku ends up with the shady cabal of Maleficent and the others. He acquires dark powers and it turns out that he was actually supposed to be the Keyblade master. But it chooses Sora because his heart is stronger. In the end, Riku is consumed by Xehanort ["Ansem."] But he fights this darkness. In the second game, he retrieves Sora for "DiZ." He has taken on the false-Ansem's appearance. In the end, he and Sora reunite and he regains his true form. The two fight together and eventually return to Destiny Islands, where he, once again Sora's friend, returns him that his heart is closer than he thinks.)

vs.

Namine (A "witch with power to control other's memories." She is actually Kairi's Nobody. She chains together Sora's memories after he loses them in Castle Oblivion. She is manipulated by both Ansem and the Organization. Eventually, her essence returns to Kairi, where she enjoys a reunion of sorts with Roxas.)

Remember, you are voting only for one of these two characters. If you don't really care for either, then pick the one you like more, or don't vote. I haven't yet decided when each battle will end --- I need to gauge overall participation first. Updated results will be kept in the first post in the thread. A blowout condition is eight votes --- if an entrant is leading by eight votes and the other has zero, then I start a new battle if I notice it. Also, to help me out with counting the voting, I ask that you don't start off-topic arguments, or side-chats about characters. If you want to say something about a particular character, I ask that you post it with your vote. I suppose I can't really enforce this, but it would definitely help me out.

Ace14
12-04-2007, 03:21 AM
Oooh I like both characters, I'll vote for...Namine!

qwertysaur
12-04-2007, 04:47 AM
I pick ... Namine!

Griff
12-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Namine

jammi567
12-04-2007, 05:17 PM
You missed out Demyx

I'm going for the pretty person in the white dress.

leader of mortals
12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
You missed out Demyx

I'm going for the pretty person in the white dress.

why riku?
I pick namine

Cledarius
12-05-2007, 05:14 PM
My vote goes for Namine, too!

Clawsze
12-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Namine-ne!

Agent0042
12-06-2007, 03:34 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and update this! Not a bad turnout for the very first battle of the Rumble! Let's get the results then:

Namine - 7
Riku - 0

Wow. Just one more and it would have been a total blowout and I could have ended it early. As it easy, Riku doesn't get even a single vote. Very interesting, I thought he had a bigger fanbase. I would voted for him, but I make the battles, so I don't get a vote. In any case, it's Namine on to the next round.

Oh and:

You missed out Demyx
Demyx, Luxord, Xigbar, etc... as I already indicated, for this edition I'm only including the most major characters (mostly original characters.) And that meant leaving out most of the Organization members. Xemnas and Axel are obviously included because they both play such a key role in the plot. The only other I included was Xaldin because he plays such a major role in the Beauty and the Beast plot. Oh, and his acting generally lame and weird, I didn't think Demyx had much of a fanbase.

All right, on to the next battle:

Mickey Mouse (Kingdom Hearts I and II) (The King of Disney Castle and another hero of light wielding a keyblade. Mickey Mouse is the iconic character of Disney and in the first game, leaves instructions behind for his faithful servants Donald and Goofy before setting off a journey to investigate why the stars are blinking out. You eventually reunite with him, but not until the very end of the game. "Let's close this door for good!" In the second game, Mickey plays a much more active role. You first meet up with him in Twilight Town when Sora, Donald and Goofy reawaken and he instructs you to go on another journey, tutored by Yen Sid, who he once studied under. Mickey also appears in certain boss battles if you fall to help you. Later, he reappears in Hollow Bastion and gives you some important information, revealing the truth about the events of the last game. He also gives you a cool new Form for Sora's clothing. In the end, you once again reunite with Mickey, who has been working together with Ansem and also been keeping a secret for Riku. In the end, Mickey is finally able to return to his castle, though a hero's work is never truly complete...)

vs.

Ansem (Kingdom Hearts II) (The real Ansem was betrayed by his followers and, such, disguised himself as DiZ "Darkness in Zero" in the hopes of getting revenge. He works to restore Sora so that he has someone that can "move about the realm of light and destroy Organization XIII." Ansem was a powerful and wise leader to his people and looked after a community known as Radiant Garden. But his happy town fell to the darkness. Eventually, Ansem reunites with his friend, Mickey Mouse, who he had once met. Mickey tells him that he can't help him with revenge. In the end, Ansem accepts his fate and is finished off by his own malfunctioning device to capture the hearts of Kingdom Hearts as data.)

Same rules as before. Oh, and I am asking as a favor in the future that you bold the name of the choice that you're selecting, which will help me count votes. This is not required, but would definitely be appreciated.

jammi567
12-06-2007, 10:32 AM
You'd be supprised how many video views Demyx gets on Youtube.

And i'm voting for Ansem. Can't beat Chrisopher Lee voicing the guy.

Clawsze
12-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Ansem....."DARKNESS!!!"

Agent0042
12-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Just remember, in case anyone isn't clear, you're voting either for Mickey or the real Ansem, Ansem the Wise. Not the fake Ansem / Xehanort.

Cledarius
12-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Ansem for President!

Griff
12-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Ansem

Ace14
12-07-2007, 03:34 AM
Ansem

Xaldin made it in because he was important in Beauty and the Beast right? Isn't Luxord important in Port Royal? Not trying to make problems just being curious. :)

Agent0042
12-07-2007, 04:48 AM
You'd be supprised how many video views Demyx gets on Youtube.
Do people think he's hot or something? :)

Xaldin made it in because he was important in Beauty and the Beast right? Isn't Luxord important in Port Royal? Not trying to make problems just being curious.
That's a fair point. All right, you guys have convinced me. Due to popular demand, Xaldin is out and Demyx is in. I can still do it since he hasn't been battled yet.

Anyway, this battle's still open, so please, if anyone else wants to vote, please do! Looks like we're at five for Ansem right now, so things may be going the way of the last battle. 8-0 is a blowout and ends the battle automatically if I spot it.

qwertysaur
12-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Even though he will probably lose, King Mickey :)

Agent0042
12-08-2007, 12:51 AM
I think we can end this one, then:

Ansem - 5
King Mickey - 1

Pretty one-sided, King Mickey gets just one voted. So it's Ansem the Wise on to the second round.

I think we've got everything sorted out now, so from this point, you'll generally be only hearing from in this thread when I update the results, unless something else important pops up.

Okay, next battle...

Goofy (Kingdom Hearts I and II) (One of two knights of King Mickey assigned to support the keybearer, Sora. He fights valiantly, but actually, would prefer to avoid fighting. His shield techniques often focus on defensive maneuvers. Unlike his companions Sora and Donald, he cannot use magic. Goofy is an erstwhile companion and only reluctantly joins Donald when Riku gains control of the keyblade. He later says that he's not going to betray Sora. In the second game, he once again joins in the action, and everyone has a sad moment when it's believed that he's dead; though it turns out he's okay.)

vs.

Hayner (Kingdom Hearts II) (One of three companions to Roxas in Twilight Town. Well... actually, Roxas was never a part of their group. He's inserted into their grouping in the fake data Twilight Town by Diz/Ansem. As part of his group, Hayner is something of the troublemaker. He likes to live life intensely. He participates in the Struggle tournament and often butts heads with Seifer. But that's not to say Hayner doesn't have a heart. He's a good friend and even sees Sora off, apologizing for his earlier behavior when he's a bit cold towards Sora.)

Ace14
12-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Hayner! Hopefully this match isn't one-sided :)

Go Hayner go!!

jammi567
12-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Difficult, difficult. Two charactes that i really don' care about. However, i'll have to go with Hayner, as i like rebals.

Clawsze
12-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Hayner.....who I can imaging doing the Gatorade bit from Waterboy...
Gaaaatorade....

Griff
12-08-2007, 03:55 PM
H2O

err....I mean Hayner.

Clawsze
12-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Gaaaaatorade....
lol, sorry, but I've got a question, if you're gonna do the other things (Best music etc.) will it be on this thread?

Agent0042
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Sorry for the late update. Wasn't available this weekend to update it. Okay...
Goofy - 0
Hayner - 4

Not a huge turnout on this one. No love for Goofy. Hayner goes on to the next round.

lol, sorry, but I've got a question, if you're gonna do the other things (Best music etc.) will it be on this thread?
Oh yes, I think so. Can't see starting another thread when it can just be done in the same one, and I'm certainly not planning to do more than one at the same time. Oh, and in the future, if you've already voted, you can just edit the post with your vote to ask the question. I'll see it eventually when I update.

All right, next match-up

Sora (Kingdom Hearts I and II) (A hero of light who bears a mysterious weapon known as the Keyblade. Sora lead a peaceful existence on Destiny Islands with his friends Riku and Kairi, but longed to set sail for other worlds. When he gained control of the keyblade and his world was consumed by darkness, he was separated from his friends. Sora battled through many worlds, united with Donald and Goofy, and eventually overcame various trials to seal the door to Kingdom Hearts along with King Mickey. Later, he lost his memories in a place known as Castle Oblivion and had to have them chained back together by Namine. In the second game, Sora gains a new outfit and many new powers. He goes on a new journey, facing new threats. He also learns important truths about the events of the last game. In the end, Sora reunites once again with both Kairi and Riku, and together he and Riku battle the darkness. He opens the door to light, as promised, and returns to Destiny Islands. But a new message from King Mickey indicates that perhaps a hero's work is never done...)

vs.

Axel (Kingdom Hearts II) (Organization XIII's number VIII. According to his Journal profile, "He has proven to be an odd duck of sorts within the Organization." Axel is fond of introducing himself or saying things and then asking if the person he's talking to has "got it memorized." Axel fights with two uniquely shaped rings of fire. He formed a unique bond with Roxas and wanted desperately to have him back. He also kidnapped Kairi. He warned Sora that what was happening was "a setup by Organization XIII." In the end, he fought on Sora's side, going out in a blaze of glory. "I wanted to see Roxas. He...was the only one I liked... He made me feel...like I had a heart.")

So far the battles have been somewhat one-sided. Will this be the battle that breaks the trend? Will our vaunted hero-of-light go out in the first round, or will it be Axel that takes the fall? Cast your votes!

Reminder --- putting the name of your vote in bold will help me count your vote.

Ace14
12-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Axel = win

Clawsze
12-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Like I said, Axel should be disqualifid for being so awesome....so, I VOTE AXEL FOR PRESIDENT OF THE EU, UN, YO MOMA AND THAT HOBO OUTSIDE MY HOUSE!!!

PuPu
12-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Sora > Axel, whether anybody admits it or not.

qwertysaur
12-11-2007, 03:25 AM
Sora!!!!

Cledarius
12-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Hehe, the ones among you that remember the argument tourney should know, for who I'm going to vote for :D

AAAAAAAXEL

Griff
12-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Sora just because the other guy is a huge threat to Demyx.

Clawsze
12-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Sora just because the other guy is a huge threat to Demyx.

Actually, DemyxVAxel should have it's own thread...

Agent0042
12-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Actually, please remember to try to confine such stuff to when you're casting your vote.

Anyways, looks like we finally had something of a battle...

Sora - 3
Axel - 3

Looks like with the appointed time up, we have a tie.

Well, in the past on other rumbles I've done, I've done this in various ways. In latter rounds, I have a special way of breaking the tie. But, for the first round, I'd like to give you all a chance to chip in and see what method you'd all prefer for breaking a tie. Whatever you choose is what we'll go with in the future. So I see three choices...

1. I can toss a coin. This is what I was gonna do originally, before realizing I should offer a choice. You guys would have to trust that I'm being honest about the results of the coin-toss. Though I can't see any reason why I'd lie about it...
2. My vote breaks the tie.
3. Sudden Death. The next vote cast (by somebody who didn't vote in the battle before!) is the deciding one.

qwertysaur
12-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Sudden Death

Agent0042
12-12-2007, 06:57 PM
:) That's one for Sudden Death. Also, for those suggesting that, which would you prefer if there's still no additional votes after 24 hours? My vote, or coin toss?

Ace14
12-12-2007, 10:39 PM
I like the sudden death

Agent0042
12-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Very well. Seeing as how I'm not going to be on again until tomorrow morning, Sudden Death it is. And Sudden Death is now open. The next vote, and the next vote only, by someone who hasn't already voted in this battle, decides it. Remember, it's Sora vs. Axel.

No.78
12-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I vote Roxas?

Does I winz?

Agent0042
12-13-2007, 08:31 PM
No! You don't winz. Did you even read the rules, or my last post? It's one battle at a time and right now it's Sora vs. Axel. And we're in Sudden Death, so I need a vote for one of those two within the next couple hours from someone who hasn't already voted in this battle, or I'm just gonna flip a coin, declare a winner, and then start the next battle.

Clawsze
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Can those who have voted vote?
if so, AXEL, BOOYAKSHA!!!

PuPu
12-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Can those who have voted vote?
if so, AXEL, BOOYAKSHA!!!

Nice try.

The next vote cast (by somebody who didn't vote in the battle before!) is the deciding one.

Agent0042
12-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Very well, we go to a coin-toss. Heads is Sora, tails is Axel. I am now flipping the coin... heads! Well, heads it is. Sorry for those of you who love Axel, but it's Sora who goes on to the next round.

Next up...

Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts I and II) (The royal magician. He accompanies Sora along with Goofy on his quest. Donald can be a bit hot-tempered at times. He also sometimes lusts after treasure. Donald comes from a family of ducks that include Uncle Scrooge and Hewey, Dewey and Louie. When Riku gains control of the keyblade, Donald reluctantly follows. But he comes back to Sora when he sees Goofy's resolve. Donald joins the group again in their adventures in Kingdom Hearts II. He hopes nothing more than to return to Disney Castle and his beloved Daisy Duck.)

vs.

Roxas (Kingdom Hearts II) (A boy living a generally quiet hamlet called Twilight Town with three friends --- Hayner, Pence and Olette. Lately, strange things have been happening and he's been having strange dreams of the adventures of a boy that seems somehow familiar. As these odd events happen, the group works to clear their name, but Roxas is drawn deeper into a shadowy web. Eventually, Roxas learns the sad truth "You and Sora are connected. And...in order for Sora to become completely whole again... ... He needs you." And so it is. Roxas's being is eventually transferred back into Sora. But not before Roxas learns the whole truth about himself. He joined a group called Organization XIII, but left to find out more about himself. He was eventually captured by Riku and deposited in the data Twilight Town.)

Griff
12-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Roxas

qwertysaur
12-14-2007, 02:48 AM
Roxas

Ace14
12-14-2007, 03:21 AM
you might as well let Roxas proceed because it's obvious he's going to win :D

Agent0042
12-15-2007, 05:57 PM
I can't end a battle outside the time limit with only three votes, though I am willing to amend the blowout condition to 5-0, given the current level of participation.

Anyway, looks like a foregone conclusion on this one...

Donald Duck - 0
Roxas - 3

No love for the duck. Sora's Nobody is on to the second round. Speaking of the second round, we only have a few battles left before we get to it. Next up:

Kairi (Kingdom Hearts I and II) (One of seven Princesses of Heart. She lived with Sora and Riku on Destiny Islands, until the world was overtaken by darkness. She lost her heart, but it turned out that it lived within Sora. Kairi was used by Maleficent as part of her scheme, but in the end, it was Sora who used the special keyblade to release her heart. Her love then restored him. She went back to live on Destiny Islands, but lost her memory of her friend. So she sent a letter --- "Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end and hopes that our hearts will blend. Now, I shall step forward to realize this wish. And who knows? Starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun. There are many worlds, but they share the same sky -- one sky, one destiny." In the end, after being kidnapped, Kairi was once again reunited with Sora. "This time, I'll fight." Part of herself, Namine, was also restored to her.)

vs.

Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts II) (Wielder of darkness and the false Ansem, Xehanort's, Nobody. Head of the shadowy group Organization XIII. He hatched a plan to collect hearts and gain Kingdom Hearts. When Ansem the Wise and Sora and co foiled his plans, he fought them. He wielded two lightsaber like weapons and later morphed into a huge monstrosity. In one final duel, he tried to seal Sora's heart, but was overcome by Riku. Then, the two together, defeated him. He asked them why they fear people like him, and Riku answered "Because you mess up our worlds!")

Clawsze
12-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Xemnas.

qwertysaur
12-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Kairi

Selena_Akariko
12-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Kairi! Girls can fight, too!

Ace14
12-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Kairi

jammi567
12-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Xemnas. He may be gay, but that doesn't mean that he should be discriminated against.

Griff
12-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Kairi

Cledarius
12-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Xemnas Kairi is cool I like her, but nothing against Xemnas. His Lighsabers are pretty cool and also he's a cool boss.

Agent0042
12-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Kairi - 4
Xemnas - 3

Looks like Kairi takes this by just one vote. Next up:

Olette (Kingdom Hearts II) (One of a group of friends living in Twilight Town. The "responsible one." Her profile says that she won't stand for unfinished homework. She loves hanging out with her friends and is generally a good friend. A data version of her hung out with a boy named Roxas, but this world was illusory. The real Olette then later met a boy named Sora and helped out him and his friends.)

vs.

Demyx (Kingdom Hearts II) (Organization XIII's number IX. He fights using a "sitar" and creates water duplicates of himself. On the whole, though, he's not that great at fighting. He refers to Sora as "Roxas" and often runs away from scary situations. He was under orders to "liberate Sora's true disposition." He's finally defeated in the big battle in Hollow Bastion.)

qwertysaur
12-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Demyx!!

Clawsze
12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
DEMYX

Ace14
12-18-2007, 07:30 AM
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u93/Silver_069/demyx.png

Cledarius
12-18-2007, 03:08 PM
What a hard decision...

Demyx

Griff
12-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Demyx

Agent0042
12-18-2007, 06:47 PM
That's 5, that's enough...

Olette - 0
Demyx - 5

Final battle of first round:

Xehanort / False Ansem (Kingdom Hearts I) (Obsessed with darkness. Plunged himself into it in order to gain new powers. Sought Kingdom Hearts and took control of Riku to regain a physical form. Eventually overcome by Sora and co. You don't even learn his true name until the second game. He was actually a research assistant of the real Ansem, but betrayed him.)

vs.

Pence (Kingdom Hearts I) (Another of the Twilight Town gang. The more easy-going of the two boys. He's generally up for a good time, but doesn't stir up trouble like Hayner does.)

Griff
12-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Pence

PuPu
12-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Xehanort's Heartless.

Selena_Akariko
12-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Xehanort

Ace14
12-20-2007, 03:25 AM
oh geeze I hate both...I'll go with Pence :D

Clawsze
12-20-2007, 02:00 PM
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-XEHENORT'S HEARTLESS!!!

Agent0042
12-21-2007, 04:41 AM
All right, from now on, we're back to a regular update schedule:

False Ansem / Xehanort - 3
Pence - 2

So Xehanort('s Heartless) takes it by just one vote.

And that's the end of the round! Let's see who we have left:

Ansem (Kingdom Hearts II)
Demyx (Kingdom Hearts II)

Remember that the above list is only for reference because the updated results are kept in the first post of the thread. First battle of the second round:

vs.

qwertysaur
12-21-2007, 04:53 AM
Kairi

That was a hard decision though.

Ace14
12-21-2007, 10:18 AM
What?! No fair I like em both! >.> Ahh well I'm gonna have to stick with Demyx on this one!

Clawsze
12-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Kairi

That was a hard decision though.

Traitor.

D-E-M-Y-X!
Dance, water, dance!

Cledarius
12-21-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm with Demyx as well! I like Kairi but....

Griff
12-22-2007, 12:53 AM
I was hoping this would be the final match, oh well, Demyx

Selena_Akariko
12-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Kairi!

Agent0042
12-23-2007, 04:33 AM
:) A lot of tough decision-making there, but hey, it's gonna be tough. I think all of the characters we currently have left are great. Well, let's see the results on this one:

Kairi - 2
Demyx - 4

Demyx wins this one by a couple votes and is on to the semi-finals. And we bid a fond farewell to Kairi.

Next up...

vs.

Ace14
12-23-2007, 05:46 AM
; ; I like both but I'll say Sora

qwertysaur
12-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Twice you put some of the best characters in the same battle.

Sora

Clawsze
12-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Sora, tentac-I mean hands down....:shifty:....

Selena_Akariko
12-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Namine!

The Majestic
12-25-2007, 04:59 AM
well Ill go with sora :D

Griff
12-25-2007, 03:33 PM
sora

Agent0042
12-27-2007, 02:50 AM
With the Christmas holiday come to an end, I think it's time to end this battle:

Sora - 5
Namine - 1

Pretty clear-cut there. Namine only musters one vote, so it's Sora on the semi-finals. Next up is:

vs.

Ansem the Wise (Kingdom Hearts II)

The Majestic
12-27-2007, 03:07 AM
... ansem the wise doesn't really do nothing but I like the fact that he sacrifices himself for the sake of the world and the gang.. so ill go with Ansem the wise.

Ace14
12-27-2007, 03:34 AM
Roxas!! He's part of Organization XIII so he must win. :)

Selena_Akariko
12-27-2007, 05:18 AM
Roxas

qwertysaur
12-27-2007, 05:31 AM
Roxas

jammi567
12-27-2007, 10:37 AM
I must say, Roxas is pretty cool. Plus, he'll get his own game about him! I don't see Ansem having that. So Roxas it'll be.

Griff
12-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Roxas

Clawsze
12-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Roxas...

The Majestic
12-28-2007, 01:23 AM
alright alright.. I thought I shoudl give him a chance.. so ill switch my side to roxas XD

Agent0042
12-28-2007, 03:57 AM
In that case, this battle has been ended by blowout!

Roxas - 7
Ansem the Wise - 0

Roxas goes on to the semi-finals. No love for Ansem the Wise.

Final battle before the semi-finals:

vs.

The Majestic
12-28-2007, 04:06 AM
I dont like Hayner... Im going for xehanort

Selena_Akariko
12-28-2007, 05:01 AM
Xehanort

Clawsze
12-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Xehanort

Ace14
12-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Hayner :(

Griff
12-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Hayner

qwertysaur
12-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Ummm, Hayner

Agent0042
12-30-2007, 04:45 AM
Wow, what a rally! Well, we're at the end of the scheduled time for the battle and here we are.

Xehanort / False Ansem - 3
Hayner - 3

So we go into Sudden Death. Next vote (from somebody who hasn't already voted in this battle!) decides it. If nobody else has voted within 24 hours, I go to a coin toss.

Agent0042
12-31-2007, 04:10 AM
I think I'm going to eliminate Sudden Death. It's not working; it's just frittering away time. Battle ended by coin toss. Xehanort - heads, Hayner - tails.

Tails it is, so [b]Hayner[b] wins this one.

We've reached the semi-finals. Here's who's left:

First battle of the semi-finals:

vs.

qwertysaur
12-31-2007, 04:26 AM
So hard to choose.

Sora

Ace14
12-31-2007, 04:30 AM
DEMYX!!

The Majestic
12-31-2007, 04:57 AM
So hard to choose...

Sora

jammi567
12-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Demyx

Selena_Akariko
12-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Demyx! Down with the main heroes!!!

Griff
12-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Demyx

PuPu
12-31-2007, 04:17 PM
Sora.

Goldenboko
12-31-2007, 05:04 PM
Sora, we all know he would really win :O

Clawsze
12-31-2007, 07:50 PM
DEMYX FOR PRESIDENT

Agent0042
01-02-2008, 03:56 AM
What a great turnout for this first semi-final battle! Let's get the results, then...

Sora - 4
Demyx - 5

Wow. Demyx makes it by just one vote. He may have his work cut out for him in the final battle. But who will he be facing? Might it be former co-worker...

or could it be...

Cast your votes!

qwertysaur
01-02-2008, 04:00 AM
Roxas

Ace14
01-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Roxas!

Cledarius
01-02-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm forHayner

jammi567
01-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Roxas for Vice President! (after Demyx, of course).

Clawsze
01-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Roxas for Vice President! (after Demyx, of course).

Ditto, ROXAS!!!

With Axel as Defence Secretary, lol.

Griff
01-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Roxas

Selena_Akariko
01-03-2008, 04:33 AM
Roxas!

Agent0042
01-04-2008, 04:19 AM
'K, so that's:

Roxas - 6
Hayner - 1

Not even close. Hayner only gets one vote. Which brings us to our big finale. Which I think could turn out to be a great battle:

Roxas (He clawed his past some tough opponents, and, unlike Kingdom Hearts II, actually managed to come out ahead of Sora here. Now he's in the final. Can he beat a fellow Organization member...)

vs.

Demyx (He beat the game's main playable character, Sora. He's proven a popular favorite throughout, and he added to this edition of the Rumble directly because of fan support. Can he take it all the way?)

It's the exciting final battle of this edition! Cast your votes!

P.S.: When you're posting your votes, could you let me know what you'd like to see done next? Music has already been suggested, and some people seemed to like the idea. Personally, I love doing music rumbles. Or, if you'd prefer something else, just let me know.

qwertysaur
01-04-2008, 06:32 AM
Roxas

And you should defiantly do a music rumble next.

jammi567
01-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Demyx!

And i love the idea for a music rumble.

Ace14
01-04-2008, 07:41 AM
DEMYX!!!

Clawsze
01-04-2008, 11:39 AM
:bow: :bow: DEMYX!!! :bow: :bow:

Griff
01-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Demyx

Selena_Akariko
01-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Roxas!

Agent0042
01-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Results will be posted this evening around the usual time. Last chance to get a vote in for this edition.

Work on the songs/music edition is underway. Get ready for an exciting edition!

Agent0042
01-06-2008, 04:48 AM
Well, this is it. Here's the final results, then:

Roxas - 2
Demyx - 4

And our big winner is:

Demyx
Organization XIII's Number IX
"Dance, water, dance!"

http://agent0042.fileburst.com/demyx.png

And now, the start of what you've been waiting for. The newest edition of the Rumble -- music! I'm including music from both games. This is going to be a large edition because this series has so much great music. So here's the list. In general, I've sorted the list according to the order that the tunes appear in the game, though I'm not guaranteeing perfect accuracy on this.

Dearly Beloved
Hikari, Kingdom Orchestra Instrumental Version
Bustin' Up on the Beach
Destiny Islands
Kairi I
The Heartless Has Come
Turning the Key
Just an Itty Bitty Too Much
Having a Wild Time
Villains of a Sort
Friends in My Heart
Miracle
Once Upon a Time
Scherzo di Notte
Forze dal Male
Guardando nel bulo
Beyond the Door
Always on My Mind
Simple and Clean (English)
Hikari (Japanese)
March Caprice for Piano and Orchestra
Having a Wild Time Previous Version
Destati
Passion ~ Kingdom Orchestra Instrumental Version
Lazy Afternoons
Roxas
Tension Rising
The 13th Struggle
Sora
Working Together
Organization XIII / The XIII Order
Reviving Hollow Bastion
Crossing the Finish Line
Rowdy Rumble
Cloudchasers
Bounce-o-Rama (Speed Up Ver.)
Monochrome Dreams
Savannah Pride
The 13th Dilemma
Showdown at Hollow Bastion
Ursula's Revenge
A New Day is Dawning
He's a Pirate
Byte Bashing
Beauty and the Beast
Battleship Bravery
Sacred Moon
Riku
A Fight to the Death
Darkness of the Unknown
Passion ~ after the battle ~ (Japanese)
Sanctuary ~ after the battle ~ (English)
Fantasia Alla Marcia for Piano, Chorus and Orchestra
Destiny Islands
Hand in Hand
Sunset Horizons
Dearly Beloved -Reprise-
Nomination Spot 1
Nomination Spot 2
Nomination Spot 3
Nomination Spot 4
Nomination Spot 5
Nomination Spot 6

As you'll notice, I've included six nomination spots. If, as you're voting, you think of a tune from one of the games that isn't on the list, feel free to include it as a nomination. Oh, and remember to put your actual vote for the battle in bold.

First battle:

Bustin Up on the Beach (This is the battle tune that plays when you fight battles on Destiny Islands. It's a lively battle version of the Destiny Islands theme.)

vs.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts II) (This soaring, joyful tune plays when Sora, Donald and Goofy awaken in Twilight Town. It's also reprised when Sora gains his outfit, and once more later in the game. A portion of this tune is also featured in the game's ending theme.)

If you don't recall a particular tune, I recommend searching around for MIDIs. I haven't yet discovered a page that has MIDIs for all the Kingdom Hearts tunes, though if anyone knows of one, please let me know! However, keep in mind that the quality of a MIDI can vary drastically from listening to the tune within the game or on the soundtrack.

qwertysaur
01-06-2008, 05:37 AM
You made a mistake, passion and sanctuary are different songs.

Sanctuary Lyrics (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/utada/sanctuary.html)

Passion Lyrics with translation (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858564138)

Same thing goes for Hikari/Simple and Clean, they are different songs as well.

Here are the lyrics for each

Simple and Clean Lyrics (http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/u/utadahikaru6232/simpleandclean241173.html)

Hikari Lyrics with translation (http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/u/utadahikaru6232/hikaritranslation241148.html)

So you should keep these songs separate,because they are different from each other.

I'll vote for Bustin Up on the Beach

Agent0042
01-06-2008, 05:39 AM
qwerty, I'm aware both are different songs, but they use the same music, and are largely the same tune, just performed in a different language, with some minor variations in the music. However, I see your point, and will separate the two on both, though I may have to knock out a couple other tunes on the list. I'll get to that tomorrow.

Thanks for the first vote in this battle! :)

Ace14
01-06-2008, 05:48 AM
Oh can I nominate a song from Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ to be in the competition? I'll vote Bustin Up on the Beach

Agent0042
01-06-2008, 06:19 AM
Ace, you're welcome to make any nomination you want, as long as it's Kingdom Hearts. I'll even take tunes from CoM, if that has some music anyone's interested in adding that I don't know about. Though I do question as to how many people would vote for a tune from Final Mix +, since so many have never played it.

jammi567
01-06-2008, 10:40 AM
As another proposec nomination, i nominate 'The Encounter'. I cant believed that you missed it out - it's the best boss music in KHII!

As for where you can listen to songs from the game easily, Kingdom Hearts OST Soundtrack Mp3s - Blue Laguna's Media Archive (http://bluelaguna.net/music/kh1/mp3s.php) and Kingdom Hearts II OST Soundtrack Mp3s - Blue Laguna's Media Archive (http://bluelaguna.net/music/kh2ostsoundtrack/mp3s.php) should do the trick.

As for nominating between the current two, i vote for Sora.

Agent0042
01-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Well, MP3 downloads are illegal, so I myself won't encourage anyone to go in that direction. Seriously, people, buy the soundtracks. I own both, and I'm happy to own both. They're excellent stuff.

The Encounter? Well, KHII has a lot of excellent boss battle themes. This one wasn't a particular favorite of mine, but sure, I'd be glad to accept it as a nomination!

Anyway, I knew I was going to forget some things, because KH has so much great music. I just realized I forgot another favorite of mine "Passion ~ Kingdom Orchestra Instrumental Version." I may have to go back and in that in too.

Thanks for all the votes far! Carry on!

Edit: Changes made. The English and Japanese versions of the theme tunes have been separated, and Passion ~ Kingdom Orchestra Instrumental Version has been added. The tunes that were eliminated to make room for these were Road to a Hero, Neverland Sky and Deep Drive. If anyone's very upset about the elimination of any of these, feel free to suggest them as nominations.

P.S.: As for the nominations, I will go through all of them after a certain point in this edition, and add the best / most demanded ones into the rumble. Oh, and feel free to second any nominations that have already been posted.

The Majestic
01-06-2008, 10:49 PM
bustin up on the beach XD

Ace14
01-07-2008, 03:09 AM
Well I could put a video with the song I want to nominate, but it might be hard to hear. You could find a legal way to download it or something?? :D It's called The 13th Reflection

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix + Zexion Data Boss Fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9hQrdkB78Y)

It'll probably hard to hear, but the song is in the background of the fight.

qwertysaur
01-07-2008, 05:41 AM
I second the 13th reflection.

Here is a youtube video with only the music.

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + - The 13th Reflection (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZVSAG7ykAo&feature=related)

I'll nominate The 13th Struggle Re:CoM

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix + - The 13th Struggle Re:COM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wkPLV0qk1I&feature=related)

You also forgot Naminé! I nominate it as well.

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix + - Naminé (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBktMEhFU1U&feature=related)

Agent0042
01-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Well, if you guys really want Final Mix + tunes in it, I'll keep them in mind. You should consider some of the tunes from the soundtracks too, though, since I really think people are in general far more familiar with them, and therefore far more likely to vote for them.

Anyway, the current battle (which, just in case anyone has lost track, is Bustin' Up on the Beach vs. Sora) ends in a few hours around the normal time, so if anyone else has a vote, make sure to get it in!

Ace14
01-08-2008, 03:15 AM
If it's okay I'll nominate Sinister Sundown and Fragments of Sorrow from Kingdom Hearts 2 and I'll second the nomination for the song Namine.

Geeze I just noticed you missed a few of the songs I like, just wondering how many nominations can we make?

Agent0042
01-08-2008, 04:42 AM
You may make as many nominations as you like (though from this point, I'm asking that you make them with your vote only), though I have only six open slots, so I'm certainly not accepting them all. But each will be very much considered, with seconded ones getting priority.

Results of the first battle:

Bustin' Up on the Beach - 3
Sora - 1

Not a huge turnout for the first battle, but "Bustin' Up" is the clear favorite here. It goes on to the second round. Next battle:

Friends in My Heart (Kingdom Hearts I and II) ("Now I know, I don't need a weapon. My friends are my strength." This tender tune plays at various points during both games in the series. It's somewhat shorter in KHII, but is still generally the same theme.)

vs.

Battleship Bravery (Kingdom Hearts II) (This is the intense Gummi Ship theme that plays along the route to Twilight Town that shows up towards the end of KHII. This theme plays as you fight the toughest Gummi Ship battles of the game.)

Ace14
01-08-2008, 05:43 AM
Okay sounds good :)

I'll vote Battleship Bravery

jammi567
01-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Battleship Bravery

qwertysaur
01-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Those two are like opposites. I'll vote for Friends in My Heart

I'll also second Fragments of Sorrow, and would like to nominate Sinister Shadows

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix + - Sinister Shadows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBrVhoQk9So&feature=related)

Agent0042
01-10-2008, 03:53 AM
All right, so that's going to be:

Friends in My Heart - 1
Battleship Bravery - 2

Only three votes for that one. Still, we have to continue onwards. Next up:

The 13th Struggle (Kingdom Hearts II) (The boss battle theme that generally plays during ights with Organization XIII members. An intense theme, sure to get the blood pulsing. Perfect for the fast-paced action of these battles.)

vs.

Savannah Pride (Kingdom Hearts II) (The theme that plays in the Pride Lands. A surprisingly strong location theme.)

qwertysaur
01-10-2008, 03:54 AM
The 13th Struggle

Ace14
01-10-2008, 04:04 AM
The 13th Struggle!!

PuPu
01-10-2008, 04:13 AM
Can I nominate "Riku?"

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Final Mix + - Riku (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QySjED8wTeM)

Agent0042
01-10-2008, 05:27 AM
Only if you're going to cast a vote for the current battle. That is, unless you really feel you have no dog in that particular fight.

Agent0042
01-12-2008, 04:39 AM
The 13th Struggle - 2
Savannah Pride - 0

Only two votes here. Ah well, I'm sure it'll pick up. The 13th Struggle coasts to the second round. Next up:

Having a Wild Time (Kingdom Hearts) (This exhilirating battle theme plays in the Deep Jungle. A "previous version" of it also available on the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack.)

vs.

Sanctuary ~after the battle~ (Kingdom Hearts II) (The English version of the game's title song. I recommend this page (http://www.fflyrics.com/kh2.html) for lyrics reference.)

qwertysaur
01-12-2008, 04:46 AM
Sanctuary ~after the battle~

Ace14
01-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Sanctuary after the battle

jammi567
01-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Sanctuary ~after the battle~

Agent0042
01-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Let's just end this one...

Having a Wild Time - 0
Sanctuary ~after the battle~ - 3

Kinda surprising, since battle tunes seemed to be popular. Next up:

Hikari, Kingdom Orchestra Instrumental Version (Kingdom Hearts I and II) (This thrilling, soaring version of the game's main title theme may never have been heard by some players in the original game. Reason? It wasn't featured within the gameplay itself, only in the game's opening demo sequence at the load screen, if you take too long to load or start a new game. This music was so popular that it was included in some online trailers for Kingdom Hearts II. Wisely, this music was included in KHII when Sora receives the letter from Kairi, though it's not included on that game's soundtrack, perhaps because I don't think it sounds any different.)

vs.

Organization XIII / The XIII Order (Kingdom Hearts II) (The dark, boding theme of Organization XIII. This contemplative tune plays when you first meet the gang, as well as at various key points in KHII.)

Oh, BTW, this is the last call for nominations.

jammi567
01-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Hikari, Kingdom Orchestra Instrumental Version

Ace14
01-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Organization XIII

Agent0042
01-16-2008, 12:19 PM
(sound of crickets chirping)

Only two votes? Come on. These are both great pieces. Well, I want another vote to break the tie, but it we can't get one by tomorrow, I go to coin-toss.

cid highwind
01-16-2008, 01:17 PM
organization xiii

Agent0042
01-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Very well, Organization XIII it is then, on to the second round. :) Thanks for the vote, cid highwind!

Okay, next up...

Kairi I (Kingdom Hearts I and II) (One of the various Kairi themes. "I can't wait. Once we set sail, it'll be great." Kairi's theme is also included in KHII, though only one version, so I lump it in here.)

vs.

Darkness of the Unknown ("You shall go together." This is the big boss battle them for the final confrontation with Xemnas.)

Clawsze
01-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Darkness of the Unknown

Ace14
01-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Darkness of the Unknown; just curious were any of the nominations accepted?

Agent0042
01-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Nominations aren't readied yet, I'll be getting on that later today.

jammi567
01-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Darkness of the Unknown

Agent0042
01-19-2008, 05:55 AM
Kairi I - 0
Darkness of the Unknown - 3

Turning the Key (The short but sweet theme played when turning the Keyblade to seal a Keyhole.)

vs.

A New Day is Dawning (Kingdom Hearts II) (The conclusionary song for Atlantica. Ariel found her prince and true love. Lyrics available at the same page as the page I posted with the "Sanctuary" lyrics.)

Agent0042
01-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Nothing? No votes whatsoever? Don't like either tune? Or everybody just sleeping through the holiday weekend?

Ace14
01-22-2008, 03:27 AM
Oh I totally forgot to post! Heh I actually do hate both but if I had to I'd pick A New Day is Dawning

Clawsze
01-22-2008, 07:39 AM
Turning the Key

Agent0042
01-22-2008, 03:53 PM
:) Thanks guys. Next vote decides it. If no vote after 24 hours, then we go to tie-breaker.

Agent0042
01-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Fine then. A New Day is Dawning goes on.

And next is...

Hikari, Kingdom Instrumental Version (Kingdom Hearts) (The version of the game's main theme that plays when Sora plunges the key into himself, freeing Kairi's heart.)

vs.

Roxas (Kingdom Hearts II) (The tender theme of the character from KHII. Plays at several points, though perhaps most notably when it's time for Roxas to be reabsorbed -- "You're lucky, Sora. Looks like my summer vacation is over.")

jammi567
01-24-2008, 10:28 AM

Ace14
01-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Roxas We need more people to vote :(