PDA

View Full Version : Wii RPGs: Past, Present, and Future

Crossblades
12-03-2007, 03:11 AM
What are your thoughts of the Wii RPGs that have been released and that are going to be released in the future? Let's recap of the RPGs that have been released.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance
I haven't played the Wii version, but played the xbox 360 version with some ppl and thought it was pretty fun. Seems a bit too repetitive though

Super Paper Mario
This game was enjoyable as well. I like the concept of combining RPG and Platformer elements.

Fire Emblem:Radiant Dawn
Very enjoyable strategy/rpg. IMO the best Wii RPG released so far. Gameplay is too good

Puzzle Quest
This was released a couple of days ago for the Wii. Haven't played it, but this game got pretty good reviews. It combines puzzle and RPG elements. I'm tempted to try it out.

Alien Syndrome
Haven't played it. Nor I'm interested in playing it. Looks boring

For the moment these are all the Wii RPGs that have been released. Now let's take a look at upcoming Wii RPG releases

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
It's been released in JP back in August and it will be released in 2008 in the US. I'm pretty intrigued to try this game. I like the concept of swinging my Wiimote as a sword:p

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:Crystal Bearers
Not much is known about this game except for that video. It looks good

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles:The Young King and the Promised Land
This will be available via Wiiware. See more info here
http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles/110467-final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-young-king-promised-land.html

Tales of Symphonia:Knight of Ratatosk
Sequel to ToS. Takes 3 years after Symphonia. Looking forward to this

Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon:Labyrinth of Lost Time
Looks interesting. See trailer
Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon (http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=7616444257759929017)

Opoona
Quirky RPG that can only be played with the Nunchuk. Based on how it looks, it kinda reminds me of Earthbound

Oboro Muramasa Youtoden
It's an action/rpg being created by the makers of Odin Sphere. It's with Ninjas and stuff, so I may try this out

Shiren the Wanderer 3
Another game with Ninjas and Samurais.

Fragile
From what I read, this is going to be a silent hill type RPG.

Harvest Moon
This has just been announced. Harvest Moon games never interested me

Monster Hunter 3
I don't know much about this game series except Capcom is responsible for it

Well, there you have. Wii RPGs of past, present, and future. It looks to be a stellar lineup. Let me know if I missed some RPGs

Karellen
12-03-2007, 03:38 AM
Dragon Quest Swords interested me until I heard reports that it was mainly aimed at younger audiences and that the gameplay doesn't get a whole lot more in-depth then what was shown in the trailers. Super Paper Mario is something I will definitely pick up if I ever get a Wii, even though I've heard reports that it's the weakest in the series. I'll be listening closely for more information on Oboro Muramasa Youtoden. Odin Sphere wasn't as good as it should have been but if they can take the same concepts and refine them in OMY, the result will probably be something really great.

Mr Cactuar
12-03-2007, 08:51 AM
How the hell did you forget Twilight Princess?

Karellen
12-03-2007, 08:58 AM
He didn't. TP is Action-adventure.

NeoCracker
12-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Your description of Opoona makes me love again.

And may this harvest moon use a sprinkler system for once.

Heath
12-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Super Paper Mario and Radiant Dawn are two of the reasons I really wish I had a Wii. The other sounds interesting too, especially Opoona because Earthbound was great and if it's anything like as good, well...

Karellen
12-03-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't think anyone who worked on Earthbound has anything to do with Opoona. They just seem similar because they both feature minimalistic character designs.

Roto13
12-03-2007, 06:09 PM
And aliens.

Dreddz
12-03-2007, 07:12 PM
I am I the only one not interested by this list? Where are all the meaty RPG's? Developers have already got the idea that its good to make a game for the Wii, but why must they all be half baked spin off titles?

Oh PS1, you were too good to us.

Raebus
12-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Yes, your the only one not interested in the list.

Rostum
12-03-2007, 11:56 PM
I am interested in the list, well a few of them. At the moment I am mainly interested in playing my PS2 games, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (for Christmas)...

cloud21zidane16
12-04-2007, 12:03 AM
After reading that i wish i had a Wii:D ehh maybe ill get one in the new year:)

KentaRawr!
12-04-2007, 01:23 AM
Actually, I have to agree that the list is fairly lack-luster. I might get the FF:CC with the Super Man Guy, but only if it turns out more than average. I haven't heard of a few RPG's on that list, though. I might check them out.

Edit: Upon looking at some info on Fragile, it definitely seems like one to look into. I was also a fan of the first ToS game, so I'll probably end up getting the second one. Shiren the Wanderer seems like a very, very traditional RPG. :o

Dragonsoul
12-04-2007, 05:43 AM
If I had a Wii I'd get Zelda: TP with it, and then get Fire Emblem. The other games I have only some interest in or little/no interest in.

I'm excited more by Xbox 360 and PS 3 and PS 2 and DS and PSP!

Crossblades
12-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Here's another new Wii RPG that has been announced. It's call "Baroque"

RPGamer - News Bulletin - Baroque for North America on PS2, Wii (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2007/121307a.html)

screenshots
IGN: Baroque Screenshots, Wallpapers and Pics (http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14223943/imgs_1.html)

Yesterday, Atlus announced that Baroque, a dungeon crawler from developer Sting, will be coming to North America in February 2008. The game will be available in North America for both the Wii and PlayStation 2 gaming consoles.

Baroque is a dungeon crawler, action RPG with a unique story progression system whereby a character's death does not end the game, but only continues to further the story along--revealing more secrets in the game. Set in a phantasmal world of ruin, players must descend a mysterious tower in search of absolution. For more information on Baroque, visit the game's official website.