PDA

View Full Version : Mommy, where is Santa?

edczxcvbnm
12-03-2007, 08:28 PM
<a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071203/od_afp/swedenchristmaskyrgyzstansantaoffbeat;_ylt=AiQ28L4t6Wl6sgj1QU59d1Ks0NUE">
"He has 34 microseconds at each stop" to slide down the chimney, drop off the presents, nibble on his cookies and milk and hop back on his sleigh, Larsson said.

Santa's reindeer must travel at a speed of 5,800 kilometers (3,604 miles) per second to make the trip on time.

Another report circulating on the Internet suggested however that Santa's sleigh, weighed down with presents and travelling at supersonic speed, would encounter such massive air resistance that the entire contraption would burst into flames and be vaporised within 4.26 thousandths of a second.</a>

So I guess Santa burst into flames and died?

Rye
12-03-2007, 08:29 PM
SANTA DIED?! :kaocry2:

Jess
12-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks for ruining my Christmas, ed. :weep:

Aerith's Knight
12-03-2007, 08:39 PM
this was made up decades ago

Faris
12-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Science destroyed Santa. :(

Madame Adequate
12-03-2007, 08:54 PM

Another Glorious Victory.

Aerith's Knight
12-03-2007, 09:01 PM

Another Glorious Victory.

BOOYAKA SHENG!! :)

Marshall Banana
12-03-2007, 09:04 PM
I found red and white fuzz on the carpet close to my Christmas tree when I was nine years old. Santa is fine.

scrumpleberry
12-03-2007, 09:20 PM
<a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071203/od_afp/swedenchristmaskyrgyzstansantaoffbeat;_ylt=AiQ28L4t6Wl6sgj1QU59d1Ks0NUE">
"He has 34 microseconds at each stop" to slide down the chimney, drop off the presents, nibble on his cookies and milk and hop back on his sleigh, Larsson said.

Santa's reindeer must travel at a speed of 5,800 kilometers (3,604 miles) per second to make the trip on time.

Another report circulating on the Internet suggested however that Santa's sleigh, weighed down with presents and travelling at supersonic speed, would encounter such massive air resistance that the entire contraption would burst into flames and be vaporised within 4.26 thousandths of a second.</a>

So I guess Santa burst into flames and died?

Of course not. He has the most powerful coolant in his engine known to man

OOC: Don't take me too seriously, I don't know jack squat about cars and I'm relatively rubbish at physics.

cloud21zidane16
12-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Poor Santa:(

No.78
12-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Santa is superhuman, he surpasses the trivial laws of physics.

Santa is alive and will live forever!!!!

*evil laughter*

Jojee
12-03-2007, 10:41 PM
I am Santa x3 Ho ho ho. *strokes beard*

Goldenboko
12-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Oh god... Oh god no... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Black Angel
12-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Aww, now Christmas is ruined. =C

Jessweeee♪
12-03-2007, 11:14 PM
You're forgetting that Santa's magic! I mean, he made reindeer FLY!

Lynx
12-03-2007, 11:35 PM

dont worry i plan on destroying Science.

TyphoonThaReapa
12-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Everyone convert to Kwanzaa!!!:cool:

Aerith's Knight
12-03-2007, 11:54 PM
to whatza?

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-04-2007, 12:35 AM

*sits on lap* I want a PS3 for Christmas. GIVE ME NOW!

Aerith's Knight
12-04-2007, 12:50 AM

*sits on lap* I want a PS3 for Christmas. GIVE ME NOW!

well.. if your giving them out..

gimme gimme! :)

Heath
12-04-2007, 01:18 AM
What another fantastic example of science ruining the fun in life. For example, what causes water to turn into ice? Reverse dragons - of course - but science disagrees, meaning that people are taught downright lies in school and never truly understand how the world works. And now science has to go and kill Father Christmas. Oh the humanity.

Jessweeee♪
12-04-2007, 01:19 AM
This is impossible! Santa's on TV right now :confused:

Aerith's Knight
12-04-2007, 01:19 AM
What another fantastic example of science ruining the fun in life. What causes water to turn into ice? Reverse dragons, naturally but science disagrees. And now science has to go and kill Father Christmas. Oh the humanity.

not only that.. but science kills him every year..

Rengori
12-04-2007, 07:24 AM
Aww, now Christmas is ruined. =C

I believe Manus did that to her years before science did.

blackmage_nuke
12-04-2007, 07:41 AM
Santa is a ghost which allows him to travel and amazing speeds. he also has a really high spiritual energy level allowing him to hold the presents despite obvious handicap of being dead.

boys from the dwarf
12-04-2007, 08:12 AM

actually im pretty sure (At least i wouldn't be suprised) if those figures are made up but in a convincing way.

how the hell and why would anyone bother to work that out when people would believe any sciency sounding figures.

Necronopticous
12-04-2007, 08:20 AM
<CENTER>http://www.JEREMYTIME/upload/scresize.jpg</CENTER>

qwertysaur
12-04-2007, 08:28 AM
ed didn't post the entire article, or got it from a different source.

Does Santa exist? (http://www.shanemcdonald.com/laughs/l-santa_exist.html)

Bunny
12-04-2007, 12:22 PM
The secret is really good cocaine.

Peegee
12-04-2007, 12:41 PM
No saying 'ho ho ho' -- it's offensive to wimminz

sauce (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat)

Old Manus
12-04-2007, 12:43 PM
This proves my hypothesis that Santa Claus is gay.

blackmage_nuke
12-04-2007, 12:54 PM

"Sliding down your chimney" is clearly a euthemism

Captain Maxx Power
12-04-2007, 01:32 PM

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire indeed.

Baloki
12-04-2007, 02:52 PM
<CENTER>http://www.JEREMYTIME/upload/scresize.jpg</CENTER>

Old Manus
12-04-2007, 03:35 PM

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire indeed.I was thinking more about the 'flames' part.

Christmas
12-04-2007, 03:43 PM
It might just take 7 seconds instead of 7 days for Santa to revive. :bigsmile:

edczxcvbnm
12-04-2007, 03:48 PM
ed didn't post the entire article, or got it from a different source.

Does Santa exist? (http://www.shanemcdonald.com/laughs/l-santa_exist.html)

Different source. Click the text as it is a link to a yahoo article that probably got it from the AP which probably got it from someplace else.

The Ceej
12-05-2007, 06:48 PM
I was under the impression that Santa was magic and could stop time allowing him to deliver all the presents in an hour. I mean, in his time, it could take him weeks, but to us, it's only an hour. That's the way it was explained to me. And I never had a chimney, so he used the front door. He had a skeleton key. And whenever I questioned Santa's plausibility, my mother would compare it to the existance of God which, I guess in hindsight, was a bad move on her part. It would have probably been wiser for her to say, "You're right. There's no Santa."

Not that I don't believe in any form of god. I'm just not even close to the relgion she raised me (or any other known religion, for that matter).

sauce (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_asia_afp/lifestyleaustraliachristmasoffbeat)

Yeah. Thanks to that, we're going to have right wing Christian conservatives try to change, "Don we now our gay apparel" to "Let's put on some Christmas clothes." Once you start banning things because they're offensive, you're on a slippery slope.

Aerith's Knight
12-05-2007, 07:59 PM
I was under the impression that Santa was magic and could stop time allowing him to deliver all the presents in an hour. I mean, in his time, it could take him weeks, but to us, it's only an hour. That's the way it was explained to me. And I never had a chimney, so he used the front door. He had a skeleton key. And whenever I questioned Santa's plausibility, my mother would compare it to the existance of God which, I guess in hindsight, was a bad move on her part. It would have probably been wiser for her to say, "You're right. There's no Santa."

Not that I don't believe in any form of god. I'm just not even close to the relgion she raised me (or any other known religion, for that matter).

Yeah. Thanks to that, we're going to have right wing Christian conservatives try to change, "Don we now our gay apparel" to "Let's put on some Christmas clothes." Once you start banning things because they're offensive, you're on a slippery slope.

he doesnt stop time :).. he just carries a nanoscale black hole that alters perception of time to outsiders

Goldenboko
12-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Maybe Santa tears the Space time continuum a new spacehole.

Breine
12-05-2007, 08:25 PM

Yes, and I saw him at the mall just this afternoon :confused:

Goldenboko
12-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Yes, and I saw him at the mall just this afternoon :confused:

No no no. Santa doesn't have the time to go to all the malls and the TV studios so he sends look alikes to find out what everyone wants, and send his best wishes.

Vivisteiner
12-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I have found the proof!

A Cal-Poly Engineer's Anti-Santa Prrof (http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/humor/calpoly.html)

Goldenboko
12-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Ugh that Article doesn't know anything
Santa can clearly stop time. Therefore he has as much time as he needs and can go back to refill his presents all he wants.

Bunny
12-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Santa does not follow simple human laws or logic like some silly mortal. Instead, he has his own general set of rules and regulations in which he must follow. These include his ability to be in more than one place at one time (up to an infinite number of possible locations) and his ability to travel faster than the speed of light, sound, or Superman. He also cannot be killed due to his super regenetive abilities that are greater than even Wolverine's. He is not effected by human weather conditions and is not confined to one specific body type. In fact, he can become any shape or size he wants to because he is Santa. Santa's possessions, most notably his reindeer and Santa Bag of Goodies, are also not confined to mere mortal laws. In fact, Santa's Reindeer are even be more powerful than the "man" himself. The only reason they follow him and work for him is because of some agreement they struck with Mrs. Claus before their Wedding. No such other information exists in this dimension or any other known dimensions (which Santa occasionally visits) on the nature of this bargin. Santa's Bag is most easily explained as "The much bigger brother of the common Bag of Holding found in many Dungeons and Dragons campaigns" (which Santa is a big fan of, he plays a level 70 Moon Elf Mohawk).

The source of all this information is "The Big Book of Santa" by F. C. and published by K. K. Inc.

blackmage_nuke
12-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Maybe santa doesnt take the presents to the house but warps time and space around the presents to that the houses surround the presents.
Maybe the presents dont move at all but the universe moves around them.

LunarWeaver
12-07-2007, 09:20 PM
I smell sabotage by Jesus. I hope he is dead and I never have to see Christmas stuff being put up in October anymore. I am a horrible person D: