PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Stratego!

oddler
12-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Okay, so here's my idea that I've whipped up in light of the news with the recent Mafia pickle. A game of EoFF Stratego. If you guys are familiar with the board game Stratego, then :rock:. If not, here's a quick explanation:

Stratego is a board game where two players set up military units on a board "strategically" so that their units appropriately guard their flag. The game plays out as players move their units toward the other side of the board looking for the other player's flag and killing the other units by being a higher "rank". Each unit is a number from 1-9 and can only kill units with a higher number (lower rank) than their own. This means that 1 is the highest and 9 is the lowest. There are also bombs and spies but I'll explain that down there because I've changed the rules a little.

Now, there will be two teams, the Blue Team and the Red Team. Each team will have 9 members, 8 of them ranked 1-8 plus one spy. At the start of the game, I will PM all players and make them aware of their rank, whether or not they're strapped with the flag or a bomb, who their team members are, and their team members' ranks.

The game will start when I announce it and the Blue Team will have to decide amongst themselves who to attack with whom on their team. You can choose any of your team members you think should attack the other team but attack does not occur until the person who is going to attack posts Attack: (opposing team member). Once a team member of the acting team has posted this, THE ROUND STOPS AND THE ACTION CANNOT BE TAKEN BACK.

The spy dies if anyone attacks him/her. The spy can only kill the player on the other team who is ranked 1.

During the game, while any round is open, the players who are strapped with the flag or a bomb may pass their item to another teammate by PMing me and letting me know. If this happens, I will PM both people involved saying that Person 1 has passed the flag/bomb to Person 2. If someone PMs me to pass an item at or after the time of an attack, I will deny it and it will have to wait until the next round. There is no limit to how many times a team can pass an item each round other than how fast I can PM them to notify them. Also, keep in mind that know one on either team, even your own, will know who has the flag/bomb at any time. Please do not PM anyone else in this game if you're in the game. I know I can't stop you but I'd rather you not do it and keep everything in the thread. It's just more fun for everyone that way! :)

If a player from an attacking team goes for someone with a bomb strapped to them, they both die. If the player with a team's flag dies, the game is over and the opposing team wins!

After someone posts saying they are attacking someone, I will post revealing who dies from the attack and how they died, be it by rank or by bomb as soon as I can. Then, it will be the other team's turn to act.

This can be a very fast game or a very long and drawn-out game depending on how fast the rounds pass and how well the teams are at figuring out who has the flag on the other team.

If I've not explained well enough, please ask questions. I'd like to know what you guys think about this idea, as well. Just trying to come up with a good game to pass the time until the next round of Mafia, baby! If you're interested, you can go ahead and sign up. So, let's hit this. :choc2:

Jessweeee♪
12-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Oooh, neat idea!

I won't be playing though...I might not be able to do much :p

...this whole cheating thing has been very convenient for me :exdee:

Aerith's Knight
12-03-2007, 11:52 PM
oow lotsa fun.. living stratego was a popular game when i was a small lad

i want to be blue.. no red.. no blue..

aarg.. just put me with the most girlz :)

XxSephirothxX
12-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Interesting. I love real Stratego, though those rules sound a little different than in the version I have. It's mostly number based, but in my set:

The pieces rank from 10 down to 2, 10 being the highest, 2 being the lowest. The 10 can only be killed by the Spy, which is a special piece, but the Spy can only kill the 10, and can still only do so if it is the attacker. 3's are also important because they're the only pieces that can disarm bombs.

This sounds fun, I think the way it works might need to be tweaked a little, but I'd participate.

Aerith's Knight
12-04-2007, 12:49 AM
do you remember the old time stratagy of putting the spy behind the 9, so that when the 10 comes to kill the 9, the spy whacks him :)

oddler
12-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Sure, there's all kinds of strategies. You could stick a bomb back behind a nine, too. Just depends on who you're playing against. :)

That also reminds me, I don't plan on revealing to everyone the rank of the people that win the battles. The other team will only know that the person that died had a lower rank than the person that won.

Aerith's Knight
12-04-2007, 01:18 AM
you are gonna make it so that people who carry a bomb cant attack right?

Psychotic
12-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Consider me sizzled up. (signed = sizzled oddler you should know that by now gosh)

Aerith's Knight
12-04-2007, 01:24 AM
shizzle my nizzle.. fizzle in this pizzle.. faschizzle :)

Translation: "ok"

oddler
12-04-2007, 01:47 AM
Yes, a person with a bomb strapped to them can attack. They will die but they can attack. May be useful if, say, the player with rank 2 is strapped with a bomb and attacks an opposing player with rank 1 who's holding the flag!

Del Murder
12-05-2007, 04:17 AM
I'll play. I love Stratego.

oddler
12-05-2007, 04:28 AM
Okay. This brings it up to 4 people (NOT ENOUGH) so get on out here and sign up, shyguys.

Aerith's Knight
Azar
Psychotic
Del Murder

The Unknown Guru
12-05-2007, 04:44 AM
Is there going to be a board? I don't see how it could work without a board. If there's a board, I'm in.

oddler
12-05-2007, 05:23 AM
Board, as in a message board? I'd rather keep all the posts in one thread to make it easier and more organized.

Or...

Board, as in a gameboard? Like actual playing pieces? No, this isn't going to be an actual board game. It's just an idea I came up with sort of similar to the Mafia games. The teams will discuss who to attack, then a player will attack a player from the opposing team.

It could be really fast and end in one or two rounds or it could take almost everyone dying in order to find the other team's flag. I'm not really sure and it depends a lot upon the people playing. I'd just like to try it out, mainly, to see if it's going to work well or not. :p