PDA

View Full Version : We all live in a Red Submarine

Heath
12-03-2007, 11:59 PM
I've never gotten the Red Submarine before but today I thought I'd deliberately lose the submarine battle just to see what actually happens when you get it. It's nothing terribly interesting, but thought I'd check it out anyway. Much rather have the grey one so I can get the huge materia.

Have you ever gotten the red submarine?

And what do you with the crew on the grey submarine? Do you kill them or take them hostage? I always take them hostage because they're too ridiculously bumblingly nice to kill.

ReloadPsi
12-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Red submarine = pointless. Hell, I don't even like red anyway.

And I prefer killing the crew; extra EXP, minimal though it be.

cloud21zidane16
12-04-2007, 12:13 AM
I messed it up on purpose just to see what happens but then loaded and got the grey one:)
Sometimes i kill the crew, depends how i feel:p

Agent0042
12-06-2007, 03:40 AM
I had the red submarine once, but only way back when when I myself was bumbling and terrible at the mini-games. Now I always get the Grey Sub, 'cause, well, no Huge Materia otherwise. And I'm good now at the torpedo minigame.

I take the crew hostage. Again, I have battled them before (the battle is pretty funny, and the tune played is the "Rufus Welcoming March"), but nowadays I always take them hostage. Also, if you take them hostage, you can see them later when retrieving the Huge Materia and getting the Key to the Ancients.

Jess
12-06-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't think I've ever had the red submarine. I like red! I always keep the crew hostage, I'd feel mean to kill them. :jess:

ReloadPsi
12-06-2007, 06:12 PM
What if you capture the crew but then fail the submarine mission anyway? Does that mean they drown? ^__^

BG-57
12-07-2007, 07:59 PM
It's worth sparing them just to see them execute Cloud's victory move. :)

Creeping Shadow
12-08-2007, 08:13 AM
I always get the red one but a for the crew I flip a coin on it....(pray it be heads. Pray!!!!)

Heath
12-08-2007, 09:32 PM
What if you capture the crew but then fail the submarine mission anyway? Does that mean they drown? ^__^

:(

The crew are awesome. Exactly the kind of comic relief you need when a meteor is hurtling towards you and numerous giant Weapons are on the loose blowing crap up.