PDA

View Full Version : General Rules

Behold the Void
12-04-2007, 05:33 PM
General Rules:

Everyone starts with 5 million gil, and can bring in up to an extra 5 million from the Grand Tournament. If you are a Mercenary or Barbarian group, you start with 2.5 gil and can bring in an extra 2.5 gil.

Every country gets its own thread, which will be posted by the country's ruler. Discussion of the country and open discussion will take place in that thread, although PMs may also be used (please send logs of your plans to a Coordinator so that we can track what you're trying to do and plan for it).

Each week represents a season in game-terms. All affairs of state and combat will be conducted over the course of a week, which includes diplomatic conversation, country management, military conflict and espionage. Players won’t be required to constantly adjust how their country is running, but are encouraged to check things over every week to make sure it’s running the way they want. Managing affairs of state can be as simple as changing the tax rate in an area or building a new city to something as complex as declaring war on another country and sending troops to ravage their borders.

All adjustments and state affairs should be PMed to one of the coordinators. They are:

Behold the Void (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/behold%2Bthe%2Bvoid.html)
Chaos is the Key (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/chaos%2Bis%2Bthe%2Bkey.html)
Triumphant Hero (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/the%2Btriumphant%2Bhero.html)

Players may communicate via chat programs, but logs of the chat must be sent to one of the coordinators so that the activity can be logged and tracked. Communications such as these are considered “confidential,” ruler-to-ruler discussions through magical or mundane means that are completely private.

Players can also issue formal messages, proclamations and challenges in the general section of the Eizon board.

General matters of state are handled by the coordinators, and each ruler will receive a status report every Sunday posted in their country's thread regarding the progress of their kingdom (population change, general happiness, and the like). These factors are based off how the kingdom is built, and players themselves aren’t required to track them (although they are free to inquire further as to the nature of certain changes).

On occasion, natural disasters, pestilence, plague, or other random devastations will make their way through countries. Rulers will be expected to respond to these measures as they come; and events will generally be pre-planned by myself based on location.

Every week (or season in-game) you get 1 gil per normal citizen as taxes. You can increase or decrease taxes by 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100%, but the tax level will affect the happiness of your population. Tax rates do not have to be set the same for every city. Your upkeep for maintaining various other aspects of your country (such as your army) is then subtracted from your total income, and the remaining money is added to your treasury. This number can be a negative number, if your upkeep exceeds your income you will start to lose money and if you go into debt, bad things start to happen.

Generated profit may be increased through skillful use of trade routes, but those matters will all be handled in-game.

There are two special factions that are played by the Co-Coordinators, the Church and the Judges. They are bound by special rules.

The Church is the center of faith in Eizon, many people pay at least some level of homage to the church. The church is responsible for the spiritual well-being of the people, and has great jurisdiction over domestic matters. They have the power over the religion and can call for crusades against heathen countries or excommunicate people if they wish. Only the Judges can block a mandate by the Church. All Paladins and White Mages owe a debt of fealty to the Church, and are required to obey Church mandates. Those that fail to do so are stripped of their job. PCs who do this must choose another job of the same basic style (combat for Paladins, spellcasting for White Mages) and immediately drop one rank, redistributing their skills accordingly.

The Judge is the center of international law in Eizon. They have the power to mediate disputes and conflicts between countries, and can demand an end to all hostilities. Only the Church can block a mandate by the Judges. Dark Knights and Black Mages owe a debt of fealty to the Judges, and are required to obey Judge mandates. Those that fail to do so are stripped of their job. PCs who do this must choose another job of the same basic style (combat for Dark Knights, spellcasting for Black Mages) and immediately drop one rank, redistributing their skills accordingly.

Both the Church and the Judges have but one major city and a standing army. They cannot actively declare war on any country, although they are permitted to defend themselves if another country attacks them. Both forces have a great deal of political power in the world, and while it is possible to conquer them, attempting such actions could lead to disastrous results. Both the Church and the Judges have the power to demand assistance from other countries if they are attacked.

Interactions between countries are dictated completely by the players. You can trade, declare war, or even talk via PM or Instant Messenger (again, please send us the logs, especially if official business is conducted). There's no set price for trade goods, charge however much you both can agree is fair.

Mercenary and Barbarian leaders start at rank 4, PCs who join the group are rank 3, and NPCs who are hired start at rank 2.

Mercenary or Barbarian groups are not required to construct any kind of support structures, but they have no structures to support their troops. They only need to buy soldiers and generals, and pay only 1/2 the upkeep a normal kingdom can do. However, in order to continuously earn money or support, Mercenaries must find wars to sell their services to, and Barbarians must constantly invade and plunder areas for wealth.

Either groups are permitted to start their own minor settlement if they have land. If they stay primarily mercenary/barbarian, having some farmland can support their troops and reduce their upkeep or even negate it. They can also build a full-fledged kingdom if they have the resources, so long as they pick land they've either conquered or found.

Mercenaries get to set their own prices for aid. Barbarians tend to just run in and kill everything.

edczxcvbnm
12-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I must be missing something but how long is a season? For Storing food that is on a month to month basis, can we assume that a season is 3 months?

Aerith's Knight
12-05-2007, 05:28 PM
a season is in real time 3 months(there are four: spring, summer ,fall and winter) and in the game a season passes in 1 week.

edczxcvbnm
12-05-2007, 05:40 PM
This is a fake world and thus I wanted it to be noted that there are indeed 4 seasons that are 3 months each. For all we know a season could be one month and a year passes in those 4 months. This isn't the real world and things don't have to work the same way, therefore I want all this stuff spelled out to a T so no assumptions are to be made.

Aerith's Knight
12-05-2007, 05:55 PM
youre right

do events happen every day or every week/season?

Behold the Void
12-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Seasons are 3 months. Assume outside of magic the world itself functions more or less the same as ours, I don't change things that I don't have to when I'm worldbuilding. It makes it harder for players to keep up.

Events can happen at any time during the week, the day you choose to hold diplomatic meetings or combat or whatever will affect the "date" we cite when we post up the public logs (I'll be recording all major events every season in threads).

Aerith's Knight
12-05-2007, 06:42 PM
but what if someone invades while im at college?

i couldnt defend myself

Behold the Void
12-05-2007, 06:44 PM
but what if someone invades while im at college?

i couldnt defend myself

You'll have a week while you're invaded. So long as you have time to pop on real quick and send a PM to one of the coordinators, we'll run your battle for you. More on combat later, I'm throwing a lot of information at you guys so I want to try to keep it at more of a minimum.

Aerith's Knight
12-05-2007, 06:53 PM
aah.. i hope i dont get invaded.. in every strategy sim game or sim game i just want to make the most perfect cities etc.. war doesnt really come into play

can we have a 2 week peace set in by the church and judge in the beginning of playing.. so we all get time to build armies and cities and walls and such

Behold the Void
12-05-2007, 06:56 PM
I'll likely be having something like that in effect so you guys can get used to how the game is played. This week is just building up the kingdoms, the first official season will start next Sunday.

Aerith's Knight
12-05-2007, 07:09 PM
if i draw a map with cities, walls, farmlands, shipyard, etc with the cost and everything.. how long would it take to build?

Behold the Void
12-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Stuff you buy with your initial money gets built immediately. Most structures take a season to build unless they're really large, then it starts becoming variable.

Aerith's Knight
12-05-2007, 07:23 PM
ill get you a detailed map with costs and figures by saturday

NeoTifa
12-09-2007, 06:24 AM
are we allowed to sell pc mercenaries for a price (smaller so people will buy them) and those that my country sell, i play them as my rp part of teh game?

Behold the Void
12-09-2007, 06:50 AM
You can if you want.

NeoTifa
12-09-2007, 11:53 PM
sweet. along with my nudist colony, i will sell nude mercs :p jklol

Aerith's Knight
12-10-2007, 12:53 AM
can you use 50% of you facilities like farmland. i mean im building a surplus of food, for when there is famine.. but can i tune down the production when my storehouses become crowded?

Behold the Void
12-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Yes. What that means is you allow your fields to lie fallow, with no crops planted there. Specify beforehand if you're doing it during the season in which you take this action.

Aerith's Knight
12-10-2007, 02:14 AM
not for the first 6 seasons.. i have big warehouses :)

rayquaza0
01-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Can eisgaea own annifontia?
Joking,
When we start to invade a city, can we actually capture the city and use it as a vassal, for example i take over aerith's knight's colony while he's at college (im not really) and decide that his tributes must be made to me and i decide which tributes he must give to me per season (e.g food, soldiers etc.) Such as in war sim's such as in Zeus.

Behold the Void
01-15-2008, 02:03 AM
You can demand tribute and vassalage from a defeated country if desired. You can also line everyone up and hang them. It's up to you.

Trumpet Thief
01-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Rubedo: I just wanted to say how awesome it is you guys are starting this thing up again :P

Albedo: SUPER SHINY LAND IS MINE :mad2: