PDA

View Full Version : No lights! No lights D:

Zeldy
12-04-2007, 06:02 PM
There was a power cut this morning, so my house was in complete darkness when I woke up as there were no street lights. It was so crap! I had to do my makeup in torch light. Luckily, by 7:30 it came back on, otherwise I'dve had to go to school with unstraightened messy hair (it just.. doesnt happen!)

When was the last time you had a power cut? I hate them, it was only half an hour but I was SO BORED without TV ;;

oddler
12-04-2007, 06:14 PM
It's been a long time since a power-outage happened around here. The last one I remember was actually at work. We had to send about half the people home but the other half had to stay because we still had electricity on one side of the building. :p

Dreddz
12-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Two weeks ago their was a power cut in my area which lasted a whole day! I guess when its only a few streets that people don't feel the need to go out of their way to fix a power cut.

Quindiana Jones
12-04-2007, 06:34 PM
My girlfriend's always shouting that.

Powercuts...right. I love powercuts. Can't remember the last time though.

Vermachtnis
12-04-2007, 06:39 PM
We had a couple of power outages this semester. They lasted all day, that really sucked. But I had a DS though.

Bunny
12-04-2007, 06:56 PM
I like power outages. Especially with girls around, easier to make them scream.

Quindiana Jones
12-04-2007, 07:00 PM

Surely they're more likely to scream if they can see your face? ;)

Lynx
12-04-2007, 07:00 PM
yesterday the power went out in the moring. i slept through it but i realized it happened when all the clocks were blinking in hte morning and my alarm hadnt woken me up.

Bunny
12-04-2007, 07:03 PM

Surely you jest, Arthur Arty!

Quindiana Jones
12-04-2007, 07:08 PM

Yep. I knew it. I'm 47% gay for you now.

Jess
12-04-2007, 07:10 PM
I don't like powercuts. I usually just sleep during them, because otherwise I get bored and moan. I live down a country road so sometimes we have powercuts due to bad weather which is the worst because I turn to ice. :jess:

Aerith's Knight
12-04-2007, 07:16 PM

Yep. I knew it. I'm 47% gay for you now.

thats a very accurate mental state you have there

rubah
12-04-2007, 07:35 PM
I don't think we've had any power outages since I've been at school, and I don't remember the last one at home.

NeoTifa
12-04-2007, 07:49 PM
we get them all the time. i have a transformer on the light post in my back yard, and it blows all the freaking time, so when the lights go out, people always come here and say "what did you do this time" lol it wasnt me!!!! i swear it!!!

Aerith's Knight
12-04-2007, 07:53 PM
we get them all the time. i have a transformer on the light post in my back yard, and it blows all the freaking time, so when the lights go out, people always come here and say "what did you do this time" lol it wasnt me!!!! i swear it!!!

weird.. our electricity is either in steel towers or underground.. never fails..

Jojee
12-04-2007, 07:54 PM
I haven't had one in years and years but if it were dark then I wouldn't like it :p If it were light, I wouldn't either, cos' no computer and stuff, yeah.

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2007, 01:08 AM
The whole city went out during Homecoming!

...luckily I was at Gattitown at the time and they had backup!

41-Inches-Wide
12-05-2007, 01:53 AM
We have blackouts daily. Its kind of erotic.

Ramza Beoulve
12-05-2007, 03:30 AM
We had one today, of around 6 hours. Luckily, I had my GBA with full battery xD.

snacks
12-05-2007, 03:37 AM
We had one like in the middle of the summer on the hottest day, when everyone one was running their air. The whole block was down. IT was pretty awesome besides the fact that it was the only source keeping me alive at the time.

Momiji
12-05-2007, 03:50 AM
When we have power outages, I usually go to sleep or play my DS (if I'm not on the computer, chances are I'm already doing one of the two), or just leave home.

Araciel
12-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Two nights ago at approximately 12:00 am, the power went out. moments later it flashed back on, only to go back out. The poltergeist-like activity then began. The power flickered on and off rapidly for at least half an hour before finally going out altogether. It was annoying having to deactivate everything in the house and unplug certain appliances. It did not come back on until around 2:30.

Rengori
12-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Happens all the time here, I just ignore them.

Christmas
12-05-2007, 08:20 AM
My friend lost her virginity on the first power cut out with her boyfriend and pregnant with a baby on the second. :bigsmile:

Momiji
12-05-2007, 02:28 PM
My friend lost her virginity on the first power cut out with her boyfriend and pregnant with a baby on the second. :bigsmile:

How romantic! *starry eyed*

Raebus
12-05-2007, 02:29 PM
When power cuts occur, I like to think it's my blinking with such intensity that causes them.