PDA

View Full Version : Yes I *know* these items do nothing, BUT...

MJN SEIFER
12-04-2007, 10:33 PM
I am fully aware that there is no use for the following items "Tissues", "1/35 Soldiers", "Super Sweepers", and "Massmune Blades". I have played this game many times, and have seen many people ask of there uses online.

But why eaxactly did Square include non-usable items? Is there a reason I never got? I realize the "Tissue" is probably a joke, on the fact that you've lost the Battle arena. But the others...

Also. Isn't strange that the "One out of thirty-five soldiers" (1/35 Soldiers) are advertsed as being "12 in a set", when I've only ever been able to find about 3. Also - shouldn't there be 35 in a set? Otherwise they're "1/12 Soldiers". :confused:

f f freak
12-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Actually I thought the 1/35 referred to their size. As in they are 1/35 of their real size or something like that.

MJN SEIFER
12-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Actually I thought the 1/35 referred to their size. As in they are 1/35 of their real size or something like that.

Oh really? I never knew that size could be written like that. If it can, it makes a lot more sense.

Slothy
12-04-2007, 10:52 PM
The thing with the soldiers is true. Maybe they said 12 in a set just to annoy people, or put a few in but never bothered with the rest. They may have even had a purpose in mind for them and for tissues but dropped the ideas after the items were already in the game and just never bothered to remove them. As for the Masamune blade, they probably put it there to annoy anyone who ever wanted to equip the word on Cloud.

cloud21zidane16
12-04-2007, 11:06 PM
What Vivi22 said, just for the mystery and annoyance:p

Aerith's Knight
12-05-2007, 12:51 AM
prob more for the annoyance though :)

Bolivar
12-05-2007, 01:10 AM
You didn't know? If you collect all 12 1/35 soldiers, the copy of the masamune from the gold saucer, after defeating Jenova DEATH at the whirlwind maze, the Sephiroth clone will acknowledge how strong you all are and will join your party to take on Seph!!!

I done it plenty of times.

Big D
12-05-2007, 01:20 AM

Oh really? I never knew that size could be written like that. If it can, it makes a lot more sense.That's a pretty common way of expressing scale, especially for models and maps and the like. I always assumed that the 1/35 solider was a scale model, same as f f freak.

Bonus items like that are just novel for their own sake. Sure you can't even look at them, but the description lets you know what you've got. There are largely pointless items other FF games, too - like the smutty magazine in FFIV, or the Potoin in Dirge of Cerberus. Both of those can actually be used, but they have no significant effect.

cloud21zidane16
12-05-2007, 01:35 AM
You didn't know? If you collect all 12 1/35 soldiers, the copy of the masamune from the gold saucer, after defeating Jenova DEATH at the whirlwind maze, the Sephiroth clone will acknowledge how strong you all are and will join your party to take on Seph!!!

REALLY!? I did the same and Aeris came back to life:D

Aerith's Knight
12-05-2007, 01:46 AM

REALLY!? I did the same and Aeris came back to life:D

REALLY?!?!

*goes off to try it*

MJN SEIFER
12-06-2007, 09:24 PM
The thing with the soldiers is true. Maybe they said 12 in a set just to annoy people, or put a few in but never bothered with the rest. They may have even had a purpose in mind for them and for tissues but dropped the ideas after the items were already in the game and just never bothered to remove them. As for the Masamune blade, they probably put it there to annoy anyone who ever wanted to equip the word on Cloud.

That's probably right, out of the options.

Bonus items like that are just novel for their own sake. Sure you can't even look at them, but the description lets you know what you've got. There are largely pointless items other FF games, too - like the smutty magazine in FFIV, or the Potoin in Dirge of Cerberus. Both of those can actually be used, but they have no significant effect.
05-12-2007 01:10 AM

Yeah, and the many Key Items on FFIX (at least they come with them a fairly interesting message when you click on them) but yeah, that's a good point.

I like these items for some reason, but I just wanted to find out if anyone knew why.

NeoCracker
12-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Supposedly Square had a bad habbit of not putting things into their games that they had intended, and yet never took out.

All of those are likely things that didn't quite make the cut of bonus things in the game, but the developers just didn't get around to removing what they had put in already.

One example of this is FF VI. The Kaisor Dragon (Or whatever its name was) could be found in the Games actual programming, but there isn't actually a way to fight it.

Not quite the same, but you get the point.

blackmage_nuke
12-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Its to set you up for another FFVII spin off production, where we find that the 1/35 soldiers are really Cetra remains filled with Jenova cells or something. And you need to get the masamune blades to destroy them.
Red XIII is the main character.

crazybayman
12-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Its to set you up for another FFVII spin off production, where we find that the 1/35 soldiers are really Cetra remains filled with Jenova cells or something. And you need to get the masamune blades to destroy them.
Red XIII is the main character.

WHOA:hyper:

BG-57
12-07-2007, 08:02 PM
It brings to mind the 1/1000 Airship that you can bid on (but never win) in the auction house in FFVI. The mind boggles at the prospect of collecting 1000 of them.

Psychokitty
12-08-2007, 10:20 PM

I've heard of that "cheat", but it's not true. It's just a complete lie and that was proved on this website that was dedicated to only FFVII. They and alot of other people tried multiple times and it never worked. It was just a scam, but not as good a scam as the one this guy made about reserecting Areis. THAT took along time to plan and then he even admitted it was a scam.

ReloadPsi
12-08-2007, 10:42 PM
One example of this is FF VI. The Kaisor Dragon (Or whatever its name was) could be found in the Games actual programming, but there isn't actually a way to fight it.

Czar in "3", but it was supposed to be "Kaiser", German for Emperor.

My take on the items? To frustrate and to create disappointment, kinda like getting proof that you defeated Omega and suchlike.

Seal Evil
12-09-2007, 11:42 AM

I've heard of that "cheat", but it's not true. It's just a complete lie and that was proved on this website that was dedicated to only FFVII.
I think that everyone, except you, knew that Bolivar was joking.

Psychokitty
12-11-2007, 12:22 AM
. . . . . No, it was a joke of a lie. . . . .